• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Ammogeddon

L is for auto steering and R is for auto acceleration

Excellent thank you. Good settings for kids. I have my niece and nephew coming over tomorrow, gonna make them join in a game, not that they'll need persuading.

The joy cons are really coming into their own with this game. I can have 3 players with my pro controller and splitting the joy cons, so cool.

Berordn

Huh. That's really strange.

We're basically back to how items used to work prior to 8, the only difference is that it doesn't require you to have an item active (circling or dragged behind you) before you can pick up another.

Double Dash was the only game that allowed you to swap since it had each character hold a different item.

Can now confirm the soft cap for coin unlocks is 3100 as opposed to 2700 in the Wii U version, just reached 3200 and it stopped giving me new kart parts. After that the next unlock, the golden glider is unlocked at 10000.

Darn, now I feel I need to get the wheel.

Do you think it's necessary for a child (or non-gamer) even with all the assist features on?

I'd say yes, especially if they're a non-gamer or very young. This way they'll be able to play and finish races instead of constantly running off the edges or the like. Would make it an easier experience.

I'm actually pretty happy they have these features in the game, since one of the reasons I liked the Switch's portability was for occasions just like this. Unfortunately I was helping move some old furniture, but it had kept him pretty occupied while his dad and I were busy.

The wheel to me was worth the investment. I got a lot of use out of it bringing it over to my cousins and he and I had a small table set up in front of his couch playing co-op. I feel the wheel is just easier on the hands instead of just cramping your hands around a single joy-con.

Top Bottom