• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Half and Half 13 (END)

Overall, I did enjoy the One Shot more for its simplicity. The serialized version had more drama (especially that early one). It was nice when they started getting along, but the One Shot had more of a show don't tell kind of thing until they finally say it. Actual conclusion was interesting though. For the serialized version's characters, I think Seo actually did a satisfying conclusion without copping out.

Zweizer

Banned
Yuricam 1-13 (or something... will finish it today)
While I enjoy the idea of woman-gigolo - it is indeed quiet something, most of the chapters feel the same way. Besides different approach to each chapter (not a "here's todays goal, at the end of the chapter she will kneel before MC") manga would've beniffited from longer preludes - I never thought that I would say it about manga, but Yurika goes to fast into her victim's panties.
Battle Gigolo VS Casanova was a good change of pace, I hope manga will continue this way after it.

Yurika is the greatest gigolette in the world. Of course she'd be quick to conquer the girls!

But yeah, it kind of suffers from relatively lacking an overarching plot, though admittedly on that point it isn't too different from other works in the smutty harem genre. Too bad there aren't that many chapters out.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm ok with quick conquering, I'm not ok with a fact that there is a lack of kissing and embarrassment) I would love for it to be in Minamoto-kun manga way)

What yuri I should read after it? I have your post in my bookmarks:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158468173&postcount=9508
But maybe something besides it?

Either Murciélago, which I love and is very fun, or Majo to Houki to Kurobuchi Megane, which is pretty cute and funny and just got completed recently.

Usobuko

Banned
Wow.

Natsu no Zenjitsu.

The 2 epilogues are masterful 'what ifs' that stab every readers who like Akira.

reactions said:
it's like we saw the prettiest and most incredible ship in the world sink, and the captain keeps telling us how he escaped in a very detailed manner

RIP in piece, NnZ.

Vito

Banned
Unsure, anyone posted this for My Hero Academia 41? Author posts these on twitter.

CEqdG5LVAAAHnHP.jpg:orig

Nothing for 42 yet, since y'all are reading pirated leaks :D

Unsure, anyone posted this for My Hero Academia 41? Author posts these on twitter.

That's nice.
following him right now

Best girl with Frog Girl.
Weird, I didn't know Uraraka had frog abilities !

RELIFE 50
KBNcZ.gif

My Hero Academia 42
Can't wait to see Bakugo get rekt.

Assclass 139
That was surprisingly dark for Shonen jump standards.

Zweizer

Banned
One Punch-Man ch68

Well, now I can't see Tanktop winning.

Peephole ch72

Bet these two will be the victims of the prophecy thing.

Arabesque

I dont know, I still enjoy and think Nisekoi is a genuinely fun and good series. Even with all of its faults, it still retains what drew me in to Komi Naoshi manga in the first place.

Thanks! The drawings he posts are pretty cool. It seems that number 40 is missing.

Yeah, he sometimes doesn't post them for a few chapters. They're just doodles he posts, so I guess he does them when he's free-ish

==================
on the AoT JH and Alita volumes ...

Oh, right: several tables of contents, so... I noticed that with their Genshiken Omnibus releases as well. Damnit.

Yeah, Kodansha's Omnibus releases are annoying for that very reason. I know it is literally just gluing volumes together in a single book, but at least make it a bit more like its a single book.

Its a bit of a shame since their Negima translations are miles ahead of the Del Ray ones (<3 Twins) but I suppose it is a minor complaint in the grand scheme of things with the release.

That would be great.
Either way, thank you again for taking the time to do all this! Some of that stuff had been annoying me for months/years.

It might take a bit to get an answer, but I'll post in the thread once I do.

Sort of a helpful note: if you want to check what the table of contents for an English manga volume, check to see if it has a digital edition on the US iTunes or Viz. you can download a sample with the first pages of the volume, which will have it there. Won't work with every title but in general it is helpful just to get that info.

Erigu

It might take a bit to get an answer, but I'll post in the thread once I do.
Thank you!

