• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eiyuu Kyoushitsu 00

I believe the plot is the legendary hero becomes a regular student. And will probably gain a harem cause light novels.

dani_dc

Quick need good pictures of Prison School!

Here's a couple:
fFy0WC1.png

kaThDiO.jpg

Or you could just google the ass scene.

Furyous

Can someone help me find a manga's name?

I read this manga in 2014 about people that represent gods and had to go to an old lady's shop for help. One of the characters broke a vase in the first issue. There was a dog there at the shop as well. Does anyone remember the name of this manga?

wonzo

Banned
Happiness 1-2

Didn't realise someone started translating Shuuzo's new horror. thing. Pretty cool vampire manga so far.

Centaur's Worries 60

Where the fuck is the Magical girl Pretty Horn spinoff already?!

Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru 12

rip fox

random25

I see we still haven't recovered from Prison School lol.

On another note, I saw the Baka To Test manga, and so far it is much closer to the light novel as compared to the anime, and I'm kinda dissapointed with the anime. Hope they continue this as the manga is pretty slow to update.

Nightbird

Here's the early TOC for next Weeks WSJ Issue:

WSJ ToC #18/2015 (30.03.15)

1. Shokugeki no Soma 112 (Lead color, cover, poster)
  2. One Piece 781
  3. Boku no Hero Academia 36
  4. Black Clover 7
  5. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu 133
  6. Toriko 318
  7. Kagamigami 8
  8. Nisekoi (Center color) 164
  9. Ultra Battle Satellite 5
  10. Haikyuu!! 151
  11. Gintama (Center color) 535
  12. Saiki Kusuo no PSInan 141
  13. Hinomaru Zumou 42
  14. World Trigger 97
  15. Cyborg Roggy 6
  16. Owari no Seraph (Special oneshot, center color)
  17. Bleach 621
  18. Kochikame
  19. Takujou no Ageha 18
  20. Gakkyuu Houtei 16
  21. Isobe

In Issue #19/15:
Cover+Colour: My Hero Academia
Colour Pages: Assassination Classroom, One Shot

Preview for Issue #22 & 23 (Double Issue because of Golden Week):
Cover & Colour: Naruto Gaiden

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece 781

Excellent!

Prison School 161-171

I think everyone hear has covered my sentiments perfectly

PK Gaming

I don't read it as well.

I find it to be repulsive, for some reason. I am uncomfortable reading it.

Though I understand why many in here seems to like it.

........considering that we have many pervs here :p

I know you're kidding around, but on the off chance that you aren't...

I don't read it because of the fanservice (The vice prez is pretty gross) but because of the numerous elaborate situations the author manages to set up. It's basically a manga that constantly manages to one-up itself (each "caper" being more amazing than the last). The strong reaction from many of the regular readers attests to that.

Prison School (at least, the beginning) comes across an allegory of highschool life for awkward, immature teenage boys. Then there's the neat (albeit basic) symbolism too, like the "Eros or Thanatos" panel. Freud believed that humans are pretty much driven by "sex" and "death" and there's a lot of that in this manga.

In short, people can't get away with writing Prison School off as just "smut."

I'm pretty sure the VP is supposed to be like Bayonetta, and a grotesque construct of everything that men find super attractive.

I mean, just look at her breast growth. It's ridiculous. And the fanservice scenes with her (remember that time she got stuck on a doorknob?) are equally ludicrous.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I know you're kidding around, but on the off chance that you aren't...

I don't read it because of the fanservice (The vice prez is pretty gross) but because of the numerous elaborate situations the author manages to set up. It's basically a manga that constantly manages to one-up itself (each "caper" being more amazing than the last). The strong reaction from many of the regular readers attests to that.

Prison School (at least, the beginning) comes across an allegory of highschool life for awkward, immature teenage boys. Then there's the neat (albeit basic) symbolism too, like the "Eros or Thanatos" panel. Freud believed that humans are pretty much driven by "sex" and "death" and there's a lot of that in this manga.

In short, people can't get away with writing Prison School off as just "smut."

Hahaha don't worry I was just joking around.

I wouldn't fault anyone liking it, even *if* the main reason is fanservice. To each their own :)

One Piece

Damn that was brutal. DF is a beast. Also, I think Law has bound to Luffy as strong as a crew member in this arc. He won't be a crew member, since he is a captain, but him and Luffy are bound together now I reckon. He is like a new bro to Luffy I think.

Turok_TTZ

One Piece 781

Get real luffy, Doflamingo is getting serious too.

Edit: 1 Week hiatus, Oda?!
GOD DAMN IT. First akamatsu, now Oda. Oh well.
pls no hiatus ONE or Hiramoto.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece

Damn that was brutal. DF is a beast. Also, I think Law has bound to Luffy as strong as a crew member in this arc. He won't be a crew member, since he is a captain, but him and Luffy are bound together now I reckon. He is like a new bro to Luffy I think.

I don't want it to be Law, but I feel that we are about ripe for a new crew member. It'd be nice if Oda added on another female to the crew.

One Piece

By the way, after Fishman's Island Arc and Punk Hazard, I am really happy how DF turned out. Even relative to increases in power, I feel like DF is the strongest enemy Luffy has ever faced (with a chance of winning). His power is insane. I think Luffy will have to show some new power, not just a move. He did a gattling hawk on DF, and he just shrugged it off.

?? Another one week hiatus? Wait, didn't see that written anywhere...

IHaveIce

Banned
I don't want it to be Law, but I feel that we are about ripe for a new crew member. It'd be nice if Oda added on another female to the crew.
Oda has no idea to write a strong fenale character that is an ally so I don't want that, eventhough a new female would be cool and fitting Oda is just shit with them

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Oda has no idea to write a strong fenale character that is an ally so I don't want that, eventhough a new female would be cool and fitting Oda is just shit with them

I know... =C

I would really enjoy an interesting female character. It'd be cool if they were up there in strength with Sanji too, it will never happen, but it'd be cool.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Bleach - 621

Motherfucking keikakudoori, has returned.

Only reason I still actually read Bleach

Anteater

One Piece

I'm happy with this chapter, good to see
Law made a comeback and almost even took out Doffy.

Hopefully the Luffy vs Doffy fight will be a satisfying one.

Lanhalt

Banned
You guys forgetting Jinbei.
who knows when he joins up though..

I bet on the next bounty batch. Since the begining of the story, the crew has the same dynamic Luffy, the 2 other of the monster trio, and the rest. And this is shown on the primes (even if robin is above Sanji in terms of prime). Jinbei joining up would totally ruin that. I think after the doffy fight, we will have either directly a big mom arc, or a bm introduction arc (as punk hazard was for the current one, but still, something big), so, the other part of the crew do something, and after that, new bounties, and Jinbei joining up, so luffy clearly stay way ahead of the rest of the crew and sanji and zorro are somewhere around Jinbei one (still under it, but not THAT under)

[Fugo]

Prison School

Caught up to 171. The extreme fanservice is still unsettling to me -VP is expecially guilty of that- but the plot is really captivating, the characters are great and likable and overall it's a great ride and I'm looking forward to the upcoming chapters (after reading it all in one burst... is it weekly? I hope so!)

My only fear is that it's going to lead to a non-ending like Me and the Devil Blues (i was liking it so much and then I felt the Lost/Lindelof syndrome all over again)

Rhapsody

Banned
Prison School 161-171

Well... I dunno how to feel about Mari and Kate. Kiyoshi and Hana has taken a strange turn.

Mari's Dad's story is hilarious though lol

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Best thing about this time of week is that new hero Academia should be out Saturday or Sunday! Best new series JUMP has had in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom