• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what I read, albeit I read it in a minute or so.

Either way, all the Quincy have to do is keep their medallions and not use them. The Shinigami still won't be able to use their Bankai and get crushed. In any case, didn't Urahara say it was only an instant of hollow-fying? I don't think he can keep sending those magic pellets every time they steal another one.

This infection talk brings back memories of Zombie Powder for some reason.

One Piece

The colour cover looks sweet. Nami looks like that girl from Marmalade Boy.

Dah fuck? You realize what you are saying right? The shinigami can freely use their bankai now. If the Quincy steal it then its poisonous to them as shown with Cang Du.

No the hollowfication is not permanent but the threat of that pill will disallow any more bankai stealing. Quincy don't have the anti-bodies to deal with Hollow infections.

The pill itself is called shadow invading pills. Also Hitsugaya still has not gotten his Bankai back yet along with the rest so we have yet to get the full explanation.

Kubo will probably go over how the Bankai was stolen and then how it will be returned to their owners.

Tamanon

Banned
I mean, you've got Mayuri and Urahara in the same room. That is exposition city coming up over the next several chapters.

Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai 05

Well at the very least, I hope the shoujo lead stops being so gullible. Looks like we're going into the normal shoujo romance now.

Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai 05.5

Oh yep, love is starting I guess.

One Piece
Does Ceasar have seastone handcuffs on? If not, how exactly are the strawhats going to keep Ceasar under control now that he has his heart back?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Naruto 650
tumblr_mucm6ixnRj1rker84o1_500.jpg

It has to be utterly impossible for anyone to dislike this chapter, that final page was incredible, Naruto (smiling) and Sasuke standing strong and so ready to finally take on Obito. We even got Naruto's best line, (never go back on his word cause that his nindo his ninja way even, in remembrance of part one even). Hype.

Healing technique reminded me of tales franchise rpg artes for some reason, I guess the whole healing while still fighting in a certain radius.

For some reason I am wondering: if Big One and DTL were to merge into one ala Dragonball Z, what kind of character would it result? Hahahaha.

Dresden

koe no katachi - 06

I'm glad it didn't dwell on the suffering, and moved forward to this point. It's weirdly cathartic and redemptive - I don't think it's entirely earned, but it's still a sweet moment.

One Piece

Law's fruit is just such an imba.
He can basically teleport everything, anywhere?

It's a ridiculous DF power. (and that's in addition to that cutting people in pieces).

The Gamer 05

I am appreciating the amount of thought the main character is doing into this. Usually you'll just get heroes who charge head first and pull new powers out of their ass.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I mean, you've got Mayuri and Urahara in the same room. That is exposition city coming up over the next several chapters.

...wasn't there a Quincy in there before Urahara showed up? Talkin smack with Mayuri? Pretended to lose interest and walk away, but didn't? He sure wasn't in this chapter at all, and is just like.. standing off panel watching everyone walk into some room and do important Shinigami business. "Oh no, go ahead, I'll wait."

Korosenai

One Piece

Law's fruit is just such an imba.
He can basically teleport everything, anywhere?

It's a ridiculous DF power. (and that's in addition to that cutting people in pieces).
That's why I think he's the perfect counter to Doflamingo, because he won't be able to tie him down with his strings.

Tamanon

Banned
...wasn't there a Quincy in there before Urahara showed up? Talkin smack with Mayuri? Pretended to lose interest and walk away, but didn't? He sure wasn't in this chapter at all, and is just like.. standing off panel watching everyone walk into some room and do important Shinigami business. "Oh no, go ahead, I'll wait."

I'm pretty sure he actually did leave.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm pretty sure he actually did leave.

This was his last on-panel appearance:

A speech about how they had planned for the Shinigami learning to fight without their Bankais. It was while he was walking away, but I guess.. he really did just finish walking away after it, huh. Scared away by lightbulbs.

One Piece 724

Law for next strawhat please, He is so powerful and Room is so versatile. Bit disappointed that Oda has Sanji as so weak, he could have had him deal some damage or something, not just sit there and watch and need to be saved being in distress.
His crew hasn't forgottn him. Bepo will come to the rescue. He might have some badasses on his crew...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Hey Kishimoto, you did this entire thing about love turning to hatred and betrayal and walking down the same path as the villain already with Nagato.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
MangaGAF, help me here, what's the name of the really cute manga about a really cute circumstance between young office lady and a train station officer?

Beam and Big One would be even funnier

Hahaha.

I think Beam and Big One has a pretty similar personality though. It's just that the thing they like is vastly different from one another.

Big One

Banned
For some reason I am wondering: if Big One and DTL were to merge into one ala Dragonball Z, what kind of character would it result? Hahahaha.
We wouldn't have to fuse together cause we're the same person, according to some on ManGAF.

Anyway weekly rundowns...

One Piece C

Law's hax is getting pretty dumb. I used to thing he was a true G but I'm getting tired of stuff like, "Oh shit, *insert character* is gonna get fucked." but then Law comes in for the save. Luffy does it too, but that's his role, he's supposed to be the central character who is more powerful than the others and protects his friend. Now you got Law too, who has gotten close to as much time as Luffy has in this arc (which is more time than the others). I don't buy Law as being a major player at the moment and giving him these little haxisms is just lazy writing. I wish a lot of this time spent on Law was spent on developing the Strawhats.

