• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Maker re-named Super Mario Maker

Sheroking

meh, still feel they're crazy making this game a focal point.

Nah. This game has more selling potential than any Metroid game, and you wouldn't think they're insane to showcase a Metroid game.

Gotta look past your own niche preferences.

I'm baffled this isn't gonna be on 3DS as well, at least a dumbed down version or one inspired by the Gameboy titles at the very least. Seems like it'd be perfect for handheld gaming, ya know, making your own levels then going to friend's houses and showing em off.

2314858548_60b70262c4.jpg

You can basically remake Syobon Action in Super Mario Maker...
Well, I'm sold on a Wii U now.

pringles

That moment when John Numbers found the way up along the treadmills, and bouncing off the red koopas.

Gonna be hard for anything else to top that audience reaction this E3.

That's good. I find that 'Super Mario' as a brand name is way more recognizable by people that only know Mario through pop culture.

Tiamant

Please someone make a "best moments" of the World Championships segment. It's the most I've ever had seen someone play.

Vanille

About a week ago people were saying Nintendo was insane to make this game a focal point, and it was stupid to showcase it at Best Buy. Ahhhhhhh the nostalgia....

It still seems like an awkward title to showcase at Best Buy. It's the type of game you really need to sit down and tinker with.

-Horizon-

That moment when John Numbers found the way up along the treadmills, and bouncing off the red koopas.

Gonna be hard for anything else to top that audience reaction this E3.
I was expecting to see everyone struggle but my god was that moment the real deal.

co1onel

After the championship I'm totally sold on Mario maker. Some of the level designs look like tons of fun already. I'll just have to stay away from NSMB's physics.

Big One

Banned
This game really does look amazing, especially since it allows a lot of things you could never do in any Mario Hack and create some really complex level designs. I wonder how far you can go, aka being able to turn Mario into some type of crazy Metroidvania perhaps?

I hope we get a DLC pack that gives us access to the SMB2 and SMBUSA graphics (and enemies)

maxcriden

One thing I'm wondering about. Do you need to beat the levels before being able to publish them online? I ask because this was a prerequisite for uploading Pushmo levels. I'm of two minds about the necessity for that requirement in this game, though. On the one hand you want to make sure only levels that are beatable are being uploaded. OTOH some people are better at designing levels than playing them.

This game really does look amazing, especially since it allows a lot of things you could never do in any Mario Hack and create some really complex level designs. I wonder how far you can go, aka being able to turn Mario into some type of crazy Metroidvania perhaps?

I hope we get a DLC pack that gives us access to the SMB2 and SMBUSA graphics (and enemies)

In terms of a Metroidvania, it really depends on whether they allow you to remove the time limit. But at this point it doesn't seem like they will. On the other hand you could still develop interesting levels around that premise and style.

I can't believe SMM wound up being the most hype moment in the entire show. Well played Nintendo. The audience reaction when John Numbers pulled off the treadmill run was amazing.

PBalfredo

I'm really happy with how much they've been fleshing this title out. I was worried it would just be the barebones downloadable-sized game we saw last year at E3. They could have easily taken that game, said "And it's on the eShop right now!" and been done with it, but it would have been unfulfilled to its potential. Everything about this seems to be heading the right direction.

bms2993

Banned
Custom like "holy shit I can make my own sprites?" Or custom like "holy shit Nintendo is adding sprites to retro games like champs"

Either way I'm pumped, I'm almost certain it's the latter though?

The latter. Nintendo pulling out all stops for this game.

Top Bottom