• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revo

Law of Ueki Vol 1-2

I liked the idea of his power but not really digging anything else. Nothing else is clicking.

Revo

Law of Ueki v3-4

The little kid is such a huge waste of time. Like actually, the most useless thing in a series ever.

And Ueki's new guy is also pretty annoying.

upandaway

I'm feeling my presence fading away, will try to hang in there. Definitely going to read manga again during the 2nd semester

upandaway

Law of Ueki Vol 1-2

I liked the idea of his power but not really digging anything else. Nothing else is clicking.
The manga's strongest point is the crazy creative powers and the way they're used. Actually that applies for all Fukuchi manga

C1GzyFj.png

Such a joy to see him so enthusiastic about growing stronger.

Shame Kage tried to initially hinder it, but at least he's correcting himself after getting that stern talking to from his favorite senpai.

Bleach 614

Not surprising that Ichigo with his typical hard hardheadedness just caused the destruction of Soul Society. Expect a long winded backstory of how Yawach and the Soul King are connected.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I really need to catch up on Hero Academia. Fun series I started and then dropped while banned. I liked what I read, I just never remembered to finish it even though it was super short. Same story with Tokyo Ghoul, really.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bleach

Way to go translators, I'm sure Kenpachi made a rape reference there. Ugh.

LeleSocho

Banned
The moneky King's real face looks like something you would consider cute

Toriko 311

chapter ended on a cliff note.... I wonder whose heart that was and if that person is screwed
Edit: Actually I now know what it was.... Toriko saw the other dimensions

don't you see all the souls floating around except where Komatsu is.... there you see his heart
OH OOOOOH! yeah that makes sense, that's surely Komatsu's heart, good job TRT. Also yeah the new design is miles better than the old one.

I'd say kasane's performance is more impressive.

kasane had it easy because people evoked him with his emoticon.
kasane is a cheater.

Bleach

Way to go translators, I'm sure Kenpachi made a rape reference there. Ugh.

Yep i noticed that too, pretty shitty translation as expected by that site.

Angry Grimace

I think at this point the storyline of Nisekoi is just better than Bleach. At least there's only 6 characters in Nisekoi.

rrc1594

Only way for Kubo to redeem his self is for Aizen to kill everyone at the end of the manga. I'm at the point where I don't give a fuck about Ichigo anymore.

Kill Them ALL

Angry Grimace

There's no way for Kubo to redeem himself. The series sucks and obviously has very little direction other than "GUYZ HERES SOME FIGHTING." Bleach is straight up trash at this point.

I think at this point the storyline of Nisekoi is just better than Bleach. At least there's only 6 characters in Nisekoi.

Whoa that sounds pretty damning :/

Oh hey Persona 5 is real.

Of course it was. Atlus just needed to straddle its fans for a bit

reason why I dropped it

that and other reasons.... Onodera particularly

I also recently dropped FT after the last arc finished......

These were one of the BEST decisions I made

But yet you still read Toriko....

:p

Seriously though FT should have been dropped since that first timeskip bullshit but hey

There's no way for Kubo to redeem himself. The series sucks and obviously has very little direction other than "GUYZ HERES SOME FIGHTING." Bleach is straight up trash at this point.

I still believe Aizen could make it at least entertaining with his trolling :(

otherwise *vomits*

Turok_TTZ

why y'all reading it then?
I stopped reading it some time ago and never looked back.

Y'all be better off reading better series like Gintama or UQ Holder!.

rrc1594

I can't drop things I still read Freezing and that Manga is straight garbage

Last couple raws I read have been okay

why y'all reading it then?
I stopped reading it some time ago and never looked back.

Y'all be better off reading better series like Gintama or UQ Holder!.

That'll defeat the whole point of this thread then.

Read something weekly.

Complain about how it is the worst thing ever.

Come back next week to do the same.

Angry Grimace

There's another timeskip in FT and the guild got disbanded again? I for one, am shocked the same plot happened again.

One of the first shonen series I dropped was Hitman Reborn after they went to the future and then began fighting the silver haired guy in the city and then other dimensions and then more silver dude stuff...and then... Oh God was that terrible beyond belief

Bleach may occasionally have some okay chapters..... the only reason on why I didn't drop it yet is that I've read through even more terrible series so I currently can slug through Kubo's crap, plus the chapter are most of the time quick to get through

it is just that Kubo can't write/draw a good fight after the hollow arc if his life depended on it

There's another timeskip in FT and the guild got disbanded again? I for one, am shocked the same plot happened again.

If first you don't succeed, try and try again.

To be fair, this timeskip looks like they are giving an even bigger power boost to everyone (expect Lucy).

That'll defeat the whole point of this thread then.

Read something weekly.

Complain about how it is the worst thing ever.

Come back next week to do the same.

eh to be fair the new dedicated threads for particular series with that criteria tempered most of that though along with getting whatever positive/hugbox posts.

If first you don't succeed, try and try again.

To be fair, this timeskip looks like they are giving an even bigger power boost to everyone (expect Lucy).

LOL

So basically more friendship/asspull powers then, who's gonna be the new members when the guild is (more likely) reformed.

Looks like none of the 3 new manga's in Jump are going to live. E-Robot and Takujou are both sitting at the bottom and Gakkyuu Houtei already dropped to 10th place (out of 14) in it's second week.

rrc1594

Boku no Hero Academia 29

Izuku is everything I wanted in a MC

I want to do a full right up Boku no Hero Academia and where it can go. I'm wait till the Sport Festival Arc is over

LOL

So basically more friendship/asspull powers then, who's gonna be the new members when the guild is (more likely) reformed.

That's probably how they'll explain it. But it's definitely a lot larger than the first timeskip since the first instance was showing Natsu basically melting an arena.

Looks like none of the 3 new manga's in Jump are going to live. E-Robot and Takujou are both sitting at the bottom and Gakkyuu Houtei already dropped to 10th place (out of 14) in it's second week.

Shounen Jump Issue 11:
Kagami Gami (Cover, Lead CP, New Series)
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Haikyuu!!
Boku no Hero Academia (CP)
Gintama
Shokugeki no Souma
Hinomaru Zumou
Toriko
Nisekoi
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Karada Sagashi (CP, Special Chapter)
World Trigger
Gakkyuu Houtei
Bleach
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
Takujou no Ageha
E-Robot
Isobe Isobee Monogatari (CP)

One Piece (Absent)

Shounen Jump Issue 12:
Cover, Lead CP: Black Clover (New Series)
CP: Shokugeki no Souma, Hinomaru Zumou, Kagami Gami

Yep, everything new is dying. (again)

------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated but it looks like Hanagai's author is coming out with a new light novel. It's called:

Imouto Sae Irebaii or Little sister is all I need

lol

4 new series are coming for WSJ correct?

they're going to spread it out weekly or something

I wonder how many series are going to be canned this year compared to the last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom