• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8: Excitebike Arena confirmed for 1st DLC

Very impressed with the way DLC has been handled for Mario Kart so far. No indication of anything ready to go at launch being held back, DLC developed post-release, pricing reasonable, and each pack adds value and extends the life of an "evergreen" title.

Hopefully Smash will receive the same treatment!

Platy

I may consider leaving the track layout a surprise. We will be getting it next month after all.

Still, just from the image they are still going all out with these DLC tracks.

EDIT: This was posted when there was only one pic in the OP.

but ... IT IS RANDOM ! =D

Leatherface

I can't get enough of this game guys. Most played Mario Kart ever for me. I'm so glad Nintendo is keeping this alive with DLC. All we need now is a proper battle mode and this will be the best Kart game of all time. :D

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
mandatory bikes, right? I can dig that.
traks feels so good, honestly, can't wait...now, what about the date?

Meh, it's been done.

jRAFWXD.gif

PSGames

Didn't expect something like this to be added. Pretty awesome. If they make an Fzero portion my head will asplode.

I can't get enough of this game guys. Most played Mario Kart ever for me. I'm so glad Nintendo is keeping this alive with DLC. All we need now is a proper battle mode and this will be the best Kart game of all time. :D

Full classic battle mode DLC would be amazing.

Robin64

Stands to reason that the Time Trial version won't be random, mind.

Love how my ten quid is getting me not just 16 new tracks, but 16 new tracks with entirely new assets. They could have easily recycled current stuff, but they're going above and beyond for that price point.

Azure J

Oh God this is going to be a blast. Glad I main Rosalina + the Sport Bike in this game even more. :D

Edit: Oh mannnnn it's like Baby Park too

thefro

The track layout being randomized is going to be pretty awesome. Will be very replayable, especially on the bikes.

JoeM86

Are the MK8 DLCs going to be free?

Joke post?

If not, then no.

There are two packs, each with:
3 characters
4 vehicles
2 cups/8 tracks

These are at $8 each, or you can buy both packs ahead of time in one bundle for $12 which also comes with 16 colour skins: 8 for Yoshi, 8 for Shy Guy

They had one like this as an unlockable in Excitebike 64.

Wasn't really a legit track more of a wacky test area with 1000 foot jumps.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The reason Baby Park is so great is it's small with fast laps and lots of item usage so the track ends up getting littered with hazards. This is too big to create that environment.

Rich!

I always wanted to play this. SNES-era Nintendo games are just too good.

Then play it.

Emulation of BS-X ROMs is generally accepted on GAF as the games were never commercially available and were only available for mere days before removal. I know the stance on BS Zelda is basically that anyhow.

Ansatz

Another DLC track without anti gravity parts. The thing is Excitebike is a childhood favorite of mine and I think the Yoshi track is one of the best flat ones in the entire series, so they are excused.

Nintendo in a nutshell for me, it's just impossible to feel disappointed even when things don't turn out the way I wished for.

Zing

Banned
Amazing. Simply amazing. I can't wait!

Why does it seem that NoE is always the one to advertise this stuff? Or is it just that people who link to these videos are in Europe?

Fuck Link and the villagers, this is the best part of the DLC.

Ice Climbers cut is forgiven if they include a modern Orange and White Man.

Rich!

What game is this?

Excitiebike for the BS Satellaview add on for the Super Famicom.

Games were downloaded from the satellite connection. They include this, kirby games, a remake of Zelda 1 and the sequel to Link to the Past, Sacred Stone Tablets. You can play them all via emulation.

BumRush

Joke post?

If not, then no.

There are two packs, each with:
3 characters
4 vehicles
2 cups/8 tracks

These are at $8 each, or you can buy both packs ahead of time in one bundle for $12 which also comes with 16 colour skins: 8 for Yoshi, 8 for Shy Guy

Haha definitely not a joke! I just ordered a WiiU yesterday...trying to catch up on things.

Top Bottom