• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be harsh, but all too often I see people getting clothes or haircuts that just don't flatter them in the slightest because someone in a picture who is naturally attractive to begin with looks good in it
This. People see clothes and assume because they look good on a Photoshopped godsend model that they'll look good in them too. Its not being harsh, its being honest. I have till Friday to decide..

jesalr

Hey fashiongaf.

I'm off on holiday to Portugal in a few weeks, and am looking for some kicks to take with. It'll probably be hot as balls, so I don't want to take any of the shoes/trainers I have with me (all a bit heavy).
Basically, I just need a solid alternative to sandals, that'll do ok in the heat. I'm in the UK if that helps.

Cheers.

Basically, I just need a solid alternative to sandals, that'll do ok in the heat. I'm in the UK if that helps..
I'd suggest taking a pair of flip-flops/thongs. I know that Superga have a pretty fashionable line of them. Also,Havaianas are good. Everyone here loves them. I would pack a light, canvas alternative to just flip-flops though. You might decide to do something requiring closed shoes.

jesalr

I'd suggest taking a pair of flip-flops/thongs. I know that Superga have a pretty fashionable line of them. Also,Havaianas are good. Everyone here loves them. I would pack a light, canvas alternative to just flip-flops though. You might decide to do something requiring closed shoes.

Yeah, I was definitely thinking of something closed. Really just not a fan of feet, which is maybe why I like shoes so much.

IceCold

Hey fashiongaf.

I'm off on holiday to Portugal in a few weeks, and am looking for some kicks to take with. It'll probably be hot as balls, so I don't want to take any of the shoes/trainers I have with me (all a bit heavy).
Basically, I just need a solid alternative to sandals, that'll do ok in the heat. I'm in the UK if that helps.

Cheers.

Where are you going? Get comfortable walking shoes because you'll see a lot of

this:
whBPsqc.jpg

and this:

Do not bring flip-flops unless it's for the beach. Trust me.

jesalr

Where are you going? Get comfortable walking shoes because you'll see a lot of

this:

and this:

Do not bring flip-flops unless it's for the beach. Trust me.

Albufeira, but we'll travel. I've been to Portugal quite a few times though (we have a flat there), just been trying to find some sun worthy gear. I used to pack jeans and heavy trainers, which just wasn't ever wise. So I've been looking for some relatively stylish shorts and shoes to take and not overheat in.

IceCold

Albufeira, but we'll travel. I've been to Portugal quite a few times though (we have a flat there), just been trying to find some sun worthy gear. I used to pack jeans and heavy trainers, which just wasn't ever wise. So I've been looking for some relatively stylish shorts and shoes to take and not overheat in.

Alright then. I've been seeing a certain style of shoes a lot lately. Looks something like these:

or those Toms shoes.

I searched a bit and these don't seem too bad for the summer.

Alright then. I've been seeing a certain style of shoes a lot lately. Looks something like these:

or those Toms shoes.

Those Toms will probably fall apart in like a week. Check out Generic Surplus. Or better yet check out this hot stuff

10453501_2269132_500.jpg

kaskade

My jack purcells should be in tomorrow. Nothing crazy but I'm excited. I just hope they fit since I never actually tried them on. Went with the recommendation to size down a bit.

jesalr

or those Toms shoes.

Those Toms will probably fall apart in like a week. Check out Generic Surplus. Or better yet check out this hot stuff

10453501_2269132_500.jpg

Cheers. Definitely the sort of thing I was hoping for. Need to go hunting now.

overcast

So how full are your closets? Mine is slowly approaching huge. I go weeks without wearing good clothes because they get lost.

It does add a ton of new flavor though.

So how full are your closets? Mine is slowly approaching huge. I go weeks without wearing good clothes because they get lost.

It does add a ton of new flavor though.
Literally cannot fit anything more into my cupboards. When I buy things now they go into a cupboard in my sister's room.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I just moved into a new apartment and I have two spacious closets to myself, so I'm good on space. In my last apartment I literally couldn't fit anything else into my closets and had to store my out-of-season clothes in cardboard boxes. It was annoying as heck.

Visceir

Never really owned a closet or cupboard. I just got this one extra room that I dont use anyway and I got my clothes laying around all over the place there. I should prob buy one of those clothes hanging racks for cheap.

After searching in over ten stores in five cities for the Saint Laurent 15.5 cm skinny jeans, I've finally found them... on FarFetch. And for only $420, which is $70 off the retail price! I'm so happy. It's been such a long journey, but I've got them. Finally.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
After searching in over ten stores in five cities for the Saint Laurent 15.5 cm skinny jeans, I've finally found them... on FarFetch. And for only $420, which is $70 off the retail price! I'm so happy. It's been such a long journey, but I've got them. Finally.

Man, you must really like your pants. I don't think I've spent over $100 on any single pair of pants.

overcast

420! I'm not here to judge obviously. That is just incredible lol.

I get to layer up this week since I'll be in SF. Going to feel good to wear something besides shirts.

How do you all feel about 'silly shirts'? Usually I rock the button down or a polo but my little sister got me a shirt
24745549_010_b

Politics/Government is kinda my thing, I wore it today but I dunno. I like it personally, but I'm not a fratty dude or anything like that.

That undftd rocky collab was probably the most well made graphic tees I've ever seen. It's a shame that if I keep wearing them they'll eventually be worn out and gone forever.

I am considering buying this one, looks okay to me.

29005063_010_b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom