• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neo Takumi+Megumi is cute.

eG1ujR7.jpg

dani_dc

There's shading/toning that could make monochrome produce different "feels" of color. Hiramoto's Prison School give you good enough idea of what an author can do with monochrome. Also, why wouldn't the author just give both girl black hair? Is it the contrast you mention? If so, that's mean the author just relied on conventional tropes or the norm of the genre, hence lack of creativity. There are other way to make a character look contrast from each other like default facial expression, clothing, etc.

Well put.

While we're on the subject, are there any good Yuri series that break out of this ?

Nisekoi taking a bit longer this week... probably because of the color pages though.

Going by the last chapter, the shock of Marika dying is probably getting to the translators.

Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ 1-2
The setting is kind of crazy/stupid but charming
a pro MTG player's wet dream maybe ? :D
. Plus having the main girl pwning her love interest in a card game was kind of funny.
Plus it's from the author of Bonnouji, so I'll keep reading.

Aizo

Banned
My girlfriend and I like stuff like Girl Friends, Aoi Hana, Prism, etc. Can you give us recommendations? Personally, I'd prefer something that doesn't just end once the relationship has started, and doesn't tease out a relationship incredibly slowly—that's one thing that I liked about Prism. Long series are all right, but I'd prefer series that are finished.

Girls of the Wilds 190

LOL. These last 2 chapters have been excellent. Dal Dal and her upperclassmen are great together.

Soma 119

For some reason I thought Erina was #1 this entire time. Yeah, I dont think Soma is gonna go in order. I think he'll go after Yugi, then #2 and #1.

Zweizer

Banned
Well put.

While we're on the subject, are there any good Yuri series that break out of this ?

You mean yuri series that don't solely rely on the white hair - black hair contrast as far as appearances go?

• Comprehensive Tovarisch
  • Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!
  • Murciélago
  • Ayame 14
  • Honto no Kanojo

(As a side note, said "basic" contrasts are not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of good romance series do make use of them, intentionally or not.)

My girlfriend and I like stuff like Girl Friends, Aoi Hana, Prism, etc. Can you give us recommendations? Personally, I'd prefer something that doesn't just end once the relationship has started, and doesn't tease out a relationship incredibly slowly—that's one thing that I liked about Prism. Long series are all right, but I'd prefer series that are finished.

Here are the ones I could think of:

Completed:

• Ebisu-san to Hotei-san
  • Wife and Wife
  • Legally Married Yuri Couple

Ongoing:

• Kase-san
  • Their Story (Tamen De Gushi)
  • Stretch
  • Miss Sunflower
  • Fragtime

Lain

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It's only £16 on amazon and I trust Satoshi Kon enough to buy things simply because they have his name on. Do you know if Opus is good too? I've been eying that one for a while now!

No idea about the English edition, since I grabbed only the Italian edition for Opus, but it's good too. Then again I love everything Kon, so I'm somewhat biased.

Zweizer

Banned
Let me open it up. What are your favorite completed ones?

You mean, just my favorite completed yuri series?

• Husky and Medley (probably my all-time favorite)
  • Aoi Hana
  • YurixYuri Observation Diary (it's nice to sometimes have the author's perspective)
  • Sweet Guilty Love Bites
  • Wife and Wife

Aizo

Banned
You mean, just my favorite completed yuri series?

• Husky and Medley (probably my all-time favorite)
  • Aoi Hana
  • YurixYuri Observation Diary (it's nice to sometimes have the author's perspective)
  • Sweet Guilty Love Bites
  • Wife and Wife

I loved Husky and Medley.
What is the Japanese title of Wife and Wife?

Monster Musume 33

The people doing this series always seem to skip a chapter. I feel insulted. Well, guess it doesn't matter that much since this is so episodic.

Literal cowtits. I've read a lot of garbage but this is probably the first time I've seen milking!

Monster Musume 34

Well Mero always had the royal aura so this isn't surprising. More trips?

We missed you!

Soma 119

I knew he was #1. But I guess he's not a Nakiri. I didn't expect him to have that personality though. Sad that pretty much only him and Yu-Gi-Oh talked.

I wonder if this will become some kind of 1st years versus Elite 10 thing. And Erina still won't do anything because she is both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom