• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart | Community Thread | *Insert Profanities Here*

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My KartGAF player ranking:

0) ffdgh (when completely serious)
1) Exentryk
2) Justice
3) ffdgh (normally)
4) Roo
4) Merrick
6) Azure J
6) Enforced
8) Coaster
9) PreyingShark

Joke Tier) IntelliHeath

FIFY! I'm only playing the games to screw over people just for fun so yeah, I'm joke tier player.

Enforced

My current playtime.
CQh72F8VEAAHRah.jpg
Almost there.

Enforced

Thanks!

Here's mine.... :-X

This just made me think of your guys' family photo of fighting.... should I create a new one? Hmmm.
Nice. I think you started playing with us when the second DLC came out, right?
As for the family photo, wait until Mario kart 9 comes out.
I given up hope for more MK8 DLC. :'(

Here's Mario kart 7 playtime.
MK7 is my second most played on my 3DS. Resident evil revelations took the top. It is 120 hours because of the raid mode. It's pretty addicting.

Roo

Actually, I first signed up for NeoGAF during around first DLC release, got a code from a friend then, finally became a member about a month before second DLC.
Say it, you had so much fun reading our comments you couldn't resist the temptation to join GAF :3

#halfserious

Roo

Here's Saturday night's races from my end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFaNF_Kx0KQ

A couple highlights:

49:02 - One of my best steals
1:01:28 - I'll just cut across the grass here and take seco... well, shit.
1:32:17 - I get put in a...difficult...situation by Roo and his star.

I have Friday night's as well, but since I'm not the only person to have recorded them, not sure if anyone is interested in those?

ATV? Hot Monster wheels? lookin for some challenges offline?
Ryq9oxq.gif

Here's Mario kart 7 playtime.

MK7 is my second most played on my 3DS. Resident evil revelations took the top. It is 120 hours because of the raid mode. It's pretty addicting.
Damn, that's a lot of playtime on that game! I only have 650-ish. Damn, you beat me hard bro!

Enforced

Say it, you had so much fun reading our comments you couldn't resist the temptation to join GAF :3

#halfserious
Haha

Lé Blade Runner;180748882 said:
I have a measly 84 hours played... I am such a newbie. :D
I remember I have that playtime last year. I was a newbie who wanted to beat roo so badly and still do today. Now look where I am right now. D:
Ihavenolife

Damn, that's a lot of playtime on that game! I only have 650-ish. Damn, you beat me hard bro!
Oh you. :p
I've been starting streetpassing again. I hate when people don't have the puzzle pieces. :mad:

Actual KartGAF Player Tier List (Order within tier does not matter):

S) Justice, Enforced, ffdgh
A) Roo, Merrick
B) Andy, Shark
C) Exentryk, Azure J, some others I'm forgetting
D) "The crew" feat. Heath
E) The new guy at the time

A and S will be the ones who will be bitching about how they got fucked over by a blue shell a lot, C and below will be the ones revealing that they were the ones who threw the Blue (Except Azure because he never gets jack shit), and B will be the ones going ":3" as they steal 1st.

Of course these lists aren't really that serious

Bitanator

I can't take a picture of my Mario Kart 7 playtime but here is what my activity log says

Play Time - 1030:49
Time Played - 1,675
Average Play Time - 0:36
First Played - 1/26/2012
Last Played - 10/5/2015

I have played this game nearly every day since I got it. Some days for like 5 hours. Mario Kart DS was my go to for a late night fix before I passed out and Mario Kart 7 is continuing that trend. When I get a Wii U, I'm sure Mario Kart 8 will be that game.

I love Mario Kart.

Exentryk

Not sure if I have MK7. Was there only one Mario Kart on the 3DS? I have one still wrapped up. Never opened it :s

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Oh, we're going to play MK7? Haven't played it at all since the last GAF matches like, 6 months or so ago. And before then, it had been years since I last played it. Probably going to take me a while to get used to it again, heh.

I never really played MK7 nearly as much as I played MKDS, MKWii or (especially) MK8. I played it a lot in the first couple of weeks after it came out, but that Maka Wuhu glitch pretty much ruined the game for me; after a while I started to get sick of people spamming Maka Wuhu over and over again because of that glitch. And then a similar glitch in Wuhu Loop was discovered, and I decided I was done with the game. I know they eventually fixed both glitches, but it was far too late for me.

I never played it with GAF because I had already dropped it by the time my account was activated here. Since I didn't stick with it, even after I get used to it again I don't think I'll be as good at it as some people here. But I guess we'll see.

Roo

A) Roo, Merrick
B) Andy, Shark

A and S will be the ones who will be bitching about how they got fucked over by a blue shell a lot, C and below will be the ones revealing that they were the ones who threw the Blue (Except Azure because he never gets jack shit), and B will be the ones going ":3" as they steal 1st.

How could I miss this post? Enforced being S tier is definitely legit lol

Oh, we're going to play MK7? Haven't played it at all since the last GAF matches like, 6 months or so ago. And before then, it had been years since I last played it. Probably going to take me a while to get used to it again, heh.

I never really played MK7 nearly as much as I played MKDS, MKWii or (especially) MK8. I played it a lot in the first couple of weeks after it came out, but that Maka Wuhu glitch pretty much ruined the game for me; after a while I started to get sick of people spamming Maka Wuhu over and over again because of that glitch. And then a similar glitch in Wuhu Loop was discovered, and I decided I was done with the game. I know they eventually fixed both glitches, but it was far too late for me.

I never played it with GAF because I had already dropped it by the time my account was activated here. Since I didn't stick with it, even after I get used to it again I don't think I'll be as good at it as some people here. But I guess we'll see.
Speaking of glitches, it's kind of amazing how glitch-free MK8 is when it comes to unintended ultra-shortcuts. Especially coming from MKW and MK7 that were polluted with them.
The best we have are those "ultra jumps" such as the one in Big Blue or Bowser's Castle and even then they're not necessarily glitches.

I give the MK team too much shit for some of their stupid design and gameplay decisions such as the pinball effect, green shells, physics, etc but they certainly did a great job with the tracks and any potential glitch

Yeah I think MK7's gonna happen soon. Hey Roo are you gonna be borrowing your sis's 3DS soon so we can have some fun?

Well, that's the plan. I'll let you know in the coming days.
I've been thinking about buying a new 3DS so I don't have to ask hers but I'm not sure if it's worth it at this point in life :s

We're most likely getting a brand new handheld next year and we are not sure if it'll be 3DS BC or not yet.

A) Roo, Merrick
B) Andy, Shark

I wouldn't exactly label myself at E right now.
More like F.

I consider you part of "The Crew" of guys who occasionally come out of nowhere to win while fuck knows what is going on near the end. So D, not E or F. lol.

Haven't checked my W/L record against you but against E-tier players I tend to go like 10-0 or 15-2.

Top Bottom