• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Orange Marmalade 1 - 93

Read this over the past few days. Vampire slowjo which was infuriating at times but actually got better. I honestly didn't see some of the twists/revelations coming. Seems like its at end game though so hopefully things don't drag out too long.

Waratte! Sotomura-san 32

zdujfLm.png

The many faces no one else will ever see.

Kasane 1
Another scouting mission on something that's caught my interest. The MC is the ugly daughter of a beautiful actress (deceased) and is, naturally, going through hell at school courtesy of her peers. Before her mother died, she gave her a tube of lipstick and told her that when she was suffering, to wear the lipstick and kiss whatever she desires. So when she longs to be beautiful and kisses one of her pretty tormentors with it, she sucks the beauty right out of her face!

It has all the ingredients for the kind of stuff I usually enjoy, and the manga's full description makes me hopeful that the MC's morality will be tested across the story. I'll be all over it once there're more chapters out.

Soma

With all the recent posts here, I feel like KNIM is starting to become how like School Days is for AnimeGAF

if only KNIM had a similar conclusion though...

Eleuin

Girls of the Wild's

I'd like to think that the weekly format does not allow the author to successfully advance the story quickly and so he has to do it in strides with filler in between.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, it is a Manwha after all.

Dresden

Kasane 1

Another scouting mission on something that's caught my interest. The MC is the ugly daughter of a beautiful actress (deceased) and is, naturally, going through hell at school courtesy of her peers. Before her mother died, she gave her a tube of lipstick and told her that when she was suffering, to wear the lipstick and kiss whatever she desires. So when she longs to be beautiful and kisses one of her pretty tormentors with it, she sucks the beauty right out of her face!

It has all the ingredients for the kind of stuff I usually enjoy, and the manga's full description makes me hopeful that the MC's morality will be tested across the story. I'll be all over it once there're more chapters out.

Hah, could be fun. Added to the list.

Theonik

Kasane 1

Sounds interesting. Will look at it when more chapters are added.

Acid08

Banned
You know, part of me thinks that it isn't quite as rage inducing when read all at once. I refuse to try though.
It was more devastatingly depressing for me reading it in ~3 days. At least until a certain point it was then everything became pretty good.

Omairi desu yo 6b

Second part of the Kenji and Yoshito chapter delivered good things this month. I kind of wish there was more and hope this isnt the end of the series as I want to see them do more. Kenji finally showing some feelings for him was worth it.

Beelzebub 11 - 21

Aoi has great sword skills and kind of a funny personality. Otherwise really has taken off after the slow start. I just wish we could move beyond delinquents for awhile as its starting to get a bit old especially with bland designs and there being little creativity between them.

Pool chapter with Furuichi was good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It was more devastatingly depressing for me reading it in ~3 days. At least until a certain point it was then everything became pretty good.

Well going from week to week it was absolutely painful, every week they just got dumber and dumber

bigkrev

A Town where everyone will be dead in 50 years because no one is ever having sex 4-15

Dropping. I just can't. I rather read some shitty Yuri than this.

Sword Art Online - Girls Ops 1

Fairly interesting in the post SAO world, kind of had wished the anime had at least had one episode on the characters interacting...will keep following and nice of Kirito to show up.

Articalys

Sket Dance 250-251

Switch On arc complete!
The series may have just finished up in Japan, but at the rate this group goes we'll probably get that part translated about a year from now.

Solune

Oh man oh man oh man @ Tsukihi's new hair. Solune post if you are ok.

Are we talking about Monogatari season 2? I haven't watched any new anime since SNAFU last season =(

I did however finally watch the first episode of Little Witch Academia today. It was really good.

Lain

Kasane 1

Damn you, always sucking me in with these awesome manga that have only a couple chapters translated!
The first two chapters were really interesting and I loved how Kasane catches up to the possible meanings behind the lipstick pretty quickly.
Now to wait for chapters!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tonari no Seki-kun 28

Holy shit, ascent on mount guy-who-sits-in-front-of-Seki killed me. Then he went to try again. :lol

I died. This is so good. I need more.

wonzo

Banned
Spotted Flower 0-8

I probably should've read/watched Genshiken before starting this but it's still pretty entertaining watching not-saki's dead sexlife thanks to her pregnancy with her otaku husband, not-madarame.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, I'm enjoying the battles. There really hasn't been that much beam spam other than the extreme magics. The kou empire seems to be more into cutting stuff up, teleporting attacks or blowing away dudes with wind.

I dunno, I'm enjoying the battles. There really hasn't been that much beam spam other than the extreme magics. The kou empire seems to be more into cutting stuff up, teleporting attacks or blowing away dudes with wind.

It's just been going on so damn long, and I never thought the battles were the interesting part of Magi, or even that good relative to other fighting series. I mean, we've totally left behind the characters and storylines this arc was about in the first place, and seem to be stuck in an eternal state of people popping off their ultimate magics one after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom