• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
KNIM 159-189

Read up to this point last night before passing out. Really happy Haruto is back with his friends. Takeshi with his girl :lolololol. Pretty drama free right now, I like it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yume Nikki 3

QUbKd55.png

Yume nikki is fucking weird.

scy

Nisekoi 83 - Teacher would be too predictable. Then again, Ruri would be too predictable.

Smutterfly Effect 10 - Well duh.

Get with library girl.

Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata! 29

osvqNZll.png

Oh boy a confession. How progressive of the protag!

Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata! 30

Dat lightning strike.

I do like how the protag does feel bad about the confession.

Tadashii Kodomo no Tsukurikata! 31

GH95Oful.png

I expected a different reaction...

Akumu no Elevator (oneshot; full version)
genre: mystery, psychological, seinen

I initially read this about a year ago and was left baffled by something that seemed to suddenly fizzle out without a satisfactory resolution. Sorta suspected it, but it turns out that wasn't the full thing. The complete 150 page story was released a few weeks back. And it's now my favourite oneshot I've read, or at the very least tied for the top spot with Gin'iro no Kami no Arisa.

It begins with a cheating husband hurrying home to his heavily pregnant wife, only to become trapped in the elevator of his lover's apartment building with 3 strangers. After the group become resigned to their circumstances, they end up exchanging confessions of their deepest secrets. And, well, everything goes to shit from there.

As for why I enjoyed it so much, it was a combination of the subject matter (couldn't stop grinning at all the discussion about
how to get away with murder
), the black comedy, the twists and all the pieces falling into place at the end. I always prefer it when
it's the crazy female characters who
fuck everyone up. Overall, a very welcome read after all the rubbish I've been skimming/dropping recently.

Acid08

Banned
KNIM 219

Best friend is getting married but wants to fuck Haruto first hahahahaha. Y'all weren't joking about this abundant thirst.

Awww the ending was pretty touching though.

Hinatama 16

Aw the final day of the trip with the night conversation was good. Ill miss both of them when its over.

Beelzebub 1-10

Started off really slow, at one point was just reading for Furuichi/Oga stuff but then once the chapter 7 and such happened it felt like a really good series with tons of potential. His abilities is quite good and when the baby gets excited and dazed about it, I laugh. Looking forward to where it eventually leads.

Acid08

Banned
All caught up on KNIM now. The drama stopped quite a while ago so it has been pretty light and enjoyable for 60 or so chapters. I don't know how much longer it's supposed to go on but it's getting to a point where it feels like there could be an end in sight.

Eleuin

All caught up on KNIM now. The drama stopped quite a while ago so it has been pretty light and enjoyable for 60 or so chapters. I don't know how much longer I'd supposed to go on but it's getting to a point where it feels like there could be an end in sight.
charlton-heston-laughing-gif.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All caught up on KNIM now. The drama stopped quite a while ago so it has been pretty light and enjoyable for 60 or so chapters. I don't know how much longer it's supposed to go on but it's getting to a point where it feels like there could be an end in sight.

An end? My friend, that is the new source of rage. There is no end. It just got an anime so it's not ending any time soon. It'll just drag along, limping towards infinity. We're slouching towards Bethlehem at this point.

Aizo

Banned
The Town Where You Yell At Mentally Challenged Girls Vol. 1
0068_dbrc.gif

It begins. Haruto is an asshole, and I don't think it's okay to have a romantic relationship with a girl who is obviously mentally challenged.

Acid08

Banned
An end? My friend, that is the new source of rage. There is no end. It just got an anime so it's not ending any time soon. It'll just drag along, limping towards infinity. We're slouching towards Bethlehem at this point.
Well alright. I'll keep reading. I'll keep waiting for the next horrible thing to happen.

I'm surprised that it hasn't been licensed in the US yet.

bigkrev

Hinatama 16

I think something got lost in the translation- the running gag made little sense. Sad we are nearing the end of the series though :(

KNIM 1

So, hot chick moves into guys house, starts encroaching on his pursuit of another girl. Nothing offensive so far, it's pretty boring.

Nawa ga Nakutemo Daijoubu 2
tumblr_mq9hynsXXN1qbxqfpo1_500.png

After the interruption from Izuko's mom last chapter, I was dying to get some lower body action. Thankfully the chapter delivered on that. Hopefully the relationship can advance more, after seeing that there is some interest in that from Izuko having stayed the night and viewed the video, and we get even more action in that area.

