• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Wonder - Joycons Make Sounds?!

Listen to the joycons make sounds! And its not only in this instance. It happens at various points in the game.

SUPER MARIO BROS WONDER

This game man. It’s special. They really let this thing cook. Beautiful visuals, so many details, all new animations EVERYWHERE, every level has a surprise. This thing SINGS on OLED. This is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze but with a Mario theme, crazy ideas, full of Wonder at every turn especially for people that are used to Mario games. You will keep saying “oh wow” every minute because of all the little different changes and surprises to everything. It’s so good.

I can’t wait to see what Nintendo does with 4K Switch 2 ray tracing. Lighting is going to be a huge revolution for visuals in Nintendo games. You guys are in for a treat.

Does anyone know any other Switch games that makes sounds through the joycons?? I feel like I need to replay all my games with the joycons by my ear now.

Last edited:

gundalf

I can’t wait to see what Nintendo does with 4K Switch 2 ray tracing. Lighting is going to be a huge revolution for visuals in Nintendo games. You guys are in for a treat.

Yes we are in for a treat but I don't think Nintendo will use RT very much on their non-realistic games but I hope they won't be holding back on HDR (including portable mode).

Robb

Gold Member
Good use for it. I can’t really recall many games using HD Rumble for sound outside of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with the coin sound. But I’ve probably forgotten some.

Top Bottom