On the flip side, however, Law's backstory with Dofla should be some good stuff so this isn't all for nothing.

Bleach D

I still have the same sentiment about last week: Giving the Shinigami back their bankai is bullshit. It makes the entire point of getting their bankai taken away pointless and makes the Quincy look weak. They look even weaker now that the bankai are ripped away from the Quincy themselves from a fucking MxGuffin pill. The only reason why I didn't completely hate this chapter is because it spent a good amount of time explaining why exactly this is going on and I do appreciate that. At the same time, all this is going to do is stilt the character development something like losing your bankai can do to the characters and instead return them back at full power. Now we're in for more garbage fights.

Naruto F

Another filler chapter. There's even more chapters about Naruto talking about the ninja way/protecting his friends/saving the world than anything else in the series. We get it, you're a good dude Naruto. Why did we need a whole nother chapter, again, about this? The only shining light is Kakashi suggesting Obito might have good in him...that's a tidbit of a plotpoint and gives us an idea of what's gonna happen next. But the other 19 pages worth of material would be better off in the trash bin.

Lain

XXX with Himeko-chan

Starts off sorta NTR-ish, ends up all sweet and lovely. I kinda laughed my ass off at that end.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The only shining light is Kakashi suggesting Obito might have good in him...that's a tidbit of a plotpoint and gives us an idea of what's gonna happen next.
Foreshadowing Talk No Jutsu is a shining light? I can't wait.
Hey Kishimoto, you did this entire thing about love turning to hatred and betrayal and walking down the same path as the villain already with Nagato.
I know I'm not the only one that thought this exact same thing. It's like he transplanted Pain's exact words and fed them to Obito.

Big One

Banned
Foreshadowing Talk No Jutsu is a shining light? I can't wait.
Well my point is, at least Kishimoto wrote something different. Everything else is stuff about how great Naruto is which has happened since, what, the very first chapter? At least this gives us a development on Obito.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Well my point is, at least Kishimoto wrote something different. Everything else is stuff about how great Naruto is which has happened since, what, the very first chapter? At least this gives us a development on Obito.
Setting the stage for more Naruto speeches :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We wouldn't have to fuse together cause we're the same person, according to some on ManGAF.

Anyway weekly rundowns...

Bleach D

I still have the same sentiment about last week: Giving the Shinigami back their bankai is bullshit. It makes the entire point of getting their bankai taken away pointless and makes the Quincy look weak. They look even weaker now that the bankai are ripped away from the Quincy themselves from a fucking MxGuffin pill. The only reason why I didn't completely hate this chapter is because it spent a good amount of time explaining why exactly this is going on and I do appreciate that. At the same time, all this is going to do is stilt the character development something like losing your bankai can do to the characters and instead return them back at full power. Now we're in for more garbage fights.

I don't understand how you can give everything "F" week after week and then give Bleach a "D" when it literally turns on a straight up deus ex machina. Did you even read it?

As for this Bleach chapter again Juha bach is one stupid mother fucker for telling the Quincys to kill the captain with there own Bankai, clearly the captains will be the ones who knows the most about the bankais and any possible weakness so why the fuck order your minions to give the captains even the slightest of advantage?

As for this Bleach chapter again Juha bach is one stupid mother fucker for telling the Quincys to kill the captain with there own Bankai, clearly the captains will be the ones who knows the most about the bankais and any possible weakness so why the fuck order your minions to give the captains even the slightest of advantage?
Or like Naak Le Vaar said, he has planned for all if this. I find it hard to believe that he guy who took SS down in 5 minutes, does not have a plan that the bankai that they stole will return to the captains.

A deus ex machina (/ˈdeɪ.əs ɛks ˈmɑːkiːnə/ or /ˈdiːəs ɛks ˈmækɨnə/;[1] Latin: "god from the machine" pronounced [ˈdeus eks ˈmaː.kʰi.na]; plural: dei ex machina) is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object.

I don't understand how you can give everything "F" week after week and then give Bleach a "D" when it literally turns on a straight up deus ex machina. Did you even read it?

Yeah, you don´t know what deus ex machina means. The matter of the fact that this technique was used twice and explained already does not make it deus ex machina.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I assume it's the one I read before which is Shuuden na Kankei

This is it. You're also the one that made me want to read it in the first place, IIRC, so thanks for that!

I *really love* stories like this, especially when the characters are just ordinary people and not supermodels. Really lovely feeling all around.

