• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Attack on Titan 70
Time skip and they finally manage to close the damn hole and preparing themself to go to the basement. It seem haiired titan will be the final boss.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
AOT 70

Am I supposed to recognize the Monkey Titan's identity? Because I don't.

Also lol @ Mikasa's thirst being real.

Shouta

Prison School 179

Finally back to the festival, lol. Kiyoshi is all fucked in the head now. I gotta laugh at them using PBR too especially after what it went through...

GTO Paradise Lost:

Looks like they're going o break with the manga until Winter. Onizuka with his own talent agency should be interesting when it comes back, lol

Tokyo Ghoul:re 31.5

Prob my favorite chapter of ;re so far.

So Uta isn't with the clowns? Or he is and just doesn't know what they are planning?

Who is "hysy" is that just Haise? Or is it someone else? Hideyoshi?

SNK-70

Guess nobody reads it anymore, huh? Well in any case...Monkey Trouble Titan is confirmed a shifter and we see who he is at the end. next month it's time to go to the basement, for real!

Its surprising seeing the fall off of this series in here.

Seems some unfortunate shit happened quality wise

Wait, wasn't Uta the head of the clowns? I guess he means Aogiri?

So Uta isn't with the clowns? Or he is and just doesn't know what they are planning?

HySy ArtMask Studio

The name of the shop Uta had.

Zweizer

Banned
Its surprising seeing the fall off of this series in here.

Seems some unfortunate shit happened quality wise

Eh, it's not like it was particularily great before. Its major downfall was that it was trying too hard to be something it was not (ie: being a thoughtful manga) instead of focusing on fighting the titans.

Zweizer

Banned
Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch37

Oho, I wonder what'll happen next. Didn't expect this to be brought up.

Akito

Rough 1-119 (end) *Spoilers*

I guess baseball makes for a better story (or maybe I just like baseball manga more than other sports/these sports)? With Katsu and now Rough, still feel that that one tick wasn't there that really really makes it for me. Maybe it's because baseball series definitely get more indepth of the actual game and other sports we're kinda just treading (heh). Who knows.

Anyways, I was pretty dreadful about the last chunk of the series after the crash. Like I knew he'd come back and do better but if it didn't happen the way it did I probably would have felt a bit off about it. I also liked that other diving girl didn't linger too long and her romance part was over quickly and squared away. I did like the romance in this series (besides the small amount of her having to be with nakanishi). Only romance I didn't really like was H2s (with her actually being in a relationship with hideo with how much she was flirting with hiro, but it wasn't minded too much), so good track record for Adachi.

Also best bro ogata ;_;. Definitely stole the show in terms of side characters in Rough, was really sad to see him go. Other side characters never really did too much for me, they were serviceable but definitely not as cool as ogata.

Definitely enjoyed it even if I did have some worries near the end, glad to have enjoyed another one of adachi's works.
Adachi is clearly a baseball nut so it only makes sense that he would go way more in depth than with other sports. Still, I appreciate the slightly different spin on the established formula with both Rough and Katsu, especially since they were a rather short read in comparison. That ending tho, so open and conclusive at the same time, I liked it a lot.

Food Wars 121
CHAD_3GUIAAHyFC.jpg

Ugh this arc is going to make me hate this manga alot if the typical storytelling enables Soma to defeat Kuga. Kuga is too perfect. I just cant.Why is he now going after him and all, and if he makes it a dumb Shokugeki even to take his seat, bad storytelling to the extreme. Why cant the writer just make him have Taku as rival and keep it as that, even Kurokiba Ryou and Hayama at least, why Kuga have to be brought into this. All my characters meet bad fate these days, please dont pull a Kakyoin writers.

Tokyo Ghoul:Re 31.5

rrzrQdt.jpg

Man Kaneki looks pissed off. He's probably annoyed that Haise is screwing around.

It was a nice comfy chapter that was definitely needed after that bloodbath at the auction. It had some of the Qs playing some Wii-U and the other investigators just interacting together. It's revealed that Nishiki is working together with Touka, Yomo, and maybe Uta. The reveals were pretty nice with Haise finally getting his mask and his Book back which will help delve deeper into his past.

NYdGyhT.jpg

Every time I believe Touka can't get any more beautiful, she comes in and breaks my expectations.

Seriously though that Kaneki and Touka ship. Anyways it seems Touka is gonna keep on doing what she's decided to do all these years. Now onto Uta, like seriously he's one of the hardest character to understand in this series. What is his goal considering its shrouded in mystery. Is he a double agent, triple agent, or quadruple agent?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm skeptical you can just take someone's seat in a Shokugeki since its not really yours to give. I'm assuming you just remove the other person from the E10 and then people get on the E10 however they normally get on.

bobohoro

Natsu No Zenjitsu 2-12

Start was bumpy, them getting together felt kinda weird at first and the setting was only really established a couple of chapters later, which read kinda weird. But now it's a somewhat somber and enjoyable slice-of-life with unique and vivid art. I foresee major fuck-ups in the future though.

Angry Grimace

I don't know the look on Yukihira's face when Erina tells him about that dumb expulsion policy
KuGsj.gif
Just screams "totsuki plz"

But yeah, they could have added in that the policy existed to prevent the students who are super rich from just making all of their shit cost 1 yen or something so that they get a lot of hits.

Angry Grimace

Bleach

This is fucking boring. Wow, another set of minibosses. Fuck off Kubo

Gakkyu Hotei Ending

Well going the teacher killed the students routes fits in better with Tento characters than him being some hateful red ogre type, really nice conclusion.

Wish it lasted longer as the graduation pages made me tear up a bit seeing how we didnt get to spend six months with all or cast like Uozumi :( or Sarutobi and Inugami or our favorite undercover cop.

Best jump mystery series in years.

phaze

He could be just lying to him. It's not like he actually met Haise despite what he tells them.

Question: How is Historie from the Parasyte author ? Found the latter poor (anime at least) but I like historical stuff and I see it seems to be well regarded. Worth checking out ?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Mob Psycho

Yes! Yes!! YES!!! I love the recurring theme of normal people standing up to the incredible psychic bosses. Also, I'm constantly humbled by how the muscle building group of the series are not a bunch of assholes, rather they're the nicest dudes around.

Question: How is Historie from the Parasyte author ? Found the latter poor (anime at least) but I like historical stuff and I see it seems to be well regarded. Worth checking out ?

Historie is very good, but as a historical manga it can sometimes delve into "look at how much RESEARCH I did"

Angry Grimace

That's Soma's "I've made a huge mistake" face. When you think about it, Erina isn't really a tsundere. She's actually just an asshole. She isn't hiding feelings for Soma, she doesn't even know they exist.

Angry Grimace

Grimace is right...

He's not going to get expelled, so I don't know why they even bother bringing it up.

I'm hoping its just a joke to justify his "wat" face. I just think it would be a waste of potentially dozens of chapters to make it so he's not competitive with Yugioh. In fact, I think it would be a waste if he didn't win, at least at this point.

Its gonna be funny when Erina x Soma starts spreading as a rumor - you can tell it will since Soma brought up how often they talk here, and they showed a bunch of other students gossiping about it in the last chapter.

Lain

Historie is great. Why is it great? Because it has good flow, the main character is intelligent and charismatic, the events told center around some great historical characters and really, it's a great read. Everyone should give it a try, I highly recommend it.

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 121

Erina throwing cold water on Soma right at the end was great. They really do play off each other pretty well.

Zweizer

Banned
Hana to Alice ch8

Dat magic trick.

Hana to Alice ch8.1

The classmates are the real curse.

Hana to Alice ch8.2

Well, that's quite the change.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Attack on Titan

So apparently Crunchyroll made a mistake in their translation
The Ape Titan says that "Annie can be saved later", but they translated it as "You can save HIM later"
How the hell did THAT slip by?

Jenenser

Mahou Tsukai no Yome read up to chapter 19 today.

i am quite impressed, i gotta admit. i may or may have lost a manly tear. (but i was also high as a kite.)

interesting and emotionloaded story up until now. i would recomend. i really wanna know how this will go on.

btw, could u guys suggets some good seinen? already read 2 many :(
what ive read:

berserk
sanctuary
monster
onepunchman
parasite
dorohedoro
vagabond
sun-ken rock
terra formars
several horrormangas (all the ones from the artist wich made the holes-in-mountain manga)
and many , many, many more....

i am open to pretty much everything except sportsmanga. (only if they are written really good.)

thx in advance :)

Zweizer

Banned
Mahou Tsukai no Yome read up to chapter 19 today.

i am quite impressed, i gotta admit. i may or may have lost a manly tear. (but i was also high as a kite.)

interesting and emotionloaded story up until now. i would recomend. i really wanna know how this will go on.

btw, could u guys suggets some good seinen? already read 2 many :(
what ive read:

berserk
sanctuary
monster
onepunchman
parasite
dorohedoro
vagabond
sun-ken rock
terra formars
several horrormangas (all the ones from the artist wich made the holes-in-mountain manga)
and many , many, many more....

i am open to pretty much everything except sportsmanga. (only if they are written really good.)

thx in advance :)

Have you read the savior of manga, Prison School ?

You might be interested in Solanin, Goodnight Punpun and Boys on the Run as well.

Another good seinen I read recently is Saturn Apartments. As for a sports series, Kokou no Hito is pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom