• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

Kouriozan

Alright, joining the bob-omb battlefield tournament now.

pMpSyb0.jpg

Got some serious skillz

We all start somewhere, at least it's not double bogey :p

Kouriozan

Did 14 points in Peach's escape tournament, there was that one hole where normal shot would always make your ball go OB :lol

Edit : Peach is soooo easy to beat.
Only 2 more star characters left to get!

daydream

Banned
Thanks...sorry about that, I even read that post before playing the tournament but must have missed that question.

np, I specifically made that FAQ as a quick reference post, so that Robin doesn't have to type out how to join the GAF community two times per page. ;)

Kouriozan

Can't type, busy playing
and losing all the costume challenges GAWDAMMIT

You're not alone, I guess I'll keep my Shy Guy costume for a long while >.<
They really are super hard, just did the Cheep Cheep Lagoon one, goal 600 coins, my score 350!

Xater

They really are super hard, just did the Cheep Cheep Lagoon, goal 600 coins, my score 350!

I have to say that the coin challenges are my least favorite, together with collecting that big star coin. All the other challenges I really enjoy.

daydream

Banned
They really are super hard, just did the Cheep Cheep Lagoon one, goal 600 coins, my score 350!

Yeah, those are just grotesque.

I actually got the Shy Guy one as well. My experience with Slots mode hasn't been that much different from normal games, actually, so that one turned out to be pretty easy. Since I'm talking about Slots, what exactly do the Stars do? I lined up three of them once, but didn't notice any benefits?

Robin64

I guess every time a costume challenges pops, it's always the same? Like, goomba costume on Peach Garden's is always going to be collect 800 coins?

Stider

Just had a club slot challenge on Yoshi Lake, managed to get an eagle on the last hole which gave me the 5 points I needed to meet the minimum score :)

505zoom

I think my thumbs might fall off today if I don't take a break from this game. Knew I should have ordered a CPP when I got the XL for ALBW.

You get them automatically.
When you buy the DLC, they come with the star version, same with the unlockable characters.

I think a better way for them to do it for Toadette would have been to have to beat her as a mission on one of the DLC courses, rather than just giving it to you.

Not sure how they could have made a way to unlock Star Gold Mario.

Kouriozan

Phew, that Sky Island slot challenge was super hard.
I like this course but it's just too hard.

Anyway, just got Paratroopa so I'm glad :p
His stats are slightly better than Toadette so I found a new main for those star coins challenge.

Lettuce

Ok so i got a code to buy this game from the eShop so i should get the free GBC game, it says there should be a code on the receipt but i cant see it at all, any ideas?

NotLiquid

Ok so i got a code to buy this game from the eShop so i should get the free GBC game, it says there should be a code on the receipt but i cant see it at all, any ideas?

Check your account activity and look up the World Tour purchase, there should be a receipt button for it. Scroll all the way down and it should be listed there under "Mario Golf GBC" or something of the sort, at least that's how it was for me.

Robin64

NeoGAF EarlyBird has 6 hours left, so if you want a higher finishing position, now is the time to do it. Higher position = more coins! Once the ceremony has taken place, I'll begin the second round of combat.

Kouriozan

Waiting in the GAF community, ready for some matches!
Edit : looks like nobody is here, oh well, going to unlock the last secret character while lurking this thread if somebody want to play.

stolin

Gratz!
This is only the beginning though :p

I know.. just added name & FC to GAF sheet.. I'm also in ranking for all Gold Trophies in the online Mario Open Tournaments. Now for more Star Challenges, then America's & World Tournaments.. lots to play here.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Broke the top 10 of the GAF earlybird tourney! Will not attempt whatever black magic that got someone -26.

Top Bottom