• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

So that tree top level is in the Animal Crossing pack. So not a Zelda level.

The official site shows a zelda cup with a triforce symbol, so possibly four zelda courses?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Zelda Tracks, you guys.

I can't process this.

I never thought I'd see the day. Holy fucking shit. And for so cheap a price. Nintendo lost its goddamn mind.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is this Nintendo's first foray into DLC for the WiiU? Seems like a very good value for the $, especially the combo pricing. Maybe other companies will take note and not have such horribly priced DLC/Season passes, who am I kidding?

They did DLC for NSMBU and Pikmin 3 both of which were priced reasonably but not as ridiculously enticing as MK8

I don't quite get why May for the second one. Seems like January would make more sense to cash it on people getting a WiiU/MK for the holidays.

They may need more time to finish those tracks. Otherwise, it's probably meant to help pad out their DLC release schedule in general. Even hardcore Nintendo gamers aren't going to want to buy DLC for 2 or 3 different games within the same month or 2. I imagine they have DLC plans for Smash and maybe other titles as well (possibly Hyrule Warriors).

Was fully expecting to drop $10 per pack...$12???

From now on this thread =
WEmug8n.gif

Can't wait for Smash DLC now! Ninty I
G4Kb0mu.gif

Skyzard

Banned
I'm buying them anyway but do we know if there are going to be 16 actual new tracks or 8 with mirrors? 16 would be shitloads.

OmegaFax

I'm never been this excited for DLC. They really want to keep this game fresh for another year and they're doing it in grand style.

Holy shit. Thats so much content and the price is fucking amazing.

Thank you Nintendo. I just wish pack 2 came out earlier. May is too long a wait :/

Revven

Ah ok thanks. Whst about the zelda cup, thats completely new?

The icon is completely new, yeah. But it's still the same amount of slots being used that were found on the disc a week or two ago. Only one of the cup icons found on the disc is being used which is the Yoshi egg. So... 4 tracks under the Triforce cup and 4 under the Yoshi egg cup for pack 1.

16 slots were reserved for DLC tracks. These two packs are being used to fill out those slots.

I still can't get over it being so cheap.

And I still can't get over how BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma dlc is all on the disc and is like over $137 to unlock all of them!

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
This pleases me. Getting both day 1.

Awesome shit. The extra colors for Shy Guys and Yoshis isn't really special but everything else is amazing. And hell they aren't even charging for the skins. Sign me up.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Just quoting from the previous thread

Symphonic said:
Individual pack was £7, so probably £13 for both.

That would fine by me since it seems like a proper expansions worth of content and I do love the game.

HoJu

so i guess they were going to announce this tonight anyways. not that big of a leak.

oh, and i did not expect that price. good job, nintendo.

Orayn

50% as many tracks as the base game for 20% of the base game's price.

Jesus Christ, Nintendo. Wonder how that compares to CoD or Battlefield DLC?

I like seeing companies make money because it lets them produce more stuff we want.

Was mainly a joke, but the more things Nintendo does to make people happy, the better. They have money, and it's their job to be as appealing as they can. Even if this doesn't make them "sick bank," it's a really great value that many would be blind to pass up on, and it could be the start of a beautiful thing. Nintendo charging $20 or more for more tracks and racers may come across as desperate or aping the value of the $60 product, but instead it comes across as generous.

AdanVC

DLC of the year. This doesn't even get a nomination, this goes directly to win DLC/AOC of the year. That price is insaaaaanely good! Well done, Nintendo! :D

$12 is a steal. A preorder for DLC that doesn't come out for over two months seems really silly though.

But if you preorder now you will get the Yoshi/Shy guy multiple color choices right now (or tomorrow when the preorder begins) so it makes sense :D

Top Bottom