• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8: Excitebike Arena confirmed for 1st DLC

HUELEN10

This is the ONLY reason I bought the DLC, and they NAILED IT!

Fuck Link, this is what it's all about; can't wait!

JoeM86

Another DLC track without anti gravity parts. The thing is Excitebike is a childhood favorite of mine and I think the Yoshi track is one of the best flat ones in the entire series, so they are excused.

Nintendo in a nutshell for me, it's just impossible to feel disappointed even when things don't turn out the way I wished for.

I'm sure the F-Zero track will have anti-gravity parts.

Jakoo

I wonder how they will enforce a bike only track in the UI, since you select your vehicle before your track. It will be a pain if you have to back out to the vehicle select screen every time you want to play this course, since none of my friends ever use bikes by default.

The prospect of an Excitebike track was what conclusively sold me on the DLC, though I worried it would be on the short and simple side while not being quite short enough to generate the chaos of Baby Park.

This is beyond my expectations. Between the layout randomization and the brilliant adaptation of the original game's extremely minimal title screen music, the only way this could be more evocative of Excitebike is if it came with a stage editor. I can't wait to see what they've done with F-Zero.

JoeM86

Haha definitely not a joke! I just ordered a WiiU yesterday...trying to catch up on things.

Ok. My apologies. Always hard to tell around here :p

But yeah, for $12 you get both packs plus skins and that equates to 6 characters, 8 vehicles and 16 tracks. Bargain really. These include characters and stages from other Nintendo franchises. Link, for example, is one of the 3 characters in pack 1.

Welcome to the Wii U club :)

Is the bundle/color skins only available before the first DLC releases?

Nothing has said that, so I'm assuming not.

Does anyone know what the size of the 1st DLC is likely to be?

Have a Basic Wii U with only just over 3GB of space.

Says it needs 1GB

HUELEN10

The only way they could've made this better was if they put in music from VS Excitebike or its World Rqlly remixes.

solomon

I keep forgetting I've already bought this, looks good.

Oh cool, looks like it actually changes.
10686939_720905137984223_2893487774186970272_n.jpg

Haha I was just thinking "Man I need to buy this dlc" but forgot I bought both the day they announced the dlc.

Chaos17

Didn't watch the video but is it bikes only? That would be weird.

It's because you don't know the origial game that the track was made of that you can't understand the power of nostalgia that people are having now in this thread.

Excitebike%20(2).jpg

AdanVC

This is... AWESOME! I can't watch the trailer cuz' I'm at work but those screenshots are just hnnnnnnnggh!!! It's Baby Park 2.0! Ahhhh I want to see the trailer to hear the new song! The only downside of all of this is... we still don't have a release date and this DLC is supposed to release in november wich is in just a few days. Can't freaking wait to see the F-Zero trackkk!

Lunar15

Time for that F-Zero track trailer.

Followed immediately with an announcement that there will be a new F-Zero game.

Neiteio

I wonder how they will enforce a bike only track in the UI, since you select your vehicle before your track. It will be a pain if you have to back out to the vehicle select screen every time you want to play this course, since none of my friends ever use bikes by default.
I'm sure you can use karts, too. Karts can do stunts just like the bikes can.

Kacho

No, first track announced was based on Yoshi "island" from gamecube

Wouldn't that be placed in the second tier tracks with all of the other returning classics? I'm talking about the first tier that has nothing but new tracks.

Not quite. The Yoshi's Island Doubel Dash remake is for the retro cup of the DLC. All of these other tracks so far are based off of Nintendo games- F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Excite Bike.

Yeah this. Probably explained better here.

No, first track announced was based on Yoshi "island" from gamecube

Not quite. The Yoshi's Island Doubel Dash remake is for the retro cup of the DLC. All of these other tracks so far are based off of Nintendo games- F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Excite Bike.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So the 4th kart you get with this is gonna be an 8-bit Excitebike....well, bike, right?

Also, this is the 2nd trailer for the 8 courses we're getting, Yoshi Circuit being about a week ago (5 days ago to be exact). Think we'll get the next one next week?

Top Bottom