• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marie playable in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Zomba13

Why does everyone hate her? I've not played Golden (because I didn't feel like sinking another 60 odd hours into a game I've already played enough of just for some new content). Is she really that bad?

ZeroX03

Banned
Why does everyone hate her? I've not played Golden (because I didn't feel like sinking another 60 odd hours into a game I've already played enough of just for some new content). Is she really that bad?

She's not that bad. But isn't too likeable either.

JimPanzer

I never said it was a good thing. But I really see no other reason for her inclusion in P4G and prevalence in post-P4G material.

I guess she'll take the role of margaret, Igor is too much of an icon to get rid of him.

she's the prototype on an emo-girl (do they still exist?), besides her really, really bad poems I like her though

Linkark07

Banned

shutupstupidyerkmarieisdabest...

To be honest, I didn't know people hated her. Perhaps people might dislike how Atlus is focusing so much on her, with appearing on Persona Q, making an anime focused on her, and now as a DLC character on this game.

She is a so-so extra character that got her own dungeon

Meia

The only real problem with her is how horribly misused she was in Golden. When we heard "New character" we figured new party member added into the storyline, not a new NPC locked in the Velvet Room that doesn't figure into the overall story at all really. Then her social link is members of the IT hamfisted into it just so they can know who the hell she even is...

Part of me is somewhat happy about this in that she may be used better......until I remember that it's DLC so I have to wonder if she's even going to be in the damn story at all. Overall, she SHOULD have a massive part in the story of this game, but who knows?

JimPanzer

Igor's Japanese VA died and Japan is really weird about characters and their voice actors.

oh, ok - damn, I really liked Igor.
Marie wouldn't suit his role at all though - it's the mystery which made Igor so interesting for me. with all the attention marie is getting now all of her mystery is gone.

OMG Aero

So has a European release even been mentioned for this game yet?
I know that this one is region free, but handling DLC with different regions on PS3 is kind of a hassle.

oh, ok - damn, I really liked Igor.
Marie wouldn't suit his role at all though - it's the mystery which made Igor so interesting for me. with all the attention marie is getting now all of her mystery is gone.

It is unfortunate and I don't believe Atlus have said anything about how they will handle the character for future games, every Persona game and animation released since his death has reused his recordings from the previous games.

I am shit stirring a bit by saying Marie will be Igor, but I am quite convinced she will be very heavily involved in his absence unless they continue to reuse his dialog.

Laconic

Banned
Just pushing her into everything so nobody says, "Wait, who the hell is she?" when she takes on her role as the new Igor in Persona 5.

She's Liz's sister. Think about that. Just go ahead and let that sink in. Contemplate it. Their parents must have been Adam and Eve... it's the only explanation for the genetic disparity.

zoobzone

It is unfortunate and I don't believe Atlus have said anything about how they will handle the character for future games, every Persona game and animation released since his death has reused his recordings from the previous games.

I am shit stirring a bit by saying Marie will be Igor, but I am quite convinced she will be very heavily involved in his absence unless they continue to reuse his dialog.

Marie does play a role in Persona Q, but someone else takes charge of the Velvet room.

Ban Puncher

So was Obvious Fanbase.

40ZRQy9.gif

Korigama

She's Liz's sister. Think about that. Just go ahead and let that sink in. Contemplate it. Their parents must have been Adam and Eve... it's the only explanation for the genetic disparity.
It really makes no sense when considering that there's an actual resemblance between Elizabeth, Margaret, and even Theodore as well.

EDIT: Unless it wasn't supposed to be the case of her actually being related to them...like I said, I never bothered with P4G.

Angry Guy

Kaguya's a fucking sweet persona and one of the few that actually has an aesthetic that lines up with the party personas since most of them are just recycled art from Nocturne anyway.

Now that she's in I'm honestly not sure who else they can add.

Except the P3 main character I guess?

Marie does play a role in Persona Q, but someone else takes charge of the Velvet room.

It just seems far too convenient that she was introduced at such a time and given such prevalence in latter media.

Another thought has crossed me and I wonder if Marie had the same sort of generally negative reaction from the Japanese audience as she did from the English speaking audience.

It just seems far too convenient that she was introduced at such a time and given such prevalence in latter media.

Another thought has crossed me and I wonder if Marie had the same sort of generally negative reaction from the Japanese audience as she did from the English speaking audience.

Japan loves Lightning, apparently. They can't be trusted.

Wynnebeck

Banned
You damn scrubs. Marie was your typical tsun-tsun trope and even though she never moved past that, I thought she was cute and I can't wait to play with her when it comes out. Chie is still my waifu though.

FluxWaveZ

It really makes no sense when considering that there's an actual resemblance between Elizabeth, Margaret, and even Theodore as well.

EDIT: Unless it wasn't supposed to be the case of her actually being related to them...like I said, I never bothered with P4G.

Marie is not one of the Velvet Room siblings.

Looks like Yu Namba's statement at EVO did indeed mean at least one more character. Wonder if this is the only DLC addition, or if they're rolling out more.

I didn't hate Marie, I guess, so I'm not too bothered about her inclusion. I just hope she's not part of the story, otherwise I fear it'll end up an incoherent mess of "Oh, and here's this character!" and nothing of substance.

If however, she isn't part of the story and is simply a playable character, then go nuts Atlus. Include everyone. Chidori, Revolver Jesus, Mitsuo and his Hero Shadow, Margaret, Tanaka and the fat kid in P3.

I'm fine with this, but I probably won't get her unless she looks amazing gameplay wise.

If it's paid DLC, you can go to hell Atlus/Arc System Works.

But I guess they're wanting to keep the DLC characters to things that make sense from a story perspective. Shinji would've been fucking awesome.

We both know it's going to be paid DLC.

muteki

I don't like her character design but personality wise is fine and I love the poems. Plus Kaguya is awesome so great.

ajim

not everyone hates her. The hate is overblown. She's fantastic and she has a small vocal fan base.

TheChaos0

Igor's Japanese VA died and Japan is really weird about characters and their voice actors.

Nameless should take over Igor in Persona 5. He can play the piano and fuse your Personas at the same time!

Actually I wonder, who's going to man the Velvet Room now...

todd360

I kinda like her. I love her character design. I hate her poems. I like what kind of character she has become in the true ending. I like the persona she is getting in arena 2.

please don't banish me personaGAF

It's fiiiiiiiiiine. Maybe they'll still add Dojima or something later down the line. Even if they don't, the non-DLC cast additions are good enough to justify Ultimax.

Top Bottom