Aizo

Banned
Hinatama 16

I think something got lost in the translation- the running gag made little sense. Sad we are nearing the end of the series though :(

KNIM 1

So, hot chick moves into guys house, starts encroaching on his pursuit of another girl. Nothing offensive so far, it's pretty boring.

Nothing offensive yet, but Haruto is surely a dick. Volume 2 spoiler
Did Haruto get hit in the crotch by a deer? That's fantastic.

Acid08

Banned
Nothing offensive yet, but Haruto is surely a dick. Volume 2 spoiler
Did Haruto get hit in the crotch by a deer? That's fantastic.
Haha yeah totally. Love that part.

Seriously guys for your sakes plz stop. It's weird, I hadn't been able to read anything else since starting it and now I feel like its taken over my mind. I've spent pretty much all of today rereading certain chapters re-living the feels. There is some tumultuous stuff. Also whoever said Rin was one of the best characters, I feelz ya now. She's great and always enjoyable.

I also watched the OVA's(crappy) and the first episode of the anime. The anime is weird, they skip a lot of the early story and just start at one of the big turning points.

And now we've got to wait a month for her to turn the poor guy down again.

I swear to god she better turn him down, if she doesn't just to interject some drama I will drop this manga.

I imagine she'll since we're nearing the ending of the series. I think this is the last chapter of volume 11 and volume 12 is the last one.

Aizo

Banned
Seriously guys for your sakes plz stop.

There's no going back now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Town Where People Interact Very Oddly Vol. 2-5
I thought Rin was going to be some psycho that acted completely unrealistically, but she's all right. I think I see where some of this is going. Haruto got shut down!! He's been less awful lately, though, so that's nice. I don't believe he'll continue to be a decent human being for too long. I don't have that sort of faith in THE HARUTO.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
KNIM 237

Weird, a new chapter releases on the same day I catch up!

One girl leaves, another enters. Welcome to the harem.

The thirst is strong with this one.

Mysterious Girlfriend X 78

That was pretty cute, I liked that smile near the end.

Aizo

Banned
I was intimidated when you said you would read 50 chapters today, Krev, and then I ended up reading over 50! What happened? Hahaha. You know there is only one way out our pact, right?

The Town Where You Misunderstand Vol. 6
Things sure did turn to shit for Haruto in one volume. Things seemed to be going well, too. Is this a harem manga? I thought it was a love triangle, but if it's a harem... my rage will be infinite.

bigkrev

I was intimidated when you said you would read 50 chapters today, Krev, and then I ended up reading over 50! What happened? Hahaha. You know there is only one way out our pact, right?

The Town Where You Misunderstand Vol. 6

Things sure did turn to shit for Haruto in one volume. Things seemed to be going well, too. Is this a harem manga? I thought it was a love triangle, but if it's a harem... my rage will be infinite.

I said 50! And then I decided to watch all the Are you Afraid of the Dark I could handle (which is A LOT) instead. I'll read a bunch of it tomorrow.

KNIM 3

Is this a school for high functioning autistics? That would explain so much.

Blood Lad Vol.01

h6iqx9Nl.jpg

So after watching the anime, I got interested in the manga and I like it.

It doesn't match up with the style the anime is doing but it is still enjoyable in its own right. Staz is a fun main character and it mixes fun moments along with nice action. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this series will go.

Kurita

Toriko vol.12

Man, the faces when they tasted the Century Soup :lol
The new arc is looking good, I'm always impressed by the crazy locations the author can come up with.

Countrouble 37 (END)

Surprisingly competent and sweet ending. Credit due to this series for turning itself from something I was apathetic about into something I enjoyed reading.

MGX 78

This is boring. Make it crash or something

Aizo

Banned
Tokyo Babylon Vol.1-7 (End)
That was surprisingly sad. Subaru is the nicest character ever. Now I can go back to reading X/1999.

Bokurano Ch. 30-45
So depressing, but so good.

Niseikoi Ch. 82-83
Well, nothing happened. At least there isn't stupid drama in this series. It's all lighthearted, so I can't hate it that much. I don't mind it as long as the lesser Onodera doesn't get many panels.

Welcome to the El-Palacio 30-31

Lame. If you're going to raise the stakes and mix things up like that, don't then wimp out and restore the status quo so quickly. Would've liked to see more of the inner workings of Heat, at the very least.

dumbyugi

Wandering Son END

So I guess this ended. I got bored of the series a while back so it's not suprising that I didn't care for the ending. It wasn't an awful ending or anything I just didn't really care about the characters anymore. I probably won't bother with anymore of the authors works, I find them to slow and they never seem to go anywhere. 6/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom