• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart | Community Thread | *Insert Profanities Here*

Did some MK7 TTs right now (Well that's a lie, didn't finish any of them, just screwed around).

How to Become Consistent at DDJ, the Definitive Guide:

1) Don't play MK7
2) Play MK8 instead
3) ???
4) You are magically consistent at DDJ

Roo

I think I never checked my stats for MK7. I'll share them later.

That's not Wario Shipyard.

Also we should play balloon battle too.

Wario Shipyard?
I knew you had really bad taste but man, you find new ways to surprise me :x
Seriously tho, Wario Shipyard is probably the weakest Wario track EVER and forgettable at best overall.

ffdgh

Screw you Roo! wario shipyard is amazing
for light/feather weights lol.
If you want crap, play rosalina's ice world.

Roo

Fine. What about Wuhu Loop? :x
Enforced pls
I'll just say that except for Shy Guy Bazaar and obviously GOAT Rock Rock Mountain, Mario Kart 8 already has the best tracks MK7 had to offer. The rest are garbage.

This, kids, is called "Proving somebody's point".

lol

edit: I'm talking about Nitro courses btw.
MK7 has (imo) the second best retro tracks selection. Only behind MK8.

ffdgh

While RIW sucks ass, you know damn well Wario Shipyard is that track you whore just to fuck me up when I'm using red monster wheels. :X

Monsters works in literally every other track unchallenged. A little water occasionally won't kill ya. :p

7 Still has the GOAT rainbow road though. Man if that track could have been made for 8. *Imagines the 200cc race we'll never get. ;_;*

Monsters works in literally every other track unchallenged. A little water occasionally won't kill ya. :p

7 Still has the GOAT rainbow road though. Man if that track could have been made for 8. *Imagines the 200cc race we'll never get. ;_;*
:mad:

Agreed on GOAT Rainbow Road. I hated it at first but then I got good at it and learned the shroomless cuts and now I love it. Funny thing is that a lot of courses in MK7 were like that for me. Now I like pretty much every course on it.

Except Rosalina's Ice World fuck that fucking bullshit track.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
DK Jungle was far and away my favorite MK7 track. Sooooo glad it came back in MK8.

Speaking of glitches, it's kind of amazing how glitch-free MK8 is when it comes to unintended ultra-shortcuts. Especially coming from MKW and MK7 that were polluted with them.
The best we have are those "ultra jumps" such as the one in Big Blue or Bowser's Castle and even then they're not necessarily glitches.

I give the MK team too much shit for some of their stupid design and gameplay decisions such as the pinball effect, green shells, physics, etc but they certainly did a great job with the tracks and any potential glitch

Yes, I was definitely pleasantly surprised about that. They seemed to go out of their way to make sure that didn't happen again, and I'm glad they did.

Look like I have to buy MK7...

I'm not crazy about fast paced games on 3DS, such as Smash for 3DS. Preferably Zelda / puzzle games for 3DS. But after reading about all those cool tracks, I may be convinced to buy and try the game out.

Andy, noooo ;_;
I actually really like that track too as long as ffdgh isn't spamming it when i'm using red monster wheels. >_>

EDIT: I spent hours TTing it too, I liked it that much. Couldn't beat my sub-1:59 though, which isn't even really a good time to begin with. Damn it.

Roo

So you two are like.. the only survivors left from MK7GAF?
I remember Greg was a regular there as well but I've not seen him around in ages >.>

Gattuso

mk7 was pretty fun being in the back with greg for most of the races as I used my gold everything for all my races haha

So you two are like.. the only survivors left from MK7GAF?
I remember Greg was a regular there as well but I've not seen him around in ages >.>
Merrick. And Jahra and Incite occasionally showed up back then and occasionally show up these days so I guess it evens out for those two.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Oh, yeah, I guess I forgot to post this. Here's Sunday night's races: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN-hnuIbzgk

On the whole, I think I redeemed myself for my absolutely horrid play on Saturday night. Not that I didn't make any mistakes (god, that'll be the day...), but I think I did pretty well.

Here's a couple highlights:

1:10:31 - This is one of those races where just about everything that can go wrong does go wrong. After being in first for most of the first lap, I get hit at least 5 times, get bumped from behind which causes me to crash horribly, and lose a Golden Mushroom and a Star to lightnings just before trying to take the shortcut. It's a wonder I still managed 7th after all this.
1:24:53 - I take 4 hits in a row... then the stars somehow align.
2:24:18 - After several Billshit wins over the past couple weeks, Bullet Bill finally fails me.

Guys, I decided to bite the bullet and bought a copy of MK7. I'm embarrassed to say this but I have never played the game, so I definitely will be practicing this weekend before getting beaten up by MK7GAF.

Hype! ....or not.

Guys, I decided to bite the bullet and bought a copy of MK7. I'm embarrassed to say this but I have never played the game, so I definitely will be practicing this weekend before getting beaten up by MK7GAF.

Hype! ....or not.
When you aren't boosting, drift like this:
0) Go straight
1) Hop
2) As you land, press left or right. Like, don't start actually turning until you land from your hop.

The timing for 2 is weird but it's vital. If you start turning mid-air when you aren't boosting you'll both lose speed and miss a lot of (red) MTs. Get into the habit of doing this from the get-go and you'll be above average at the game very quickly.

When you aren't boosting, drift like this:
0) Go straight
1) Hop
2) As you land, press left or right. Like, don't start actually turning until you land from your hop.

The timing for 2 is weird but it's vital. If you start turning mid-air when you aren't boosting you'll both lose speed and miss a lot of (red) MTs. Get into the habit of doing this from the get-go and you'll be above average at the game very quickly.

Appreciate it. :)

I can kick Enforced's ass in both 7 and 8 so I'm fine either way.

I prefer 7 as a game though because it's a racing game while 8 is a fisting simulator.

Actual reason is that I can actually use item spy in 7.

Enforced

I can kick Enforced's ass in both 7 and 8 so I'm fine either way.

I prefer 7 as a game though because it's a racing game while 8 is a fisting simulator.

Actual reason is that I can actually use item spy in 7.
>.>

I was playing MK8 earlier. I haven't unlocked the alternative title screen yet. So I'm doing the Grand prix on mirror mode in order to unlock it. So yeah. Takes a little while to get used to 150cc speed. lol

Saw roo playing MK8 earlier btw. :p

Risgroo

I'd be all over an MK7 sesh! My Wii U is at my parents' house, so I can't play 8 that often, but my 3DS is always with me :p

We could try 7 like, tomorrow afternoon/evening. But if there are Europeans who want to play 7 it would be best for you guys to speak up so we know to lean more towards the afternoon American time so it's not like 3 AM European time.

I believe tonight's an 8 night though. I'll try to get on. Just need to know when you guys are going to get on.

I'll probably be on in 2 hours, but need to stop playing around 11 pm central since Splatoon has Splatfest starting at that time.

Let's fly, Team Plane!

I'll be in Frantic in 20 minutes and see if anyone's there. Hopefully.

If things don't work out I'll naturally be back here to tell you guys.

Top Bottom