• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey digital = 51$

Flanders

Neo Member
AFAIK, yes. I'll just buy more JP cards then, or if Amazon sells it, directly from there.

Should be live around 11AM Eastern tomorrow.

The game is shown as bought in your eshop too so I suppose it wouldn't be a problem to buy new content for the game from your own country's eshop.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
It still blows my mind that digital still costs more than physical games.

Amazon-- $48
Digital-----$51

Digital:

1. No cost of manufacturing
2. No cost of shipping
3. Ensures pre-orders are not canceled and get money up front
4. Ensures game it not traded in thus preventing future 2nd hand sale

Companies should sell at a good discount for these reasons....as well as going green

.....but I will still buy physical on major new releases because I don't like the whole 'you don't own it ...you are technically leasing it'........ BS.

Chucker

It still blows my mind that digital still costs more than physical games.

Amazon-- $48
Digital-----$51

Digital:

1. No cost of manufacturing
2. No cost of shipping
3. Ensures pre-orders are not canceled and get money up front
4. Ensures game it not traded in thus preventing future 2nd hand sale

Companies should sell at a good discount for these reasons....as well as going green

.....but I will still buy physical on major new releases because I don't like the whole 'you don't own it ...you are technically leasing it'........ BS.

That's a little misleading. It's $51 due to currency exchange, and $48 if you sign up for a membership service.

This sucks. My order still says "Pending Verification.". I sent support a message and haven't heard back. Gonna be pissed if I'm now stuck for who knows how long with an order in limbo, with no way to just cancel it.

Pat

This sucks. My order still says "Pending Verification.". I sent support a message and haven't heard back. Gonna be pissed if I'm now stuck for who knows how long with an order in limbo, with no way to just cancel it.

You can, in the Games&Library section.

never nervous

Neo Member
If you're having trouble make sure everything is good with your bank. Mine kept reversing the charge until I called to verify that I made the purchase. After that I was able to select the same payment method, it went through and got my code immediately.

Revven

Heh, I've got it on pre-order physically at Best Buy for $41 -- had a $10 cert. from another purchase I made some time ago and then GCU stacked on top. And then it's technically $31 because Odyssey gives you a $10 gift cert. when you pre-order it from BB.

So I'm set.

You can, in the Games&Library section.

I'm in the same boat and there's no option to cancel in G&L section either - can you elaborate?

Yeah, I am seeing no such option.

Lo30fCX.png

Vertti

So SMO pre order from amazon.co.uk can not be cancelled right? But if I decide to buy a new code from amazon.jp to possibly unlock it sooner I can at least sell my old code let's say in gaf's B/S/T thread. Or is there some restrictions with selling digital switch games?

chooch81

So SMO pre order from amazon.co.uk can not be cancelled right? But if I decide to buy a new code from amazon.jp to possibly unlock it sooner I can at least sell my old code let's say in gaf's B/S/T thread. Or is there some restrictions with selling digital switch games?
It can be cancelled. Email or chat to customer service.

Ugh yeah can't get my US Visa credit cards to work on SA eShop. Keeps asking me to verify my info. On mobile.

Edit: now it's stuck verifying my order on Amazon JPN. Calling my credit card bank and they have no record...

Yeah, my JP order is still waiting for authentication. They emailed me saying they couldn't get my card to go through. I tried one debit and two credit, none will just go through. I just wish I could cancel it at this point. I was mainly getting in to play early. Now I'm afraid I'm gonna end up with a code on or after the US launch.

Osuwari

Paypal was a godsend for this. no need to mess with a credit card at all.
ended up paying a bit more since the eshop version was a bit more expensive.

CJY

Banned
I can buy this game on Amazon UK for €46.87 Physical or Digital, and in Gamestop Ireland it costs €60...

If i get the digital from Amazon UK, can I download it on my Irish account? anybody know?

Demption

Ordering from JP Amazon isn't working for me, amazon can't confirm my cc because it's not international or something like that. Tried also PayPal in eshop JP but that isn't working either. Guess i'll just have to wait a little longer.

Top Bottom