• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

That feel when you roll a super horn right before a blue shell hits you

image.php

KaYotiX

Banned
Thank you! Jesus, who the fuck would add this in? Its so annoying. Can't even jump off surfboard truck and makes it almost impossible to go up walls as an option.

It's for kids....turn it off if u don't like it.

My 4 yr old can play this without falling off tracks and he loves it.

The fact you complain about more options is mind boggling

goldenpp72

200cc is unplayable.

I actually just finished 3 starring it entirely today, it's playable but a few tracks definitely feel pretty unfitting for it. 150cc feels slow after getting used to it though.

Pick a good handling and acceleration character and learn to tap the brake when drifting.

mStudios

10th place
Double Coins

👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

Firebrand

I just got into one game, and got the error . God damn it, 3 times in a row now

Usual suggestions are doing a hard reset of your Switch (hold power button ~10 sec), and make sure your wifi strength is okay (duh). Maybe try restarting your router.

You're always at the mercy other people's shitty wifi, but should be able to get into some races at least.

NimbusD

Just had an in person tournament with a bunch of people with switches.

The wireless play between switches sort of sucks. We kept getting random disconnects. So we wound up just doing online play all over the same wifi with each other, and it worked beautifully. Which is crazy because the wifi where we were actually really sucks.

Actually wifi online worked ven better because then we could use the two joycons plus pro controller for two players. I still don't see how that makes sense to be able to do it over WiFi but not a wireless connection between switches.

Firebrand

Just had an in person tournament with a bunch of people with switches.

The wireless play between switches sort of sucks. We kept getting random disconnects. So we wound up just doing online play all over the same wifi with each other, and it worked beautifully. Which is crazy because the wifi where we were actually really sucks.

Actually wifi online worked ven better because then we could use the two joycons plus pro controller for two players. I still don't see how that makes sense to be able to do it over WiFi but not a wireless connection between switches.

That's cool :) Must have been a ton of fun.

Btw if you hold down L+R and click the left stick on the title menu the Wireless Play will turn into LAN Play, I figure that should work with a wifi network as well.

NimbusD

That's cool :) Must have been a ton of fun.

Btw if you hold down L+R and click the left stick on the title menu the Wireless Play will turn into LAN Play, I figure that should work with a wifi network as well.
Whaaat, why is that hidden behind a cheat code? So that runs the connection through the router instead of directly through switches? Would have been good to know lol, thanks!

And yeah it was super cool. Felt like we were having a sleep over lol.

Menitta

Did they make any minor gameplay tweaks to this? I don't remember purple drifting being in MK8 Vanilla. This game feels better overall. I'm probably crazy.

Edit: also, even though I'm not playing now, feel free to add me. Once finals are done I'll be playing a bunch.

Switch Enemy code: SW-3295-7454-2029
Username: Menitta

ciD_Vain

Did they make any minor gameplay tweaks to this? I don't remember purple drifting being in MK8 Vanilla. This game feels better overall. I'm probably crazy.

Edit: also, even though I'm not playing now, feel free to add me. Once finals are done I'll be playing a bunch.

Switch Enemy code: SW-3295-7454-2029
Username: Menitta
Pink sparks are new. Double items as well.

69wpm

Lé Blade Runner;236651733 said:
Way too many communication errors recently. :/

Yeah, wanted to play yesterday and got like 3 of them in a short interval. Also: Weird lags are happening. I saw an invisible character with three green shells around him; one dude kept teleporting before me, very confusing.

Swapzism

Yeah, wanted to play yesterday and got like 3 of them in a short interval. Also: Weird lags are happening. I saw an invisible character with three green shells around him; one dude kept teleporting before me, very confusing.

I have seen teleporting, but the invisible character could have been a player who just used a Boo and received triple green shell.

mstevens

I cannot believe how many ways I've been fucked over in the Lightning cup 150 cc. I've been trying this all week and I've lost out on 3 stars every single way imaginable.

Blue shell right before the finish line of rainbow road or volcano? Several times.
Red shell eats my banana and then another red shell right before the finish line of rainbow road or volcano? Several times.
Have a banana ready at the finish line, ghost eats it, red shell. Check.
Coin only run on rainbow road? Check.

Knowing how close I've been dozens of times makes it so unbelievably demoralizing to hit the "try again" button.The special cup took 2-3 tries max, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Edit: Finally! I never want to see these tracks again (until mirror and 200 cc, because I'm masochistic)

I swear this 4 1st place in a row crap makes my heart pound like I'm fighting O&S for the first time again.

I love this game, love it, but for a game with such focus on multiplayer, the amount of connection errors I've received just isn't acceptable. This is both in online and local multiplayer. I can't tell if it's a hardware issue or a software issue, but Nintendo needs to fix it, especially with Splatoon and ARMS coming. If they honestly expect people to pay for this service later this year, it needs to be better than this.

The fact that I've had it happen so often in local makes it even worse, and it's not just me that is hit with the disconnects.

I love this game, love it, but for a game with such focus on multiplayer, the amount of connection errors I've received just isn't acceptable. This is both in online and local multiplayer. I can't tell if it's a hardware issue or a software issue, but Nintendo needs to fix it, especially with Splatoon and ARMS coming. If they honestly expect people to pay for this service later this year, it needs to be better than this.

The fact that I've had it happen so often in local makes it even worse, and it's not just me that is hit with the disconnects.

Unfortunately I agree. I haven't tried local yet, but quite a few online sessions soured on me just because of incessant disconnects and lags. If this is a taste of what's to come with ARMS and Splatoon I'm not impressed and will seriously reconsidering subscribing. In its current state it's frankly unacceptable.

Chiramii

Nice to see that they took the time to nerf fire hopping for the Deluxe version. Sucks for the people to mastered it but f*** that shit.

correojon

Unfortunately I agree. I haven't tried local yet, but quite a few online sessions soured on me just because of incessant disconnects and lags. If this is a taste of what's to come with ARMS and Splatoon I'm not impressed and will seriously reconsidering subscribing. In its current state it's frankly unacceptable.
I rarely had disconnect problems in vanilla MK8, but with this I'm getting an error (or 2 in a row) once every 40 minutes or so. It's not game breaking but it's annoying and surprising after how well the original and Splatoon work for me on WiiU, hope it'll get fixed with an update or something before ARMS hits.

Forkball

What is a good character and kart set up for me to try?
BIKES BABY

If you have no idea what to do, I recommend Mario in the standard Kart and wheels. From there, think about what you want more of. Are you going too slow? Is it too hard to stay on the track? Do you want more acceleration? Change what you want from there.

I've been using Inkling Girl with the Master Cycle and Triforce tires. It allows for fairly high speed with strong acceleration and handling. I tried Gold Mario with this set up, but I either place in the top three or bottom three. A lighter character gives me more consistency.

This game is almost perfect, I just miss the traditional last man standing 3 balloon battle mode. I don't understand why they wouldn't add it, it really shines in splitscreen with 4 people, you get some really exciting matches and final duels.

You think they will add more in DLC to make it more "deluxer"?

ColdPizza

Banned
Thank goodness for auto accelerate and auto steer. Daughter is on pro controller and I gave my son the joycons but he opted to eat a cereal bar instead.

lC6AxBF.png

Top Bottom