RagnarokX

And you assume it was being hidden why? The first time we see him use his powers against random soldiers it was made pretty obvious what kind of DF he had. So far Dofla's appearances in the series have been

-Minor scene when discussing who to replace Crocodile with, he controls soldiers like puppets to fight each other

-Minor scene when he punishes Bellamy, controlling him like a puppet

-The war, where he only has his scene where he and Crocodile attack each other and his declaration that "the winner decides justice"

-The scene after the war where he chases down Moria with pacifista, then tells the marine guy to f off

-This recent saga, where he plays the main antagonist and has his power officially revealed

When did his power need an official explanation before this? The only scene you could possibly argue is when he attacks Smoker's unit at Punk Hazard, but even if he had decided to explain it to the marines he just beat up it'd still have to be reexplained to the Strawhats later in this arc.
You forgot the scene during the war where he cut off Oars Jr.'s leg.

Are we sure Luffy heard Law's conversation? How would he?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I still want to know where you were reading new chapters of I Am a Hero...

Oooh. Not sure about "new", I am just reading what's already available so far :)

The speed of which characters are introduced and killed is so.... amazing, in a way. Like I said, Woosh, Blink, and Dead. Just like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Or like Naak Le Vaar said, he has planned for all if this. I find it hard to believe that he guy who took SS down in 5 minutes, does not have a plan that the bankai that they stole will return to the captains.

Yeah, you don´t know what deus ex machina means. The matter of the fact that this technique was used twice and explained already does not make it deus ex machina.

I know exactly what it means, and I know you will defend anything Tite Kubo does no matter what it is, so I don't have any interest in arguing about Bleach with you. None, leave me alone.

Big One

Banned
Yes, I read it. The dues ex machina was in the last chapter too. Only this chapter took time to explain why it even exists so it gets a higher grade than an F.

Angry Grimace

Yes, I read it. The dues ex machina was in the last chapter too. Only this chapter took time to explain why it even exists so it gets a higher grade than an F.

The fact that its explained in a way that fits in the plotline doesn't make not abysmal storytelling. Urahara still popped up with a solution to everyone's problems.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

The shinigami did not earn their bankais back in any way, shape, or form. They were taken from them with zero effort, they were totally beaten without them, and now because Urahara showed up out of nowhere literally through a magic door with a handful of magic beans, they all get their bankais back. There was no arc, there was no suffering, there was no effort. It is a solution with no struggle. Urahara in this instance literally is the god from the machine. He appeared during the climax and just fixed everything for everyone with the push of a button.

Also, regarding this "technique being used twice," you are writing fanfiction. Urahara did not explain in any capacity the specific mechanic behind how this pill is absorbed, nor the way they were teleported to people. You are guessing at why they work, deciding your guess is canon, and using that to fuel arguments.

I am all for defending things against silly attacks. This is not one of those times. Maybe next week it'll all make sense, but right now, much of this is gibberish and/or just lazy.

Angry Grimace

The shinigami did not earn their bankais back in any way, shape, or form. They were taken from them with zero effort, they were totally beaten without them, and now because Urahara showed up out of nowhere literally through a magic door with a handful of magic beans, they all get their bankais back. There was no arc, there was no suffering, there was no effort. It is a solution with no struggle. Urahara in this instance literally is the god from the machine. He appeared during the climax and just fixed everything for everyone with the push of a button.

Also, regarding this "technique being used twice," you are writing fanfiction. Urahara did not explain in any capacity the specific mechanic behind how this pill is absorbed, nor the way they were teleported to people. You are guessing at why they work, deciding your guess is canon, and using that to fuel arguments.

He doesn't even understand what I'm talking about - he thinks he deus ex I'm referring to is the teleporting the beans, not the fact that he showed up with the solution to all of life's problems.

I know exactly what it means, and I know you will defend anything Tite Kubo does no matter what it is, so I don't have any interest in arguing about Bleach with you. None, leave me alone.

No you obviously don´t, especially when it´s stated that for it to deus ex machina. I will highlight the part to help you out

A deus ex machina (/ˈdeɪ.əs ɛks ˈmɑːkiːnə/ or /ˈdiːəs ɛks ˈmækɨnə/;[1] Latin: "god from the machine" pronounced [ˈdeus eks ˈmaː.kʰi.na]; plural: dei ex machina) is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem is suddenly and abruptly resolved by the contrived and unexpected intervention of some new event, character, ability, or object.

None of what happened in the chapter qualifies as dues ex machina, so accept what you said is wrong in this context and move on, just you were arguing some time ago that part one in Naruto and part 2 have the same quality and you were criticizing people for even thinking otherwise.

Angry Grimace

No you obviously don´t, especially when it´s stated that for it to deus ex machina. I will highlight the part to help you out

None of what happened in the chapter qualifies as dues ex machina, so accept what you said is wrong in this context and move on, just you were arguing some time ago that part one in Naruto and part 2 have the same quality and you were criticizing people for even thinking otherwise.

Again, you think what I'm talking about is that he teleported in with beans that fix everyone's problems, not that he had those beans in the first place. If you had some kind of reasoning to get to that point, you'd be talking about it instead of talking about Naruto or One Piece like you always do when you get backed into a corner.

Your incredibly transparent Naruto deflection is dumb anyways - you're trying to infer I claimed Naruto Part II is good, when in reality I said Naruto Part II sucks just as much as Part I did. They were both mediocre. Stop deflecting.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

You guys are arguing about Bleach and for some reason Naruto gets dragged in as well, hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom