• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MARIO + RABBIDS: Kingdom Battle |OT| XCOM on mushrooms

nick_b

mine says 20 minutes but it's already at 5%

Same as mine. Then jumped to 14 after a minute or two. Guess that's a plus of being at 3AM. A lot of people probably said fuck it and went to sleep.

Unlike Splatoon 2. Took me around an hour just to get the eShop to come up.

Goddamnit, can't wait for this game, but I have to. I pre-ordered on Amazon last week but I couldn't get release day shipping :( At least It gives me time to finish the Lost Legacy. I'm pretty jealous of everyone playing tonight/tomorrow though.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently I did something that paused the download at 4% and nothing I do can get it to unpause.

So frustrating.

EDIT: apparently unplugging the ethernet to make it go on wifi fixed it. Not like the ethernet wasn't working since eShop was working with it, but whatever.

Tabasco

I decided to go digital on this one. I have so many physical copies that it became overwhelming.

Downloading right now!

I've haven't been following Switch releases prior to one day before their launch. That way when I'm on GAF the day before release I can say "oh x game is coming out at midnight(nintendo willing)? I wonder what the impressions are. Great? Guess I'm buying that tonight." This way it is only a matter of hours that I have to get hyped and wait.

I usually follow interesting releases quite closely but somehow missed this one. I guess I wasn't expecting another good "Mario game" before Odyssey. But definitely planning to pick this up later this week.

kami_sama

Damn y'all downloading right now. I can't do anything until I get home after work.

Also, the pre-order bonus is nowhere to be seen for eshop purchases, right? :(

Galava

It's a beautiful game. Just played for an hour, and it's hilarious.
The intro cinematic really surprised me :D
Also, I laughed out loud when
I saw the first building being constructed by rabbids and there were two retired old rabbids watching the construction site.

JoeM86

Rabbid Luigi is the GOAT

Once you have Vamp Dash, just always run into foes to activate the Vampire effect, then whenever any of your team attacks them, they get healed. It has saved me so much in boss battles

DKPOWPOW

I saw it Walmart yesterday and was tempted to buy it early, but decided to wait since my girlfriend pre-ordered the special edition.

Looks like a lot of fun and I know the kids will like it too. Not sure why peeps are hating on the rabbids, I always found em funny.

ZeroX03

Banned
Damn the traversal options in this game are insane. I'm less than two hours in and already doing pipe -> hit enemy -> different pipe -> ally jump -> shoot enemy. Feels very satisfying.

ryushe

Damn, didn't know this would be releasing on the eShop this early. I have a 12 hour work day ahead of me, so I'm tempted to buy it there, but I already have a copy pre-ordered at GameStop.

I gotta stay strong.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is spinning the camera around in free roam giving anyone else a headache? I usually never notice these things at all, but constant spinning is making me a bit woozy. maybe I'm just sick or something.

The Cowboy

So many new weapons already, got the pixel pack & steampunk pack from the season pass and then the 8 extra weapons via the amiibos.

Love the Pixel weapons, the effects are so nice - its a shame we can't level the weapons up so its possible to keep using them.

Lelou

3 hours in the game.
This a quality game, on the prospective of the level design and graphic i can't really see the difference from a normal 3d mario game.

The game is great and funny, i'm really suprised about that because my expectation were on a mid-low tier level.

H2Yo

I'm not sure if this has been posted but how do I get the Pro Controller working with this game? It just doesn't seem to detect and yet if I hit the home button, I can navigate with it.

Either shopto hasn't shipped my order yet or they didn't send the shipped email.

Edit: Nevermind, bank holiday fucked me over. Probably won't get the game until Thursday.

JCH!

Any eshops where this game is cheaper like what happened with Sonic Mania?

I bought in in the Russian shop for 53€ instead of 60€.

I'm not sure if this has been posted but how do I get the Pro Controller working with this game? It just doesn't seem to detect and yet if I hit the home button, I can navigate with it.

Hmm. Works perfectly for me, didn't have to set up anything.

Pikma

Banned
So many new weapons already, got the pixel pack & steampunk pack from the season pass and then the 8 extra weapons via the amiibos.

Love the Pixel weapons, the effects are so nice - its a shame we can't level the weapons up so its possible to keep using them.
Wait this thing has a season pass? What does it include?

Edit: nvm I just checked the OP!

Sloane

Banned
Played it for a few hours, cute little game. Looks amazing and is a lot of fun despite me loathing the fucking Rabbids.

Not quite sure where all those XCOM comparisons are coming from though. Yes, the combat looks somewhat similar but it's missing basically all the other layers that make X-Com and XCOM unique, the complexity, and depth -- feels a bit like comparing Final Fantasy to Dead Souls or something. I don't really mind it, especially with XCOM 2.5 coming out at the same time, but it's really more of an FFT or Jeanne d'Arc on mushrooms.

But, anyway, it's cool; might very well be the most suprisingly good game I have ever seen.

Top Bottom