Sort of a helpful note: if you want to check what the table of contents for an English manga volume, check to see if it has a digital edition on the US iTunes or Viz. you can download a sample with the first pages of the volume, which will have it there. Won't work with every title but in general it is helpful just to get that info.
Yeah, I try to check official English titles by using previews of digital versions here and there (no dice for those particular works I mentioned earlier though), but I have to admit I hadn't considered the iTunes lead until you mentioned it. Mostly because I've never used it and am totally unfamiliar with the thing.
I'll have to look into that, but I'm a bit hesitant to try and download it as 1) I have the worst fucking luck with computers and thus install as few programs as possible, and 2) I wonder if there's some potentially annoying region-lock thing (I know I ran into that issue with Crunchyroll)...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
My Hero Academia

His name is Slain, he rants about how people are too "optimistic", and he's covered in scars and bandages. Good lord, he's an Image Comics 90's anti-hero. All he needs is giant muscles and missing feet and he'd fit right into a Rob Liefeld comic.

Todoroki vs Bakugo was pretty predictable. Though it should make for an interesting match (if it doesn't get cut short, but I hope he doesn't do that plot line again).

Assassination Classroom 139

Well that was not how I had expected that she would be off'd since the scenes always had it post explosion or something.

Still it felt like a weak explanation for why he would want to annihilate the Earth. Also couldnt he just fly to space to avoid such an issue. I guess that could be a peaceful happy way to end the series.

Lain

Gangsta. Vol 05

Ba5kFsGl.jpg

I know last volume I mentioned there were a lot of death flags and I couldn't tell if they were going to be real or not.

This volume basically leaves me not sure who's alive or dead anymore. :|

It's amazing how quickly the plot started to escalate here.

I literally can't wait for you to read volume 6.

My feet fetishism is happy.

Zweizer

Banned
I get increasingly wary of the things you recommend me to embrace. :O

I'm still in conflict over Rachnee, but at least she shaves her eight legs.

Why~? I did suggest Monster Musume, didn't I~?

Rachnee is the best. Troll-ish personality and great design. Spider girls are generally the best~

Haikyuu!! 139

Yes they found a way to conquer Tendou (Tsukki of course) but dull Ushijima had to step in. Hopefully Tsukki can overcome this powerful foe too.

Also love how Tsukki had the bubble with Hinata in it.
CFDhMJAXIAACKoI.png:large

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Half & Half [END]

What in the actual fuck she was pregnant and you were going to let evil vengeful God kill her

bobohoro

Why~? I did suggest Monster Musume, didn't I~?

Rachnee is the best. Troll-ish personality and great design. Spider girls are generally the best~

I'm just afraid to fully embrace my dark side~!

And there are more spider girls? I was becoming a fan of her, but then came a small panel where she sat on the MC, pinning him to the bed and my anxious feelings towards spiders assaulting my face while I sleep returned.

Zweizer

Banned
I'm just afraid to fully embrace my dark side~!

And there are more spider girls? I was becoming a fan of her, but then came a small panel where she sat on the MC, pinning him to the bed and my anxious feelings towards spiders assaulting my face while I sleep returned.

Embrace it~ We have smut~ Delicious smut~

There's another great spider girl in Youkai Shoujo.
If all spiders became spider girls, would you be less anxious towards them? Thought so.

bobohoro

Embrace it~ We have smut~ Delicious smut~

There's another great spider girl in Youkai Shoujo.
If all spiders became spider girls, would you be less anxious towards them? Thought so.

Huh wait, I think you might actually be onto something with that. Why hasn't anyone suggested that method before?
Guess I know what to read next. Cure your arachnophobia, one monster girl at a time.

Oh and:

Monster Musume 22

Zombina-chan~ <3
Although Tio isn't so bad either.

rrc1594

The worst is that it doesn't even make sense for them to know she was pregnant, they knew each other for 7 days and had intercourse for the first time some 2 days ago!

I still can't over the fact he took her V-Card. Told her she should die, because she would be to hurt without him. LMAO

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still can't over the fact he took her V-Card. Told her she should die, because she would be to hurt without him. LMAO

Clarification: he took her V-card, banged her unprotected as many times as humanly possible in 2 days, knocked her up, THEN told her that she should die because obviously her life would be too painful without him. :lol

Guys, this is a Seo MASTERPIECE. The only thing that would have made it better is if right after the dude died, as the girl walks back to her house, she gets hit by a truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom