• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hachi Ichi 20
0qInFNy.jpg
My my my Shinichirou how dauntless you've become ! Papa Tribes is proud of you, Minamoto should take an example here.

exarkun

It depends, do you enjoy more the travel or the payoff ?

Because while Negima was really enjoyable, its ending is...bad, rushed, abruptly ended with a lot of plots points left hanging (which will hopefully be adressed to in time in its indirect sequel UQ Holder
who the hell am I kidding here
)

I like the journey. So its worth reading? Alright, ill give it a try.

Are there actually any other guys in the series? The synopsis was basically guy gets dropped into cage of 8 girls.

There's his swagamoto-wannabe brother who likes to messes with him
and kidnap girls
and his two best buds, the stereotypical popular guy and the stereotypical otaku guy. They both are equally astonished to see him interact with a girl this.

dumbyugi

Hayate

I guess that's what he used originally. So.. does he still have that? Because I don't remember a charm ever being brought up after he became a butler. Does it disappear after being used or what.

I really don't want Hayate's parents to ever show up again because I just know he'll forgive them

Hayate's brother has/had it. Hayate runs into his brother after leaving the garden and Hayate's brother uses the kings jewel to enter the garden and save Athena.

diaspora

Golden Time ch 21

So basically she rejected Tada's confession the first time because she didn't want to make it seem like she was going out with him as a rebound from being rejected by someone else? That's... somewhat logical.

Nordicus

Mrs Angel 3

I don't smoke, but boy did I feel sorry for her during this chapter. However... does she not have any matches in her house? I get that they have a young, loud and demanding kid in their house, but none even hidden anywhere?

By the way, I seem to be picking up a lot of slice-of-life manhwa with adult women as protagonists. What's up with that?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I am so glad I don't read harem series, it seems to do nothing but cause conflict here. Especially Nisekoi.

dramatis

I feel like the best example to demonstrate why Nisekoi is bad isn't that far away, it comes in the form of Yamada and the 7 Witches. Both are harem shounen (in a sense...), Yamada's only about 10 chapters less than Nisekoi, but significantly more has happened plotwise. I stopped reading Nisekoi a long time ago because the 'comedy' revolved around the same 'this event where these girls can try to get Raku to notice them!' type thing every time, whereas with Yamada there's enough variety and weirdness that doesn't just involve some girl trying to score points with the main guy.

It probably helps a lot that Yamada, despite being himself, is a much better main character than Raku.

wonzo

Banned
Mob Psycho 1000 46-47

At first there were tears of shock and sadness but they soon turned into tears of awe.

REIGEN ;_;7

upandaway

I thought the anime and manga threads were bad about waifu wars, but then I started playing Persona 4 Golden.
I'm still waiting for Yukiko to recover and I already know how bad I am with RPGs that give me free reign to stat increases. I settled with a dex build in Dark Souls but I have no clue what to do in this game (for now I raised knowledge for that translation job, and s.links and stuff).

I feel like the best example to demonstrate why Nisekoi is bad isn't that far away, it comes in the form of Yamada and the 7 Witches. Both are harem shounen (in a sense...), Yamada's only about 10 chapters less than Nisekoi, but significantly more has happened plotwise. I stopped reading Nisekoi a long time ago because the 'comedy' revolved around the same 'this event where these girls can try to get Raku to notice them!' type thing every time, whereas with Yamada there's enough variety and weirdness that doesn't just involve some girl trying to score points with the main guy.

It probably helps a lot that Yamada, despite being himself, is a much better main character than Raku.
Depends on how you define harem. There's so many anime/manga that you could replace with "Nisekoi" in your post that it comes down to comparing that whole subgenre with Yamada. At that point, I don't know if it's right to call Yamada harem, though that's not really a way to test the definition of the genre by itself.

Your favorite character is shit. Shitttttttt.

etc, etc.

I refused to date anyone in P4G.
I wouldn't have mind dating Adachi cause that ending

bigkrev

Persona 4 was nowhere near as bad as FE:A
Probably because P4 pretty much pushes you on a path to Yukiko, and she's everyone's favorite, anyway.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Your favorite character is shit. Shitttttttt.

etc, etc.

I refused to date anyone in P4G.
I wouldn't have mind dating Adachi cause that ending

Personally I feel dating someone in P4 would be dickish considering
Yu leaves Inaba at the end. Sure he comes back in Arena, but I'm not sure how canon that is considering the ending of Golden with everyone looking different.

Wait, which is the real ending?

Personally I feel dating someone in P4 would be dickish considering
Yu leaves Inaba at the end. Sure he comes back in Arena, but I'm not sure how canon that is considering the ending of Golden with everyone looking different.

Wait, which is the real ending?

Arena takes place between the end of P4 and the Golden epilogue.

I believe it takes place two months after Yu leaves for the first time, since it is happening during Golden Week.

------------------------------------------------------

Ok, truth be told, I did wanted to date
Naoto
in P4G but I fucked up her strict requirements and decided to lust after
Adachi
instead, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom