• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario's Candian Karting Day announced

Zeppeli

Banned
Just got this e-mail from Nintendo of Canada. IIRC, it was *announced* before, but this is the first time there has been full details shown.

nffe4eQLZTLurdMhGQoRnSFHYs0-DDI3V8xucTXqMa0k2XUHgZdQekFylIlmjq8ZDrZaam2mp3dKonFX22oElECIhc1kcjA_bt4ayyOMpIzJm4wHP-7ev01xofg7Ug=s0-d-e1-ft

sP92MXLJc07cPVF4UtFgYxJd3bUjk-wuR67JkpwCS5Z7m7JzebWeoAsWLlLviE2NzXosZoY8u423czaLdXCVfrioPOE7TJ75rm0uytDMW3p2LGT_ZblN064=s0-d-e1-ft

fqbof2iAuINGhO2nI3kUfNf415ZCqjbsSR9jo1tDeHCsmCy6qtKRFbRMZBwFIcrNdPbNJ3Nj4a-OE38K0MO_upTgvi0FQW4M4iuSEK8Q0cn2CcnRTPYeOSxqsropqc1fkw=s0-d-e1-ft

4PbcvzWST0gjJABmKh0FpQ9PSxgXIAeLGx8A4RCHqwI72UJmrmFgNooaImcwZu261C7rWXaMa6-KOTIx57snRD0JbHjq05lp2fxd_AWhJ4WI1l1Q_e1Cu-LKK8A=s0-d-e1-ft

Quick tl;dr
  • Go-karting being hosted in Toronto and Montreal on May 31st, from 11am to 5pm
  • First 500 people race free
  • Each race winner gets a free copy of the pre-order bonus Blue Shell trophy
  • Mario Kart 8 will also be playable at the event
  • Chance to win Nintendo merchandise, karting vouchers, or a real life Mario Kart (child sized)

Nintendo going HAM advertising this thing. Hope it pays off for them.

Edit: MotherFUCKER, can a mod fix the title?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Speaking of advertising, there's also this

MK8%20GS.jpg

SIGN HERE PLEASE: Kenseth will be signing autographs for 200 lucky fans on behalf of GameStop on Friday, May 23rd. The event will take place at Joe Gibbs Racing and tickets will be handed out starting at 8:30 a.m. that morning. Fans will also have the chance to play Mario Kart 8 at the event before the game launches on May 30th.

MARIO KART 8 THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 TOYOTA: Turn Your Racing Experience Upside Down! For the first time in HD, Nintendo’s Mario Kart franchise comes to the Wii U console, introducing new racing circuit designs and anti-gravity karts that will have players driving upside down and along walls. Players will also enjoy a variety of series-favorite features, including the return of 12-player online competitive play, hang gliders, underwater racing and motorbikes.

RACE INFO: The History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway begins at 2:45 p.m. ET on Saturday, May 24th. The race will be broadcast on ABC, SiriusXM channel 90, and PRN Radio.

From the cockpit:

Matt Kenseth: “I like going back to Charlotte and running the Nationwide Series race. I made my first series start there a long time ago, so it’s always been a special track for me and it’s always fun to go back there and compete. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been in this No. 20 car, but I’m looking forward to getting back to work with these guys because I think that Kevin (Kidd) and the guys have done a great job already this season. JGR (Joe Gibbs Racing) has a great performance record at Charlotte as well, so I’m looking forward to good things from our GameStop team this weekend.”

Top Bottom