• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

hwy_61

Banned
This game is definitely selling consoles because I just pre-ordered the Mario Kart 8 bundle.

And I sold my Wii U last year... big mistake.

welp, at least you're getting a good bundle to jump back in. You're gonna love the GBA games on VC. WarioWare is awesome.

I went to World 8 and they only have enough for people who preordered. Next-Gen Games says they'll post on their Facebook page as soon as they get it, which they expect to be today or tomorrow. So, I've just been reloading Next-Gen's page over and over.

I guess I'm desperate.

Heh, I hear you! I just got the same info from World 8, so I suppose I'll be furiously reloading Next-Gen's page as well. They've jacked up early release prices in the past, though, so I'm hoping they won't do that this time.

World 8 and GamePlay actually, but I always go with World 8 if I can because they're literally five minutes away from my apartment. I've had issues with Next-Gen in the past.

When did World 8 tell you they'd be getting it?
I preordered from World 8 last week because they're kinda close to me. I just moved downtown so it was my first experience with them. Just got off the phone with them and they still don't know when it's coming in over there.

Heh, I hear you! I just got the same info from World 8, so I suppose I'll be furiously reloading Next-Gen's page as well. They've jacked up early release prices in the past, though, so I'm hoping they won't do that this time.
Oh man, really? That would suck, because I'd probably pay it; haha, I guess that's why they can get away with that. The World 8 guys seems pretty chill, though, so I may pre-order with them in the future.

I preordered from World 8 last week because they're kinda close to me. I just moved downtown so it was my first experience with them. Just got off the phone with them and they still don't know when it's coming in over there.

Oh man, really? That would suck, because I'd probably pay it; haha, I guess that's why they can get away with that. The World 8 guys seems pretty chill, though, so I may pre-order with them in the future.

Yeah, World 8 is cool. They've never asked me to pre-order anything, though, so I didn't even know that was a thing there.

Sounds like GamePlay is getting it in tomorrow, though, and I do have a deposit down there, so it looks like I'm set for tomorrow unless Next-Gen gets it tonight! Karting heaven is so close I can taste it...

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Those who got it at sears, what did you say? Mine sells vidya and when I went to inquire about mk8, he said its not out yet :<

Tempted on driving to another one haha

Yeah, World 8 is cool. They've never asked me to pre-order anything, though, so I didn't even know that was a thing there.

Sounds like GamePlay is getting it in tomorrow, though, and I do have a deposit down there, so it looks like I'm set for tomorrow unless Next-Gen gets it tonight! Karting heaven is so close I can taste it...
Never heard of GamePlay, but I'll check 'em out. Hopefully I'll see you at Next-Gen later tonight. ;)

zroid

Banned
Can confirm this is a system seller ;) my first Nintendo console since the N64

image.php

Enjoy it, man!

hwy_61

Banned
So I asked this in the Club Nintendo thread, but I think I'll get an answer faster here:

I have my Wii U linked to CN already, but when I bought a Wii U GBA game, it didn't appear on my todo list. Can you not register Virtual Console games on CN? Thanks duders.

w0rm

Neo Member
Those who got it at sears, what did you say? Mine sells vidya and when I went to inquire about mk8, he said its not out yet :<

I saw one copy in their locked games case and asked the cashier to purchase it. Dude grabbed it from the case and rang it up.

clav

So I asked this in the Club Nintendo thread, but I think I'll get an answer faster here:

I have my Wii U linked to CN already, but when I bought a Wii U GBA game, it didn't appear on my todo list. Can you not register Virtual Console games on CN? Thanks duders.

Give it one week.

Background downloading is supported. If you start a download and shut the system down, it will turn on low power sleep mode and continue the download until finished.

did not think this was a thing o_O gottah try this

might have to wait a few days to be sure let me log in and see if I have VC GBA games waiting

yup Golden Sun is sitting right there waiting to be registered too lazy to do questions right now

No luck at Sears or any other local store, hopefully one of them caves and puts it out tomorrow! Regardless, with the midnight release there's only really two days left to wait so I think I can mange..I hope.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
did not think this was a thing o_O gottah try this

With a download active, just turn the system off. After about 15 seconds the amber light should come on (and if a hard drive is connected, it'll spin up). It's using the same network sleep function that checks spotpass every few hours when the system is off.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I saw one copy in their locked games case and asked the cashier to purchase it. Dude grabbed it from the case and rang it up.

Lame, I didn't see it behind the case ;_;

I called their stock looker uppers and they told me they were privvy to a "rumor" that some stores are selling it early, damn.

Really? With all the games you buy from the eShop, you didn't know about this?

nope with my insomnia I just watch the numbers and post on gaf lol
and play at 3-4am when done

I never knew I could let it run turning the power off, I knew I could let it download and play another game tho

but I always like to pause and resume to speed things up

With a download active, just turn the system off. After about 15 seconds the amber light should come on (and if a hard drive is connected, it'll spin up). It's using the same sleep network function that checks spotpass every few hours when the system is off.

maybe I'll finally be tempted to get some sleep while I download

I have not seen 20GB games lately those took 8-12 hours

low-G

I didn't get it and Sears said the same, but they do have it in stock. Lousy bastards. They just lost a sale.

Shahadan

Thank god for the impossibility of gifting digital games on nintendo platforms. I'm so drunk I would have bought at least 2 copies for people.
That said, I hope some of you will get the game tomorrow. We need to do some sort of GAF tournament.

Dmax3901

Thank god for the impossibility of gifting digital games on nintendo platforms. I'm so drunk I would have bought at least 2 copies for people.
That said, I hope some of you will get the game tomorrow. We need to do some sort of GAF tournament.

Does your generosity apply to Steam? ;)

B00TE

Welp, I'm probably gonna poke around a few Sears stores tomorrow. I don't think the ones near here would have it, but it's worth a look. So damned hype for Friday regardless.

any impressions on how playable this is with the tablet controller vs. the wii U pro controller? i don't want to fork out $40 for the controller if i can get by with the tablet

hwy_61

Banned
any impressions on how playable this is with the tablet controller vs. the wii U pro controller? i don't want to fork out $40 for the controller if i can get by with the tablet

The thing the pro controller has over the gamepad is battery life. I mean, you're talking 10s of hours on the pro controller vs the gamepad's 5 hours.

Shahadan

Size and comfort aside those two things are really similar regardless of the game. Except if you have to use + and - buttons maybe. Gamepad is good. Just keep the stand/plug nearby :p

No offence, but I really dislike it when people call it a tablet or tablet controller. Call me a pedant, or nit-picky, but...it's a controller with a touchscreen.

prag16

Banned
I asked this a couple times here already with no responses, but I'll try one more time now that a shit ton of people have the game...

MK Wii had some stat tracking for online and offline ay in the license section. Any equivalent of that here? I know they got rid of the license concept, but regardless, any stat tracking like that in 8?

Shahadan

I asked this a couple times here already with no responses, but I'll try one more time now that a shit ton of people have the game...

MK Wii had some stat tracking for online and offline ay in the license section. Any equivalent of that here? I know they got rid of the license concept, but regardless, any stat tracking like that in 8?

Nothing. Just game modes and MKTV. No Settings or Profile option. Maybe stats are kept somewhere else on the console but I doubt it.

JLeack

Banned
It's amazing how the world completely metamorphosizes when you invest in new hardware. I can't stop looking at gosh darn Wii U games. Why couldn't this game just suck so I can be bored all Summer?

Top Bottom