• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC pricing confirmed ($7.99 each or $11.99 for both, 16 tracks)

Sayter

iY1Mei3zWCu5A.gif

In the form of a Blue Shell no less.

imgres

Kyo645

Banned
Is this Nintendo's first foray into DLC for the WiiU? Seems like a very good value for the $, especially the combo pricing. Maybe other companies will take note and not have such horribly priced DLC/Season passes, who am I kidding?

They slowly started doing it for pikmin 3 , super luigi bros U as dlc and the mario golf: world tour Season pass. This is a great bundle though and will be bought with my paycheck next week.

Yeah Im sure we will see that $12 season pass for assassins creed unity in the coming weeks
/s

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Reasonably priced DLC can exist! I kind of want to buy a wii u now...

Effect

I can't get over the price for both packs together. That's aggressive as hell! 8 new tracks per pack in addition to the other cars and characters could easily have been sold for more. Great job Nintendo.

I'm buying the bundle as soon as I get home from work tomorrow unless it goes live at midnight tonight.

Also keep in mind this doesn't stop them from doing this again after these packs. We only get one Mario Kart per system. This much content could easily be done again to inject new life into the game. Or they could start bundling this with new copies come holidays in the years to come to keep it selling.

vazel

Banned
I am sincerely astonished Nintendo is charging only $12 for all that content. Hopefully people start holding other publishers to these standards. Change starts with us.

ChrisD

Something that just occurred to me though... There was no Direct for this announcement. And this is a pretty big deal.

Either Nintendo are being a bit clueless by stealth releasing this info, or Nintendo Direct really is on hiatus with Iwata's health problems.

Interesting 3 of the leaked icons in the game's code aren't used in these DLC packs, perhaps they have plans to do a 3 and 4 pack as well?
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

Despite my lack of love for guest characters, I still want Captain Falcon (and more non-Mario/Peach/Bowser Marioland characters), so I'll hope for more.

Realistically, Nintendo could probably live off of Pokémon and Mario Kart DLC.

scurker

$12 for both? Holy crap. This is how DLC should be done folks.

It amazes me that with so many things that Nintendo does wrong, when they get it right they knock it out of the park.

Top Bottom