• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

cube444

Just got a "Fire Mario Costume" for sinking 3 hole in 1s

Also just hit -20 in the Forest Course championship.

I'm currently showing a 260 yard range with my character. What's the highest possible number that anyone is currently at?

Velcro Fly

So pumped to have a 3 day weekend off of work to be able to play! Haven't had a chance to play the new DLC courses or any of this week's tourneys.

Anustart

Just got a "Fire Mario Costume" for sinking 3 hole in 1s

Also just hit -20 in the Forest Course championship.

I'm currently showing a 260 yard range with my character. What's the highest possible number that anyone is currently at?

I'm using a 273 yard set up in the speed tourney.

daydream

Banned
So, I'm curious what some of you guys' favourite courses are?

I really like all the Castle Club ones, they did a terrific job with those. I also enjoy Cheep Cheep Lagoon, Peach Gardens (I've come around on it) and Wiggler Park.

Yoshi Lake is alright, so are parts of Bowser's Castle. DK Jungle is probably my least favourite despite the music and all the barrel shenanigans. Has some real unfun holes.

The first two DLC courses are totally fine, as well. Perfect for some nice, clean golfin'. Haven't spent any serious time with the new ones (though I'm about to rectify that).

Anustart

So, I'm curious what some of you guys' favourite courses are?

I really like all the Castle Club ones, they did a terrific job with those. I also enjoy Cheep Cheep Lagoon, Peach Gardens (I've come around on it) and Wiggler Park.

Yoshi Lake is alright, so are parts of Bowser's Castle. DK Jungle is probably my least favourite despite the music and all the barrel shenanigans. Has some real unfun holes.

The first two DLC courses are totally fine, as well. Perfect for some nice, clean golfin'. Haven't spent any serious time with the new ones (though I'm about to rectify that).

Even though its Mario golf, I like the 3 club ones best by far. Out of the others I probably like Peach Gardens best.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Cheep Cheep Lagoon is my favorite of the 9 hole set. But I also love the Sky Island course. Of the 3 main 18 hole sets, I'd say the mountain course.

Anustart

Well, on the speed golf, I figured out a way to save a bunch of time, just need to pull a run off now. Saved 15 seconds on one hole alone. I'd say I should be able to get sub 4.

Edit: I forget which hole it is, but time can also be saved by shooting your ball in the water hazard.

cube444

I'm using a 273 yard set up in the speed tourney.

That's awesome. Guess I have to build up to that.

P.S. Just got a sweet hole in one on the second hole in Yoshi Lake stage. Back spin 2-3 yards beyond the cup and right in.

So brutal that the developers didn't allow for the option to save replays. Simply inexcusable.

Velcro Fly

Have an awesome front 9 on Sparkling Waters including a couple amazing chip ins for birdie/eagle

Then the back 9 is a fucking unmitigated disaster. I go +1 by missing everything. I love how sometimes you are barely in the rough and you can barely even hit the ball. Then other times you are in the rough so bad you are definitely not playing the hole how it was intended and it doesn't matter you have the biggest sweet spot in the world. This is with Star Yoshi who has a pretty good sweet spot anyway.

Tdog987

How do I play a normal round of golf with a random person/people.? I don't want a crazy course that has coins floating in the air (that's all that I seem to get)

Is there a section like this?

Anustart

Got my time down to 4:04.xx in the speed golf tourney. Still made an 11 second mistake on one hole and can pick up several seconds elsewhere.

#6 currently in Americas

Gurrry

fuck it, i havent played in like a week.. im getting on the gaf community if anyone wants to join!

edit: i waited for awhile, but no one came. i gotta charge my 3ds but ill be back on in about an hour

daydream

Banned
How do I play a normal round of golf with a random person/people.? I don't want a crazy course that has coins floating in the air (that's all that I seem to get)

Is there a section like this?

When you play online in Mario Golf > Vs., you join Communitys. Before joining, though, look at the top screen to see its particular ruleset. Just avoid those that have stuff like coins, items, etc. enabled. Should be most of them.

For clarification: Every course can have coins and stuff, it all depends on the ruleset.

I just noticed something when playing with you guys. If you slice a ball to the left of the sweetspot, your ball flies to the right. And vice versa.

It's the opposite for me. When I slice the ball to the left of the sweetspot, the ball flies left, and vice versa. Apparently, the properties of slicing the ball are different depending on whether you are left-handed or right-handed.

EDIT:
I disabled Mii's in that community because I'm characterist.

THEN GIVE US NABBIT!

Anustart

Just now shot a 3:52.31 in the Americas Speed Golf. 4th place. STILL had a glaring 11 second error on one hole and several other seconds. I can get sub 3:40 with a perfect round. I really wanna get in top 3 :/

Edit: Is one of you guys "K" on the leaderboard just below me? He's highlighted which probably means I've seen him before or I'm friends with him I'm guessing.

Edit: 3:49.xx just now.

I made the tourneys for the GAF Tour. They will last for 14 days.

Sky Island (AP:-18): 35 - 1457 - 1758 - 6568
Wiggler Park (AP: -11): 07 - 4775 - 33826 - 5759

14 days is pretty much because Mario Kart 8.

Top Bottom