• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 releasing in May 2014!

Roo

Not much to play on the PS4 yet.

Play games on 360 or PS3

or play some older Wii U games like

Resident Evil Revelations
Deus Ex
Monster Hunters
Pikmin 3
Splinter Cell
Assassin's Creed 4
Zombi U (if you haven't played it)
Rayman
for example

I'm definitely getting one of these in the meantime.
Probably Pikmin 3 and AC4

EhoaVash

oofff theres gonna be a drought lol
I can kinda see nintendo releasing something like hyrule warriors inbetween kart and tropical freeze drought..that game probably doesn't need more time or anything ..since it's just fucking dynasty warriors with zelda skin

anyway, I'm still waiting on pikmin 3 price drop :(/ my brother wants luigi u/NSMB U even though I detest 2D mario games so there won't be much of a drought for me tbh.

also guys got to remember nintendo likes to slip in releases randomly like that 3DS yoshi game date they released out of nowhere

Roo

oofff theres gonna be a drought lol
I can kinda see nintendo releasing something like hyrule warriors inbetween kart and tropical freeze drought..that game probably doesn't need more time or anything ..since it's just fucking dynasty warriors with zelda skin

Hyrule Warriors is a summer title tho...

Timmy00

Sweet, definitely picking it. :D I already have plenty of games to play on my Wii-U for now and plenty of backlog stuff on my ps3 so I hardly have a drought. :p

Nintendo published games in 2013

Game & Wario
Lego City Undercover
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
Super Mario 3D World
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
The Wonderful 101
Wii Fit U (digital version)
Wii Party U
NES Remix
Pokemon Rumble U
Wii Sports Club

Nintendo Published games 2014

Bayonetta 2
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bros for Wii U
X
Dr Luigi

Games without release dates or years

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem
Yarn Yoshi

Hopefully Nintendo has some unannounced titles for 2014 or this might be a bad year....

EulaCapra

I remember 2008's one-two-three punch of Smash, Wii Fit, and MKWii over the spring and then one of the stupidest long droughts Wii experienced.

Same games this year, but 80% less interest from the general public!

GamerJM

Banned
Game looks great. I thought MK7 was good but I didn't really get into it, due to having a bunch of games on my plate and being kinda tired of MK after playing DS and Wii a bunch. Hyped for this though.

Also, I think Smash will probably come out in November, though 2015 is certainly possible. I feel like Nintendo's either going to have Smash or a new Pokemon game this Holiday season, one or the other.

Also, guys, a three month drought really isn't that bad by Nintendo standards. There's one like, every year. I'll be playing FFX HD Collection and working on my 3DS backlog in between DKC and MK.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Mario Kart 7 was a great game (my second most played 3DS game) but it did feel a bit rushed and bare bones. I'm glad despite Wii U sales they are not apparently rushing this version out.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Very. This presentation was already officially translated so it's 100% confirmed news anyway.
Ok, so he got the info from the presentation that's cool.

Get it out in Europe for my birthday Ninty! Gonna throw a MK party at home wooooo!

69wpm

Can't wait for Mario Kart. A worldwide release should be standard these days with big titles like this.

Also: Why would Nintendo announce their full release schedule during an investors meeting? Wait for the Nintendo Direct before you go all "lol draught".

Sioen

Can't wait, however another drought of 3 months on the wii u? Never ever buy a wii u without owning another console.

Unless I'm mistaken there has been no Nintendo Direct at all this month (except Korea but eeeh) and the last one was from December 18th 2013. If you look at the recent calendar of NDs it's a very unusual occurrence.

Hopefully they will provide new concrete info on MK8 soon because we know absolutely nothing about its game modes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
16.jpg

Boxart.

For the first time since the DS version we have colour in the sky!

McLovin

Finally, a real heavy hitter. This game will truly show what the real state of the Wii U is. If Ninyendo is smart they will blow their budgets marketing this game.

teeny

For the first time since the DS version we have colour in the sky!

Only because the sky is actually the ground :p

Can't wait for this. Shame it doesn't come out earlier, I've already been hinting to my other half for my birthday anticipating a March/April release.

Jethro

To create huge momentum, we would like to ensure that the release of titles such as “Mario Kart 8” is not a one-off event.

So which Titles come out before and after Mario Kart in a relative short period?

Zalman

Consider it preordered.

So which Titles come out before and after Mario Kart in a relative short period?
If anything, I expect Bayonetta 2 to be a summer title. They will probably announce something new soon too. We haven't had a Direct for a while.

NeonZ

Wikipedia says March 2012. Not sure how accurate but Nintendo is traditionally very slow about development of anything, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Well, when the partnership with Namco was announced (June 2012), they supposedly already had a working and playable prototype put together.

Currently, the prototype prepared by Namco Bandai Games and Namco Bandai Studios' special team looks pretty good, and it's working great. In order to take advantage of the fact that there will be versions for two different systems, and to maximize and offer fun new gameplay elements, the entire team is going to work hard together.

Heyt

Banned
Nice to see they are providing WiiU with a continuous stream of games like they promised. Who can conplain about droughts now?

Every single WiiU owner, it seems.

Jethro

If anything, I expect Bayonetta 2 to be a summer title. They will probably announce something new soon too. We haven't had a Direct for a while.

The last Direct was over a month ago, so that is not too far away. But I need my gaming fix and game announcements :/. The next Direct can't come soon enough.

Porcile

Well, I suppose if we're going to have massive droughts again (takes me back to EU Gamecube days) then the few products they release better be polished to a ridiculously high caliber with as much development time as possible. There's no single software saving Wii U now, they just need to make sure it's a wild ride from here on out!

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The reason I bought a Wii U!! Can't wait for this! Might be the game that gets my kids off their smart phones for some local multiplayer action.

Dumb question. The non-Mario Kart 8 release things the tweet mentions, are those related to Mario Kart 8 at all? Its just I don't see having the Mario Kart DS/7 bottom screen and horn button as an exciting use of the Gamepad.

The May 2014 date should be worldwide given trends set by prior entries.

It is a shame they missed March 10th for Mar10 in a Sonic Twosday bad pun but there are better reasons to release a game 2 months early.

How is that in any way logical.

It's a high-profile Nintendo game being developed by Sakurai. I would wager that the game won't be ready until September at the earliest. Nintendo is probably targeting a November release at this point, for the holiday boost. And considering the development of Brawl and Uprising, a delay into 2015 is not out of the question.

Magnus

Wii U library is more full of riches than I have time to get to. I'm happy.

SM3DW still needs more time from me. Zelda WWHD, W101, Pikmim 3 and MH3 haven't even been touched yet. And DKCTF and this are around the corner!

Top Bottom