• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

ciD_Vain

I was at a red light earlier today and the car in front of me had a sticker on it that said "Caution: Car armed with bananas!" The world is taunting me these last few days left...

Tabasco

Some are finding it at Sears. Unfortunately, my local Sears doesn't sell video games. :(
We've only had one person find it at Sears from what I can tell. The rest that tried said they failed.

Honestly, this prevented me from most likely wasting my time. I can wait until Friday.

So where exactly in the game is the music currently playing in the eShop from? Sounds credits worthy.
I think it's an original piece of music just made to sound Mario Kart-esque.

Also, for you LAers, GamePlay seems to be the way to go. Just reserved a game for tomorrow and they seem pretty confident they'll be getting it tomorrow. He said between 12-4 is when they should get it and they'll actually call everyone when they get it.

Whoa I'm getting famous thanks to Dinjooh :eek:

And a quick question, where in MKTV is the Youtube Upload feature? I couldn't find it :/

Every time you finish a race, the game ask you if you want to share the reel of the up to 65 seconds. It ask you to acces to your google account and miiverse to do so.

Blues1990

tSFDAz8.jpg

While waiting for the game, I'm trying my best to give Super Mario Kart a fair play, as it's my least favourite installment in the series. My opinion of it hasn't changed, unfortunately. I still think it sucks.

While waiting for the game, I'm trying my best to give Super Mario Kart a fair play, as it's my least favourite installment in the series. My opinion of it hasn't changed, unfortunately. I still think it sucks.
Did you grow up with the game, or did you play after it had been out for a while? It has a soft spot in my heart as it was one of my childhood games, but I don't think it has aged particularly well (especially if you're only playing single player).

Azuran

Banned

I tried doing the same, but I just can't play it. I want to like it so bad, but the game has age terribly. Turning in that game is so hard I don't know how people could stand it even back in the 90s.

What are the chances the servers will be running smoothly on Friday? I plan on unlocking some characters and stuff, but I think I'm going to have to dip into some MP pretty quickly.

Clockwork5

any impressions on how playable this is with the tablet controller vs. the wii U pro controller? i don't want to fork out $40 for the controller if i can get by with the tablet

Im sure it plays fine on the gamepad but the Wii U pro controller is the most comfortable controller i have ever held.

Blues1990

Did you grow up with the game, or did you play after it had been out for a while? It has a soft spot in my heart as it was one of my childhood games, but I don't think it has aged particularly well (especially if you're only playing single player).

Kind of? While I did play' Super Mario Kart' & 'Mario Kart 64', I didn't play either of them until I was 12 (back in 2000), as we got our Super Nintendo second-hand, and we had rented a Nintendo 64 from this rental store near our home. Even back then, I didn't think SMK was fun, and it wasn't until I had played 'Mario Kart: Double Dash' that the series started to click with me. I did like the music in Toad's Turnpike, which was beautifully remixed for 'Mario Kart 8'.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Finally found the time to add my NNID to the spreadsheet, I also got mario kart 8 preordered, see you guys friday :D

Kind of? While I did play' Super Mario Kart' & 'Mario Kart 64', I didn't play either of them until I was 12 (back in 2000), as we got our Super Nintendo second-hand, and we had rented a Nintendo 64 from this rental store near our home. Even back then, I didn't think SMK was fun, and it wasn't until I had played 'Mario Kart: Double Dash' that the series started to click with me. I did like the music in Toad's Turnpike, which was beautifully remixed for 'Mario Kart 8'.
That's interesting, as I'm pretty much the opposite of that. I loved SMK and MK64, but Double Dash was a disappointment for me. Still a great game, but something kind of seemed off about it to me. And, since MKWii was just kind of "meh", MK8 is the first console Mario Kart I've been really excited for in a while.

Roo

I seriously can't stop looking at Piranha Plant Slide
I really like that track which is funny considering I think its MK7 version is boring and forgettable.

Blues1990

That's interesting, as I'm pretty much the opposite of that. I loved SMK and MK64, but Double Dash was a disappointment for me. Still a great game, but something kind of seemed off about it to me. And, since MKWii was just kind of "meh", MK8 is the first console Mario Kart I've been really excited for in a while.

Well, I think we can both agree about Mario Kart Wii. The portable Mario Kart games were excellent, especially Mario Kart DS.

Well, I think we can both agree about Mario Kart Wii. The portable Mario Kart games were excellent, especially Mario Kart DS.
Mario Kart DS is amazing, but I also have a lot of love for Super Circuit. I remember when I found out the game included all the SNES courses, I lost my mind.

Mik2121

Can't wait for the game! I think I will just download tonight. So basically a bit over 9 hours away! Wooohhhhhh!
Hopefully I can play a bit before going to sleep.

I am sure the answer is No, but does MK8 by any chance have two player GP in it? It's been missing from most (all?) Mario Karts since the original, and was a great way of playing the game together in a non-competitive way.

Azuran

Banned
I am sure the answer is No, but does MK8 by any chance have two player GP in it? It's been missing from most (all?) Mario Karts since the original, and was a great way of playing the game together in a non-competitive way.

It does and you can even unlock stuff in it. Furthermore, you can even add AI racers when playing with 4 people.

three_muffins

Gold Member
Gamepad is good. Just keep the stand/plug nearby :p

I strongly recommend the Wii U GamePad High-Capacity Battery (2550mAh). I bought it at amazon for 26 euro and the gamepad now lasts around 8 hours without the need to recharge. Granted, that battery should have been used from the beginning, but for me it was worth the extra price.

clav

Play with Toad or Koopa Troopa.

Mario Kart DS is amazing, but I also have a lot of love for Super Circuit. I remember when I found out the game included all the SNES courses, I lost my mind.

I didn't know about the SNES courses until an year ago. Totally blew my mind.

moolamb

Has it been talked about before, how only having certain options in the chat lobby to choose from (rather than free text) means you can talk and understand people from all over the world?

Hell, all I do in Steel Diver Sub Wars chat lobby is say '4646' to the Japanese and various European greetings. It's a step up if I can say something better haha.

KHlover

Banned
Can Amazon.de please dispatch it now...if I don't get it on friday I will rage
Personally I'll give amazon time until ~2pm to confirm it has dispatched my game. If I don't get my confirmation email by then I'll simply get it from one of the many Saturns which already broke street date.

Personally I'll give amazon time until ~2pm to confirm it has dispatched my game. If I don't get my confirmation email by then I'll simply get it from one of the many Saturns which already broke street date.

Wait what? When did they broke it? I thought about going to Saturn yesterday to take a look but hadnt got any time...damn...

Top Bottom