• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marion Cotillard talks about her death scene in The Dark Knight Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Talia's death scene isn't great. But distilling an actress's career down to one bad scene is ridiculous.

Yes, when slowed down and watched repeatedly, Nolan has sloppy moments in his fights. But when you're watching them, you don't notice these things in the quick moment.

All of the Nolan Batman movies are great and extremely entertaining. Yes, that includes The Dark Knight Rises.

Shredderi

2koCobj.gif

superhero movies were a mistake

Started watching this laughing. I let it loop a few times and started getting a little aroused :|

NastyBook

The nightmare future fight was complete garbage in BvS.

Nolan Batman fights were better in Begins because it wasn't just about action. The warehouse scene was pretty cool in BvS though.
Nightmare future fight was the lowest point in BVS, and it still shits on everything in the Nolan films. Also, what fight scenes in Begins? I honestly don't remember any. Especially not that shaky cam, push-me-push-you-back "fight" scene at the end.

I don't know if it's because she's speaking in French, but this is like the grimmest interview about an internet meme joke I've ever seen.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I still maintain a firm belief that Nolan and company didn't really want to make a third Batman movie after Ledger died but didn't want to potentially burn any bridges with WB - which is why TDKR feels so incredibly lazy in writing and acting in spots.

One of those amazing what if scenarios. I'd still love to even hear of what Nolan's ideas were for a sequel with Ledger still alive as the Joker.

All these years later I've still never seen Rises. At first it was more out of principle - that being I felt TDK was practically a flawless Batman film and then Ledger's death and then I felt a third film was going to cheapen the previous movies.

Now I just pop into these threads once in a while and it's kind of comforting knowing I jumped ship.

All these years later I've still never seen Rises. At first it was more out of principle - that being I felt TDK was practically a flawless Batman film and then Ledger's death and then I felt a third film was going to cheapen the previous movies.

Now I just pop into these threads once in a while and it's kind of comforting knowing I jumped ship.

watch the last 6 minutes on youtube.

Don't be comforted about that, The Dark Knight Rises is fucking awesome. It's like being proud you've never seen Return of the Jedi because a bunch of nerds complain about Ewoks. Both are awesome and you're missing out on the completion of a story.

I wouldn't have noticed how bad that death shot was if not for the internet, but yeah, it's pretty bad. I don't know how in the hell Nolan could've missed something like that, but then again, this is the same guy who gave us some really cringey fight sequences with his last two Batman films. Not at all Marion's fault, and it is a shame that such a blunder has to be associated with her.

CloudWolf

People on GAF get really hyperbolic about these kind of films. The Dark Knight Rises is fine. Is it as good as Begins or TDK? No. Is it terrible? Fuck no, it's pretty good.

Sephzilla

One of those amazing what if scenarios. I'd still love to even hear of what Nolan's ideas were for a sequel with Ledger still alive as the Joker.

Yep, I'd really like to know that too. I imagine the third movie would be a much more direct sequel to The Dark Knight given how that movie ends. Maybe the name of the third movie wouldn't be so lazy either.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
People on GAF get really hyperbolic about these kind of films. The Dark Knight Rises is fine. Is it as good as Begins or TDK? No. Is it terrible? Fuck no, it's pretty good.

Eh.... it's the only Nolan film I've seen that stops making sense while you're watching it.

Usually his stuff is a damn good first watch that falls apart a little bit later, when you start to think about it, but TDKR made me go "well that's just stupid" in the middle of the movie.

Eh.... it's the only Nolan film I've seen that stops making sense while you're watching it.

Usually his stuff is a damn good first watch that falls apart a little bit later, when you start to think about it, but TDKR made me go "well that's just stupid" in the middle of the movie.

This is exactly how I feel. I haven't seen his most recent movie, but every other Nolan movie I've seen, aside from Memento and the Dark Knight Rises, I've liked on an initial viewing but I've liked less every time I watch it. The Dark Knight Rises was just always bad. Memento is still good though.

Sephzilla

In terms of writing and acting it's honestly near the bottom of Chris Nolan's filmography in my opinion.

Yeah, this. Nolan movies usually have the issue where suddenly you see all of the writing issues the second time you watch it. TDKR is the first Nolan movie where I was actively scratching my head as I was watching it.

Also, you don't have your Mark Henry avatar anymore and it bothers me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom