• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Margaret possibly confirmed for Persona 4 Arena Ultimax?

cj_iwakura

Better idea

P2-Hitler.jpg

Well... P2 spoilers:

Technically he is in, the Malevolent Entity - Nyarlathotep - Hitler.

Espada

Awesome, I was actually surprised that P4A didn't have playable Margaret despite her having a social link and personae like her sister.

I'm with Buddha0091 and SteelAlchemist in thinking that Yoshitsune will probably be the persona they pick for her. Isn't it the last one she defaults to when you fight her? Hassou Tobi spam like crazy.

NeonZ

I wish the demi-fiend was playable. I have no interest now, but him or serph would raise it dramatically.

Are you serious? They haven't even added any Persona 1 or 2 characters. There's no way they're going to add people from other Megaten series.

Thores

Well... P2 spoilers:

Technically he is in, the Malevolent Entity - Nyarlathotep - Hitler.

Once again, (P4A/P4AU spoilers)
Nyarlathotep's presence in Arena's story was fan speculation that turned out to be untrue: it's already been revealed that Sho Minazuki is the culprit at the end of A1's arc.

K.Sabot

Ya'll people need to stop bringing up P3 MC so we stop having to dance around the inevitable question as to why he actually isn't in yet.

Setsu00

Once again, (P4A/P4AU spoilers)
Nyarlathotep's presence in Arena's story was fan speculation that turned out to be untrue: it's already been revealed that Sho Minazuki is the culprit at the end of A1's arc.

Only partially true. (P4A/P4AU spoilers)
Sho is one of the TWO culprits. The eerie voice and the malevolent entity are separate characters, and most people assume that the Persona-less Sho is the eerie voice while the Sho with Tsukiyomi is the malevolent entity. About Nyarlathotep: There are more than enough reasons to assume that the Sho with a Persona is actually Nyarlathotep, namely is modus operandi and his heavy association with the moon.

FluxWaveZ

Only partially true. (P4A/P4AU spoilers)
Sho is one of the TWO culprits. The eerie voice and the malevolent entity are separate characters, and most people assume that the Persona-less Sho is the eerie voice while the Sho with Tsukiyomi is the malevolent entity. About Nyarlathotep: There are more than enough reasons to assume that the Sho with a Persona is actually Nyarlathotep, namely is modus operandi and his heavy association with the moon.

Related: There's this dude's voice in Japanese. I think a lot of people have come to the conclusion that Minazuki is actually not the ME, but I dunno what's going on at this point.

I'm with Buddha0091 and SteelAlchemist in thinking that Yoshitsune will probably be the persona they pick for her. Isn't it the last one she defaults to when you fight her? Hassou Tobi spam like crazy.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if she changed persona for different attacks, assuming they make her function like Elizabeth. If she only has Yoshitsune that'd mean she wouldn't have any access to elemental spells.

PK Gaming

I actually wouldn't be surprised if she changed persona for different attacks, assuming they make her function like Elizabeth. If she only has Yoshitsune that'd mean she wouldn't have any access to elemental spells.

Well technically, any Persona can learn any skill (and Yoshitsune naturally learns Ziodyne)

But yeah, I would prefer if she used a magically inclined Persona to cast spells, like Helel. Though I'm doubting the feasibility of her having multiple Personas.

Meia

Well technically, any Persona can learn skill (and Yoshitsune naturally learns Ziodyne)

But yeah, I would prefer if she used a magically inclined Persona to cast spells, like Helel. Though I'm doubting the feasibility of her having multiple Personas.

That's right, Yoshitsune is a zio user.

WE NEED MORE ZIO USERS IN THE GAME.

What's the character count in this game up to if this is true?

22 all told.

*Yu Narukami
*Yosuke Hanamura
*Chie Satonaka
*Yukiko Amagi
*Kanji Tatsumi
*Teddie
*Naoto Shirogane
*Akihiko Sanada
*Mitsuru Kirijo
*Aigis
*Labrys
*Elizabeth
*Shadow Labrys
*Junpei Iori
*Yukari Takeba
*Ken w/ Koromaru
*Rise Kujikawa
*Sho Minazuki
*SHO Minazuki
*Adachi
*Marie
*Margaret

Only the last 3 are DLC, with the first being given for free week one. So, 19 character roster without further purchases.

FluxWaveZ

What's the character count in this game up to if this is true?

22 total characters right now, with 9 being new to P4AU. That's not even counting the Shadow characters.

I'm not sure Margaret will have as much of a pivotal role in the story as Elizabeth, so I don't think her Persona will be as significant as something like Elizabeth acquiring Thanatos, along with the fact that
she was granted The Fool arcana.
Multiple Personas would be neat, but that also sounds like a lot of work they might not put into a single character. Man, it sucks to think that we might not hear more about her until next month.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
And some people still believe Ultimax is "just an update" and say it's not worth it after paying for Arena. SMH

FluxWaveZ

Are we expecting a rebalancing once the game drops in the west?

Well, the game's at 1.11 right now and I'm not sure we'll be getting another version before September 30. Balance is kind of at a weird point right now, though, especially with all of these console characters coming in. We'll see how things straighten out a while after it's released and people don't rely mostly on what they know due to the arcade format.

Squire

Banned
I hope they go with Helel. I think he fits with Marge better than Yoshitsune and we don't need another Zio-user, anyway. Like, really.

Top Bottom