• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marie playable in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.

Ehh, I could take her or leave her. I don't hate Marie, but I wouldn't pay money to be her. I'm fine with the current roster that comes with the game. If they suddenly announced Dojima though, I'd definitely buy him.

sub_o

Ehh, I could take her or leave her. I don't hate Marie, but I wouldn't pay money to be her. I'm fine with the current roster that comes with the game. If they suddenly announced Dojima though, I'd definitely buy him.

Nanako? Hmmm, I'd definitely buy her. She can summon Junes dept store.

not everyone hates her. The hate is overblown. She's fantastic and she has a small vocal fan base.

image.php

Banned
Fuck me, I Read this as Mario playable for a second and went "what 0_0?" Lol. What's with all the Marie hate?

Gbraga

"Marie playable in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax."

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

"As post-launch DLC."

oh.

I'd rather have the fox from the Hermit social link.

If they could mix Fox and Funky Student as one character, that would be pretty damn awesome.

Also, Dojima throwing Nanako as a projectile.

Atlus's Lightning.

But no really, I didn't hate Marie. Maybe it's because I don't mind the tsundere archetype, even if she was a pretty by the books one. Also to anyone bashing Rise, you will answer to me on the Day of Destruction. You have been warned.

Acosta

Hey, you!
How long are you going to wear that ugly mask?
You know you ain't got the guts for this task.

Cover yourself with paint
You're actin' like you aint'
Afraid of whatcha got in store for your fate

You think you got me? Well, that's too bad!
'Cuz I ain't stupid enough to get had!

So drop the pathetic act
I wanna dance and that's a fact
Now quit your gawkin' and start to react!

YEAH-YEAH! Now DANCE!

We love you Marie-chan, don't let the haters get you.

FluxWaveZ

Poem girl gets in and yet I'm still waiting for the Main P3 protagonist?

StupidAtlusIHateYouBigJerks...

One would think that they'd have switched the previous character reveal with this one if Marie were to be the last character reveal, for the hype factor, huh.

And I have zero problems with additional DLC to support the game post-release. The non-DLC cast is already fantastic.

"Hollow Forest Tsundere Poet"

It would be funny if it wasn't the single most accurate description of a one-note character ever. Not like most of the others were much better, being the Scooby Doo crew and all

Her design was ok at least. Well, except for that art where one leg would have to be a foot longer than the other in order to make sense

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
They never said this so

"P4U2's story is the last for P4U before P4D." -Atlus at a conference, IIRC

So unless they shove another pointless new character into the P4 saga, this is "meant" to be the last game to give a damn about in the fighting series unless they start doing dream-matches.

I don't doubt they'll milk this cow for all it's worth with new characters, because this is Arc System Works. If they can shove extranous characters like Jubei from Blazblue into future revisions, they will.

Not being Chie is one of the first things I look for in a woman.

FTFY.

Jinto

Marie is awesome. Second best P4G girl, after Naoto. Probably won't purchase the DLC, since I'm only interested in the story mode. The lobby feature seems kinda cool though.

FluxWaveZ

"P4U2's story is the last for P4U before P4D." -Atlus at a conference, IIRC

So unless they shove another pointless new character into the P4 saga, this is "meant" to be the last game to give a damn about in the fighting series unless they start doing dream-matches.

I don't doubt they'll milk this cow for all it's worth with new characters, because this is Arc System Works. If they can shove extranous characters like Jubei from Blazblue into future revisions, they will.

I follow everything Persona extremely closely and this is not what was said, at whatever conference you're referring to. Two things have been said in regards to the state P4AU will put the Arena series in: P4AU is the conclusion to the "P-1 Grand Prix saga" (with that specific wording) and P4AU is the "final battle" (implying the end to the P3 and P4 story arc that started with P4A). They have very specifically avoided ever saying that "P4AU will be the last game in the series", and that's obviously intentional.

The future of the P4A series is very hazy after P4AU (depending on how the story ends), but based on its critical and commercial success, it wouldn't be unlikely that there will be another game.

Prediction: The only reason she's a thing is Igor's Japanese VA died, and not only is in this but will be the Velvet Room attendant in 5.

Quite why it's her instead of Margaret and/or Theodore is beyond me.

Atlus's Lightning.

But no really, I didn't hate Marie.
Maybe it's because I don't mind the tsundere archetype, even if she was a pretty by the books one. Also to anyone bashing Rise, you will answer to me on the Day of Destruction. You have been warned.

But by being Atlus' Lightning, not hating her is always on borrowed time unless you like her. You will be forced to pick a side due to the methodology.

Tagyhag

The “Hollow Forest Tsundere Poet”, hah.

Anyways I didn't like Marie as well, her social link just wasn't interesting, but I can't deny her strength so it just makes sense to have her in the fighting game.

Plus, Kaguya is badass.

MrMagicNight

Neo Member
So has a European release even been mentioned for this game yet?
I know that this one is region free, but handling DLC with different regions on PS3 is kind of a hassle.
Nope. :( Also is getting DLC from from different regions hard? I have never tried it before.

Nope. :( Also is getting DLC from from different regions hard? I have never tried it before.

It's easy enough on a PS3, you just need to sign up for an NA account then download it using that.

If Marie ends up not getting a story mode, then I can see this opening the door for certain other characters who otherwise wouldn't fit in.

Maybe not, considering Adachi (and Terumi in BBCP).

Possibly, but we always knew that Adachi would have a role in the story anyway, whilst Marie hasn't featured in any trailers or screens yet and isn't part of the plot as far as we know, plus there isn't room for another story episode on the official website, not that that means much.

FluxWaveZ

Possibly, but we always knew that Adachi would have a role in the story anyway, whilst Marie hasn't featured in any trailers or screens yet and isn't part of the plot as far as we know, plus there isn't room for another story episode on the official website, not that that means much.

You're right about that, though I think there are a lot of things that have been hidden concerning P4AU's story up until now. Theodore appears in the story, for example, and we have no idea what his deal is, so it could be that Marie plays a crucial role in some of the things that haven't been revealed yet (and maybe won't be until players discover it for themselves).

We'll see, though I'd probably be fine if her role in the story wasn't huge, as long as she wasn't there to read poems and snap at people.

TWILT

Banned
They really want to keep pushing her, huh

Don't really care for her that much, but eh, nothing against her either.

Top Bottom