• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour DLC [3 packs, 2 x 18 holes ea., New Chars, Day 1, Season Pass]

Wow, they actually went ahead and remade the first two Mario Golf 64 courses.

And all the courses but the Galaxy course use a remix of the suitable Mario Golf 64 music. Pretty sure only the first two are actually remakes though.

Also, whoever decided to actually go with that green for the Yoshi hole is a dick. EDIT: In a good way.

watershed

Banned
Wow. You have missed out on some great moments in games.

By not paying for dlc? I don't feel like I've missed out on anything significant. I've played both Arkham games and never bought any of the dlc. I've never bought any Nintendo dlc yet. The closest I came to wanting to buy dlc was the Brotherhood of Steel dlc for Fallout 3, but in the end the content on the disc was enough for me.

rekameohs

Banned
By not paying for dlc? I don't feel like I've missed out on anything significant. I've played both Arkham games and never bought any of the dlc. I've never bought any Nintendo dlc yet. The closest I came to wanting to buy dlc was the Brotherhood of Steel dlc for Fallout 3, but in the end the content on the disc was enough for me.
With a Ghost Trick avatar, I get the impression that you've played the Ace Attorney series. The DLC case of AA5 is right up there with the best of the series.

rawktapus

The Pikmin 3 DLC was pretty great. Really great additions to the Mission mode, if you're into that. Actually, now I'm bummed that they seem to have stopped making those. :(

Salsa

itL53YyfnQ7Yw.gif

arguments are now invalid

watershed

Banned
With a Ghost Trick avatar, I get the impression that you've played the Ace Attorney series. The DLC case of AA5 is right up there with the best of the series.

Oh that may be true but I haven't finished the main game on AA5 yet. When the time comes I may purchase that dlc.

Wait a damn second, the first 4 courses so far appear to be remakes of Mario Golf 64 courses. Let me check the last two.

EDIT: Mountain course? Boo Valley. That's 5. I now believe that yes, these were done after development because it's feasible because they're remakes.

Balb

I haven't bought DLC on the 3DS yet. Is the DLC locked to one 3DS at a time or can it somehow be tied to the cartridge?

Kinsei

Banned
Nabbit looks awesome. So glad he is appearing in at least one spin-off. Make him a recurring character like Birdo Ninty!

I hope the DLC characters aren't automatically star characters and we actually have to beat them in match play on their respective DLC course (Toadette: Toad Highlands, Rosalina: Mario Star, Gold Mario: Koopa Park, and Nabbit could be either of the courses in his DLC pack).

I'm totally maining Kamek, Toadette, Birdo, and Nabbit.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That is some of the worst savings I've ever seen for a season pass.

care to explain? The core game is cheaper than it was, making the final price with the season pass little more than any other 3DS retail release, and it nearly doubles the number of holes. I fail to see how this is "some of the worst savings".

I think its funny some of the people in here who are hating on this dlc would have rather had all these dlc courses have been held back for a mario golf 3ds 2 released in 2 years and they'd have been happier paying another $30-40 for content they'll get now for $15 and it'll all be on the same game no need to switch between them to play on different courses

Is that a bad thing? I didn't play that one.

Did it have less cool course features like pipes and such because the system couldn't handle it?
It didn't really have that kinda stuff at all. It stuck to the basics and I would say that it excelled at that.

So if you haven't played the courses before then it's not a bad thing at all. For people who have played the courses before I imagine it will be a "How much did you like them?" sort of thing.

Lumyst

Selling DLC for Fire Emblem - fine
Selling DLC for Art Academy - fine
Selling DLC for NSMB2 - fine
Selling DLC for NSMBU (and in a retail form, too!) - fine
Selling DLC for Pikmin 3 -fine
Selling a pseudo-F2P game where you have to buy the whole thing to level up and can't even individually buy historical subs until you do - fine
Selling DLC for Wii Sports where you can either buy individual sports forever or rent a single sport for 24 hours - fine
Selling DLC for a F2P game where you have to haggle with a dog - eh, fine
Selling DLC for Mario Golf and announcing it beforehand with a discount bundle - NINTENDO HAS BEEN CORRUPTED BEYOND REDEMPTION

That reminds me, I'm STILL waiting for those Art Academy SketchPad lessons.

AaronB

I think it's largely a good sign, because I really want DLC for games like Mario Kart 8. We already know we're getting the full normal allotment of tracks, so we're not getting short-changed on the main game, but I would gladly pay for more tracks whether HD remakes or brand new.

My only nitpick is that I don't like day 1 DLC - it's better used to extend the life of the game. I'm fine with the amount of content and price point Nintendo has been offering on DLC, though.

kunonabi

I think it's largely a good sign, because I really want DLC for games like Mario Kart 8. We already know we're getting the full normal allotment of tracks, so we're not getting short-changed on the main game, but I would gladly pay for more tracks whether HD remakes or brand new.

My only nitpick is that I don't like day 1 DLC - it's better used to extend the life of the game. I'm fine with the amount of content and price point Nintendo has been offering on DLC, though.

yeah that's my main problem with it. They were very clear in the beginning that they were not going to go that route. It's the precedent this sets that bothers me because while it isn't bad value proposition for Mario Golf there is no guarantee about how future releases will pan out.

yeah that's my main problem with it. They were very clear in the beginning that they were not going to go that route. It's the precedent this sets that bothers me because while it isn't bad value proposition for Mario Golf there is no guarantee about how future releases will pan out.

The day the DLC comes out should have no bearing on its worth or quality. Just pretend it came out a few weeks later if you must

kunonabi

The day the DLC comes out should have no bearing on its worth or quality. Just pretend it came out a few weeks later if you must

Nope. I've had enough crappy experiences with day 1 dlc where I don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt in. Quality isn't the issue when I have to wonder about how that DLC came about.

Can you cite that? I remember Iwata mentioning he was against locking a core part of the game behind dlc (like with the story content in ME3 DLC), but not day 1 dlc.

Nope. I've had enough crappy experiences with day 1 dlc where I don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt in. Quality isn't the issue when I have to wonder about how that DLC came about.

Then don't wonder. It literally does not matter. All that matters is if A) the game is worth the price as is, and B) if the same applies to the DLC.

kunonabi

Can you cite that? I remember Iwata mentioning he was against locking a core part of the game behind dlc (like with the story content in ME3 DLC), but not day 1 dlc.

I'm not sure where the original statement was but i think one of the Iwata Asks had a developer mention how there were restrictions on when they could start on DLC. i'm thinking it was nsmbu but i'm not positive.

Top Bottom