• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Golf: World Tour |OT| Bring Cursing to the Fore with Mario and Friends!

jlevel13

Whoops! Typo... I'll fix my post above. The correct code is: 07-2799-7012-3083

Thanks! I had a go - a bit of a disaster on the middle holes, as like always, I forgot it was raining when I went to putt and came up short (twice in a row!). The last hole there is also a tough one. Will try to post a better score tomorrow.

cube444

Thanks! I had a go - a bit of a disaster on the middle holes, as like always, I forgot it was raining when I went to putt and came up short (twice in a row!). The last hole there is also a tough one. Will try to post a better score tomorrow.

Yep. Had a -8 going into the last hole and hit a double bogey.

Zing

Banned
I'm having trouble finding absolute confirmation on this: does this game only have a single save slot? (Similar to Mario Kart)

donny2112

I'm having trouble finding absolute confirmation on this: does this game only have a single save slot? (Similar to Mario Kart)

Correct. Just one. In the DL version, you can backup your save, start a new one, back that one up, and then restore the original to hack together "multiple" save slots. It's really only one save slot in the actual game, though.

Zing

Banned
Thanks. I have a new plan to go digital for any game with only a single slot. For 3DS, the main advantage of physical for me is to share a single cart with family. If there is only one save slot, this doesn't matter, so I'd rather have digital. As for the other drawbacks of digital, I guess I'll worry about that later.

jlevel13

Whoops! Typo... I'll fix my post above. The correct code is: 07-2799-7012-3083

Just snuck in my -8 with 30 minutes to go. That last hole was my only par (should have practiced it a bit, but didn't have time). Looks like it's going to be a three way tie...

Zing

Banned
I just bought and started playing this game. I had serious buyers remorse at first. The castle club seems like a carbon copy of the old GBA game. I think they literally copied the design from that game. It was a few holes into my first course that I thought I may put the game down and never come back. I stuck to it and by the back nine I had completely changed my mind.

An odd request, but I wish the game had a "save state" since the full 18 holes can take a while. Ay one point, I wanted to pause and play Animal Crossing with my friends for a bit. Maybe the next Nintendo handheld will have iOS style app suspension.

Velcro Fly

edit: nvm i'm dumb

love how i can have a perfect lie in the middle of the fairway and i get an almost nonexistent spot to get a perfect shot. like what the fuck my Mii is built for sweet spot/control and my middle of the fairway shot goes 10 feet because of this bullshit. i will never understand how the game decides when to fuck you over with stuff like that. i would have had a better meter sitting in the fucking bunker

cube444

Just shot a -20 in the Callaway Tournament 5. -22 was a possibility with a bit of luck. Don't think I'll top my score so I won't try this tourney again.

Velcro Fly

On the DLC stroke play hole #17 I drove to the green. The ball bounced, hit the lip of the cup, and then my topspin took over and it rocketed about 10 yards or more away. Definitely can hole in one that hole with that hole location.

cube444

Just shot a -22 in "World Tournament 8" which currently ranks me at #49. My only miss was a putt for birdie on a Par 3 which ended up a par for me.

Zing

Banned
I'd love to play with folks from here, but I find myself engulfed in Animal Crossing, NSMB2, and HarmoKnight. I also went back and tried Mario tennis Open again and it isn't as bad as I thought the last time I tried it.

Conezays

Yeah, I also quit playing this game for awhile due to attention going to other things.

I'll leave my 3DS on in the GAF community if anyone wants to play.

Daydream, rematch? :p

daydream

Banned
I think MK8 broke up our regular matches, understandably.

Also, I'm not really familiar with Rock-Candy Mines so this should be fun. :p

Zing

Banned
Ok, that is creepy. I am playing NMSBU for the first time in months and I discovered a new area called "Rock Candy Mines" just minutes before posting. Is this area in any other previous Mario games?

I'll jump in now if you guys haven't started. I'd have to figure out how to get to the "community".

daydream

Banned
Ok, that is creepy. I am playing NMSBU for the first time in months and I discovered a new area called "Rock Candy Mines" just minutes before posting. Is this area in any other previous Mario games?

I'll jump in now if you guys haven't started. I'd have to figure out how to get to the "community".

Click the FAQ banner in the OP. I features a tutorial on how to join the GAF community.

We should be back in the lobby soon.

Conezays

Man, those cliffs aren't treating you well, at all, haha. Just one hole left, hang in there. ;)

Edit: Ok, starting as soon as you join, Zing.

giphy.gif

Zing

Banned
Trying to join but uh… not sure where in castle club to enter the code. Haha. I've played in the online tournaments but never a custom community.

Conezays

Trying to join but uh… not sure where in castle club to enter the code. Haha. I've played in the online tournaments but never a custom community.

Try accessing through the Mario Golf mode then Vs. and enter the community code.

Edit: What daydreaming says.

daydream

Banned

It's in the FAQ, all the way up at the top. :p

Choice quote: "Go to 'Mario Golf' on the main menu, then 'Vs.' > 'Community Match'. Do a 'Code Search [...]."

Ok I'm here with daydream and Conezays. I found the instructions on gamefaqs of all places.

:|

Zing

Banned
Bah I blew it on the first hole when I did super topspin instead of backspin. Haha. Right into the bunker.

…and now I know what happens if you don't press the shoot button a second time. Right into the water.

Wow, super backspin is not something to play around with.

Again?

daydream

Banned
I'd be up for one more. Waiting in the lobby atm.

Also, probably wouldn't hurt to post the FAQ on a new page.

(click to access)

Edit: Zing? Coming?

Zing

Banned
I didn't see you in the lobby. Does the game just automatically start after a while? We are on the last hole now, thankfully. Haha.

I quit and re entered to see if that helped.

Still don't see daydream.

daydream

Banned
Nah, I just chose "Return to lobby", as usual. Did you guys pop back into the menu first?

Edit: Yeah, just joined again. Was waiting for you guys to finish up first before joining again. ;)

daydream

Banned
Alright, gonna move on to MK8. Thanks for the games, guys. Don't think I've ever done so well in the GAF lobby, haha. Let's do it again soon!

Zing

Banned
Why can you guys hit so much farther? I don't see any way to change equipment. I'll have to play around with this game more. I've only had one play session other than this. Good games. I'll be more competition next time. :)

daydream

Banned
Why can you guys hit so much farther? I don't see any way to change equipment. I'll have to play around with this game more. I've only had one play session other than this. Good games. I'll be more competition next time. :)

Well, I used Star Waluigi. Star characters get increased stats. You unlock them by beating them in a 1v1 duel (see FAQ; it's part of the Star Coin challenges).

Conezays was using his Mii, so he was using advanced gear. You unlock that naturally by playing more (and then buying it in the Castle Club shop). You can create any kind of golfer you like by trying out different outfits. It's basically a push & pull-dynamic between power and control. As far as I know, there's a cap on how good your golfer can get, there's no build that is straight-up broken like in Mario Tennis Open.

Zing

Banned
Thanks for the info. I knew you could customize the Mii, but I was wondering how Waluigi was so godly.

I just bought some new gear. I got 44th place in the previous tournament which awarded me 16000 coins, so I went on a shopping spree.

Zing

Banned
I just woke up, but I'm going to want to play this again today. I'll monitor the thread. Post whenever you are ready to play and hopefully I'll see it.

Top Bottom