• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

I just went on MK8 online for the first time this weekend and I had such a blast racing randoms. However, my Wii U broke while I was playing... I guess there was too much awesomeness going on for it to handle.

Anyway, beyond hyped for this DLC. Never been more hyped for DLC, actually.

Coolwhip

Banned
BwDAoI4IgAAMWui.jpg:large

shiiit

Nintendo finally using their IP in a good way. Badass.

This year, I got a free Game & Wario because I was a platinum member, lots of free indie games due to the Deluxe Digital Promotion, a free Pikmin 3 and now a 16 track DLC for Mario Kart 8 for US$ 11,99 (and I'll gladly buy it with the DDP credit I already have). Man, if this is how Nintendo treats it's consumers when it's "doomed", then I hope Nintendo keeps it's doomed status forever! ^_^

Wow, bought it instantly the minute it was available! What an awesome deal and I'm so hyped for this!

Also on a side note, I fucking love Nintendo's NFC payment system. Just putting my IC card on the gamepad for a second is bloody awesome!

ampere

This looks... awesome. I must have missed the announcements for the DLC because Link being added via DLC seems like brand new news.

Just wish Zelda were playable too! Alas. And they add the Blue Falcon but not Captain Falcon! What a tease.

16 new tracks is awesome. I'll probably go ahead and buy both packs. I'm glad the Zelda pack comes out sooner since that excites me more.

This looks... awesome. I must have missed the announcements for the DLC because Link being added via DLC seems like brand new news.

Just wish Zelda were playable too! Alas. And they add the Blue Falcon but not Captain Falcon! What a tease.

16 new tracks is awesome. I'll probably go ahead and buy both packs. I'm glad the Zelda pack comes out sooner since that excites me more.

Dude this game is perfect for SS Zelda, she'd fit right in.

SM239

VR is harder to gain now. They changed it.

Also, where have you been?

A combination of clearing out my backlog and working late. Now that I've cleared out some of my backlog and work is easing up I'll be able to get some much needed MK time.

Exentryk

A combination of clearing out my backlog and working late. Now that I've cleared out some of my backlog and work is easing up I'll be able to get some much needed MK time.

Good to hear. Need to get those crazy GAF lobbies going again :D

deleted

So with these 6 new characters we have a base to add another 6 characters on the right side of the selection screen - I'm hoping they won't stop at 2 DLC packs and up it to 4 during 2015.

Same thing with Smash please...

dralla

Not a fan of the new racers, more Mario/Peach/Bowser? No Zelda? Still no Diddy/Dixie? But this is a damn good deal and can't wait to check it out

Jofamo

Going out on a limb here, but now that we know Nintendo is open to adding outside franchises to Mario Kart 8, and also that they are adding Amiibo support to the title in an update somewhere down the line, what are the chances of the rest of the Smash cast being playable? Maybe not all, but the big ones such as Samus etc I can definitely see.

Chaos17

Not a fan of the new racers, more Mario/Peach/Bowser? No Zelda? Still no Diddy/Dixie? But this is a damn good deal and can't wait to check it out
Please don't become like the french players who think those DLC should've been free because they don't worth their price.

MADGAME

Sorry if off-topic, but I see comments in this thread so I'm asking the question.

If there were a full-blown non-Mario roster in Mario Kart, what would be the more appropriate name - Nintendo Kart or Smash Kart?

I tend to favor Nintendo Kart, as Smash is referring to a specific brawler beat em up game.

Maiar_m

Please don't become like the french players who think those DLC should've been free because they don't worth their price.

Wow there. There are asshats in every country. I'm a French gamer and I'd be happy to pay more for the content, and I'm far from alone, worry not. Don't go with gameblog.fr's crowd and you'll be fine.

Top Bottom