• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 releasing in May 2014!

So DKC in Feb, MK8 in May and no dates for Smash, Bayo 2 or X ?...

So glad I also have a PS4, for those people who only own a WiiU... I feel for you :-'(.

Mlatador

Banned
People shouting "drought". Remember, this was said during a "financial meeting", not a Nintendo Direct. I'm glad they even mentioned it there.

Good to know a date.

16.jpg

Boxart.

i honestly wouldnt be surprised if nintendo is sitting on some unannounced games for this year i mean nintendo published 13 wii u games in 2013 they must have more than just the 5 games thay have announced for 2014 right :(

DJIzana

I have a feeling this will be the only game I'll be getting after March... that is, unless Watch Dogs or something else will get a solid release date or announced for then.

Day 1. The game from Nintendo that I was most impressed when revealed!!

Between Feb and May I will have time to catch up on all the games I have missed. W101, Pikmin 3, Deus Ex HR, NFSMWU, AC 4, Lego Marvel, Splinter Cell, Rayman Legends, CoD Ghosts. Nahh, will not be able to catch up, so much work, but thank god for that!!!

Anyone seriously think Smash is a 2014 game? Development began less than 2 years ago for a project that probably takes a good 3+ years.

I've been saying since it was announced that Mid-2015 (or maybe Q1 next March) is a much more reasonable because a 2-year development cycle just didn't make sense. They had to delay Brawl, which didn't have the HD or a 3DS game in the works. Trying to polish, balance, and perfect that game is probably going to take months once it is "completed."
Brawl was delayed because sse and the late inclusion of sonic

ssb4 doesn't have a sse like mode just a melee ish adventure mode

Jeels

I really like the Boxart.

I don't know if I can justify a console purchase for just this game. My sweet spot is this game bundled in at $200. My time is very limited now and there's no reason to buy a console for just two games (Kart and Smash). I don't see myself purchasing anything else so this needs to be what I consider an easy purchase.

I guess I'm the only one who thought May is actually a nice surprise that isn't that far away.
I don't know why some people were expecting it in March

Kyzon

After the genius that is MK 7 I am hyped for this.

I thought this would be coming out in May.

Bday present to myself :3

Anth0ny

Yay, a release date! Almost. Great box art too.

so between Donkey Kong in February and Mario Kart 8 in May... nothing. LOL

This pretty much proves they never had any intention of releasing Tropical Freeze last year. They would have had basically nothing until May. I was happy with being a Wii only gamer for the first two years of last gen because it had excellent third party support even if most of it was ignored by gamers, but the Wii U will have some absolutely brutal. I might have to splurge on a PS4 earlier than I wanted to.

Yay, a release date! Almost. Great box art too.

so between Donkey Kong in February and Mario Kart 8 in May... nothing. LOL
Now imagine if fuckin' Donky Kong had actually released in November, as they originally planned. That would be, what 5-6 months between core games? It's pretty apparent why Donkey Kong was delayed. I fully expect the remaining 2014 games to be spaced months apart, with some going into 2015.

Anyone seriously think Smash is a 2014 game? Development began less than 2 years ago for a project that probably takes a good 3+ years.

I've been saying since it was announced that Mid-2015 (or maybe Q1 next March) is a much more reasonable because a 2-year development cycle just didn't make sense. They had to delay Brawl, which didn't have the HD or a 3DS game in the works. Trying to polish, balance, and perfect that game is probably going to take months once it is "completed."
What do you think Nintendo will have for this Fall then? They obviously need to have something big for the holiday season.

What's your source for when development began?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I haven't downloaded any retail Wii U games yet, cause I only want to download games I'll be playing for the lifespan of the system. Downloading em just to be able to always access them conveniently. I know Smash Bros is gonna be one, but I'm still torn on Mario Kart. It's probably the second-most likely for me, but it depends on how engaging its online systems are I suppose, and if I think friends will keep playing it. I don't want to ever have to get an external hard drive, though, so I gotta be picky with what I download! Smash Bros is gonna be like 40 gigs just to spite me I bet.

Top Bottom