• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey digital = 51$

deleted

Finally got the 6 pounds promotion, re-placed my ordner on Amazon.uk and now I'm paying 41 Euro including shipping to Germany AND I don't have to look at that ugly USK sticker all the time :)
Hopefully I'm as lucky as I was with Mario + Rabbits - that one arrived on launch day, even though shipping was internationally.

Chucker

Was on the fence but saw I'm off Friday and only my day job on Thursday sooooo, yup.

Should be a rad time.
Edit: When I switch regions it says I'll break the NNID connection. I can just switch back to NA after redeeming and reconnect, right?

Copper

So when exactly will we be able to play? Once we get the code do we just preload and wait for activation?

N30RYU

So when exactly will we be able to play? Once we get the code do we just preload and wait for activation?
amazon.fr looks like will be sending the codes the release day... I hope they send them automatically at midnight the second we are in friday so I can download it asap... so we aren't gonna preload it... just downloading it the launch day.

Z..

amazon uk (best price I could find @ 38.30€ with prime trial and using the top up promo for £5 off) are saying midnight on the 27th. I'd imagine it's probably the same for all regions, no?

Demption

If I bought the code from Amazon JP can i just redeem the code in japanese eshop on switch or do I have to change region settings on Nintendo account? I'm from EU.

JCH!

Do I need a French/UK Switch account if I buy from Amazon.fr/co.uk?

I already have a JP account and I really don't want to create any more.

Chucker

Alright, so I got two emails, about 15 minutes apart. Google translate makes it sound like the first said they couldn't authorize, but the 2nd makes it seem like they did?

Unnef7f.jpg

and then

YBqyXea.jpg

Is that right?

Alright, so I got two emails, about 15 minutes apart. Google translate makes it sound like the first said they couldn't authorize, but the 2nd makes it seem like they did?

Unnef7f.jpg

and then

YBqyXea.jpg

Is that right?

That's what I got. Checked my CC and they did charge.

Vertti

Why does amazon have some kind of region lock in their super mario odyssey digital codes? I'm trying to buy it from Finland but amazon.co.uk and amazon.fr says it's not available.

Is there any way I can buy these or am I out of luck?

The Rizza

I got those same emails. I assume what’s going to happen is that in your “game library” in about an hour (when it’s midnight in Japan) it will unlock the code for you to input in the eShop or link it to your Nintendo Account. I can’t remember what happened exactly when I did this for Mario Kart

N30RYU

Just canceled my Amazon.fr preorder and I'm gonna get the game in the SouthAfrican eshop for 41.45€ (48.75 USD) since it's even a few cents cheaper than with amazon premium and I can preload it.

Subaru

Is it possible to Redeem the amazon code via website?
I don't have my switch now and I really wanna use this code asap

Camjo-Z

Just in case anyone still has reservations about buying a JP code I can confirm without a doubt that you will be able to play it in English, checking the NA store shows the game as purchased.

Camjo-Z

So.... you buy the JP version.... and then what? when do you get to play? What profile do you have to use?

You can use any profile, and since it's the JP version it should be playable at at 12 AM on the 27th in Japan. So for my timezone that would be 11 AM EST on the 26th.

more difficult than it needed to be, but all because i had no idea what i was doing lol

downloading now, can't wait to play, hype, etc etc

Wayoshi

I have it preloaded through Amazon JP, but the point made in this thread that the online check may use local time is a very good one... welp, we'll find out tomorrow.

I'd like to think I can redownload the whole thing after release date in Japan tomorrow if necessary, though.

/quit

Neo Member
Just in case anyone still has reservations about buying a JP code I can confirm without a doubt that you will be able to play it in English, checking the NA store shows the game as purchased.
Was worried about that. About to go purchase it. Thanks!

I had the same issue when I tried redeeming my code from Amazon Japan on my iPad. Worked absolutely fine on my desktop, though.

I'm getting the error on my MacBook, my Windows desktop, and my iPhone. :\

EDIT: Nevermind. I turned my Switch on and it was already downloading. The code must have worked the first time when I got my Japanese pop up on my Switch. Asis well.

Demption

Has anyone who preordered from Jp amazon received their code?

Just got message from Amazon and my credit card was denied, no idea why. Must try a different one but i doubt that won't work either.

Can i just buy the game from my JP account eshop on launch and still play it with my EU account later?

rhino2627

Neo Member
US user here. So I made the purchase through Amazon.co.jp, got my download code and was able to pre-install the game on my Switch through the Japanese eShop.

Question: does anybody know if the game will go live for me at midnight in Japan on 11/27, or midnight in the US on 11/27?

Chucker

AFAIK, yes. I'll just buy more JP cards then, or if Amazon sells it, directly from there.

US user here. So I made the purchase through Amazon.co.jp, got my download code and was able to pre-install the game on my Switch through the Japanese eShop.

Question: does anybody know if the game will go live for me at midnight in Japan on 11/27, or midnight in the US on 11/27?

Should be live around 11AM Eastern tomorrow.

Top Bottom