• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March 2014 is shaping to be an epic gaming month

In for FF X / X-2 HD Remaster, inFamous: Second Son, and maybe MGS V GZ.

FF X / X-2 HD has been one of my most-anticipated games since it was announced like two and a half years ago or whatever.

BBboy20

May not make up for the mistakes for the past, fate uncertain due to delays, unsure what it might want to be, may or not make up for the mistakes of a recent past, uncertanity in it's portable version, and it might suck.

So far, bets go to Second Son, Dark Souls 2, and BlazBlue.

Sioen

Dark souls 2 and infamous 2 for me. Wished ffx came to ps4 or xbox 360 since I have no option to play it now which sucks.

Second Son
MGS 5
MLB 14
UFC might be out then?
South Park
Diablo 3 RoS

Good thing I won't be paying full price on most of those.....

methane47

Titanfall - Why would I trust an infinity ward game to be good after modern warfare 2? That game was the Mario Kart of online shooters and that was before the whole infinity ward drama. I'm sure it'll sell and people will love it, though.

Infamous - might be okay, but the infamous series has never really been great. I guess I might pick it up for sub $20 when I get a ps4 in a year or so.

South Park - A paper mario style RPG from obsidian. Bought.

MGSV - doesn't look to retain the same stealth focus as other games in the series. gameplay is optimized around running and gunning, given their changes to the health system and literally every big new feature regards firefights. pass, and RIP AAA stealth games.

FFX - I thought the writing was brain numbingly dumb and there were only 3 characters in the whole party worth a shit when the game released. I doubt they've fixed that. Pass, even though I liked the battle mechanics.

Dark Souls 2 - Probably a good game, but I haven't really gotten into this series at all. Pass for now.

Diablo 3 - Still diablo 3. Pass.

Ninja Gaiden - after so many shit games why would I even consider buying from team ninja? Pass. Probably the hardest pass on the list.

Blazblue - I rarely play fighters so no buy. This series is supposedly pretty good though so I guess there's that? Pass, though.

So yeah, more of the same. Big selection of AAA "hype" games, and I think most suck. Only surefire buy is South Park, unless Obsidian suddenly starts making shitty games I'm safe there. February's better just because it's going to have donkey kong and bravely default.

debbie-downer.png

Atomski

Darksouls 2 maybe if I can find it at a good price.

I kinda want want Titan Fall but its published by EA.. which means I will either just not buy it or wait till its dirt cheap.

Dark Souls II
Reaper of Souls
Infamous: Second Son

Hope I can clear out my backlog by then... but who am I kidding. Gonna be good times.

Will pick up Infamous: Second Son, FFX and FFX-2 on Vita, and maybe Dark Souls 2 (wish it was on PS4). Will probably pick up Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls when it's cheaper on PS4.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Titanfall is a maybe. Infamous and MGS:GZ are day 1 no questions asked. Not sure about DSII, even though Demon's and Dark Souls are two of my favorite games last gen, something just didn't click with me when I played DSII's beta.

Derrick01

Banned
Titanfall - Why would I trust an infinity ward game to be good after modern warfare 2? That game was the Mario Kart of online shooters and that was before the whole infinity ward drama. I'm sure it'll sell and people will love it, though.

Infamous - might be okay, but the infamous series has never really been great. I guess I might pick it up for sub $20 when I get a ps4 in a year or so.

MGSV - doesn't look to retain the same stealth focus as other games in the series. gameplay is optimized around running and gunning, given their changes to the health system and literally every big new feature regards firefights. pass, and RIP AAA stealth games.

FFX - I thought the writing was brain numbingly dumb and there were only 3 characters in the whole party worth a shit when the game released. I doubt they've fixed that. Pass, even though I liked the battle mechanics.

Dark Souls 2 - Probably a good game, but I haven't really gotten into this series at all. Pass for now.

Ninja Gaiden - after so many shit games why would I even consider buying from team ninja? Pass. Probably the hardest pass on the list.

Blazblue - I rarely play fighters so no buy. This series is supposedly pretty good though so I guess there's that? Pass, though.

So yeah, more of the same. Big selection of AAA "hype" games, and I think most suck. Only surefire buy is South Park, unless Obsidian suddenly starts making shitty games I'm safe there. February's better just because it's going to have donkey kong and bravely default.

It's like I hacked your account and wrote this. I'm stunned at how much I was agreeing with it.

Bii

Titanfall, Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster and Diablo III: Reaper of Souls are already preordered.
I might dip into MGSV: Ground Zeroes and Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z.

I need to read more about South Park; seems like there's a lot of hype surrounding the game.

d1rtn4p

Wow...This list is just making next year look bitter... Stick of Truth is the only thing for me. Glad some of the more high-profile Kickstarter and Nintendo games are going to start releasing next year.

Special shout out to Infamous; playing as a beanie-wearing hipster would literally be close to my worst nightmare.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Ground Zeroes, Titanfall, RoS, Infamous, FFX for me. Yeah it's riddick. Dark Souls II I dunno about since I stopped at ornstein and smaugh in the first one and never got around to finishing it.

Zushin

Man, can't believe it's only 3ish months away from Dark Souls 2. I hope Wolfenstein releases around March too, but it'll be later most likely I reckon.

Bravely Deafult
Lightning Returns
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Danganronpa
Symphonia Chronicles
Layton: Azran

I think is all i'm buying...

These are my tastes in games though. The month is totally tailored to me.

Subtract Donkey Kong and Layton and add
One Piece Romance dawn
Fable Anniversary
Steinsgate
Toukiden

But hey, at least I will lose some weight from not being able to afford to eat!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I hate it when the video game marker becomes like this... How the fuck am I supposed to afford/play all of these?

Is MGS5 a full retail game ala 15+ hours?

Feindflug

I'm definitely getting Dark Souls 2 & South Park: SoT at day one and I'm kinda interested at Titanfall (if the 360 version is decent) and Ground Zeroes.

February looks like a good month too with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Lords of Shadow 2, Fable Anniversary, Lightning Returns & Earth Defense Force 2025.

Besides Dark Souls and Metal Gear (though I share similar worries, I'm too far in at this point as a fan), I agree 100%.

PerZona

Holy crap....I forgotten that all these games will be released in the same month.

Will be getting Ground Zeroes, inFamous, Titanfall (PC master race yeah!) and FFX/X-2 HD....shit...

Top Bottom