• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Zuckerberg Has Made More Money Than Anyone Else in 2017—Even Jeff Bezos

Even with all that money, he's just a normal guy.

DEkk-cTXkAE5paD.jpg

This guy is faker than a Russian twitter bot

sphagnum

Banned
You know, he'd be able to easily win the presidency if he liquidated, say, half of his shares and used them to concretely fix a real-world, observable problem anywhere in the U.S.

Even easier, if he just gave away 1 million dollars to every citizen over 18 years old before he even declared his campaign officially. He wouldn't even be giving up half a billion. He could just bribe the citizenry.

"Just for being on Facebook, have a free million dollars!"

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Does Zuckerberg even make public appearances? I don't think I've seen him give a single speech, so I can't imagine him running for president.
He's on a pr tour traveling the country and has plans to visit every state.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Does Zuckerberg even make public appearances? I don't think I've seen him give a single speech, so I can't imagine him running for president.

Have you seen The Social Network? He's like that but even less charismatic and more boring.

Jag

On December 1, 2015, they announced they would eventually give 99 percent of their Facebook shares (worth about US$45 billion at the time) to the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.

Let's get to it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Even with all that money, he's just a normal guy.

DEkk-cTXkAE5paD.jpg

This dude was talkin about butcherin his own chickens because he loves fried chicken like 10 years ago.

For Real.

mcfrank

Even easier, if he just gave away 1 million dollars to every citizen over 18 years old before he even declared his campaign officially. He wouldn't even be giving up half a billion. He could just bribe the citizenry.

Uhh you might want to check your math. By your math there are only 500 people.

aeolist

Banned
uh guys we can't practice purity politics, if zuckerberg wants to run don't be negative or you're just helping trump win

Sunster

uh guys we can't practice purity politics, if zuckerberg wants to run don't be negative or you're just helping trump win

that would be the case if he somehow got the nomination. but he's got less of a chance of that than my cat so.. i know /s but still

Ogodei

The only thing that can defeat a rich narcissist, is another rich narcissist.

The 2020 U.S primaries is going to be brutal.

If Mark wants to piss away money trying to win the Democratic nomination he can just give it to me instead.

Codeblue

Mark Zuckerberg, listen to me. You don't need to come all the way out to Oklahoma to prove that you care about us. I'm not looking to sit down and have dinner with you. A single act of compassion speaks volumes about a person. Just pay off my student debt and you can have my vote.

Nobody, and particularly not Zuckerberg would be naive enough... what I mean to say is if he's going to New Hampshire for the reason you're thinking he would mask it with something. It wouldn't be an official trip. He'd make up a benign excuse to be up there.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Time to steal more land from Pacific Islanders

Oh like if you had that kind of money you wouldn't use it to steal sensitive native lands to ensconce yourself in a few meaningless extra acres of privacy on a distant pacific island.

Slayven

Oh like if you had that kind of money you wouldn't use it to steal sensitive native lands to ensconce yourself in a few meaningless extra acres of privacy on a distant pacific island.

I would pay high class models to play out my favorite scenes from comic books, that and challenge Bronsonlee to a Brewster's millions game.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
no way yall. glass cube in the middle of a cherry tree forest. with a scale blue whale skeleton cast hanging from the ceiling of the cube.

good wifi in the cube.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No wonder he's getting into politics. What else do you do with that amount of money.

World Peace.

Zuck has "you have released the genie of the lamp and he grants you 3 wishes" money. Obviously, you get one wish to for yourself, one to free the genie, and the third is world peace or you're being rude.

Curing cancer is an acceptable alternative.

Zolo

Dude has no charisma and I can't imagine him winning any office till he finds some.

Yeah. This is a big thing. I also don't think Republicans would get into him like Trump. Democrats would be much harder to convince to vote for him than Republicans would for Trump.

Kieli

I'm doing the math right now. Half a billion is ~500 million. 1 million per person means 500 people.

Are you implying there's 500 citizens over the age of 18?

He could buy 50 million votes at $1000 per vote if he sold his shares (not really, because Facebook's shares would tank after he started selling).

That's just such an absurd, disgusting amount of money. Frankly, I think it's a breakdown of society for one person to be able to hold that much wealth.

That it is. The fact that there are 100s or even 1000s of billionaires should immediately tell you capitalism in its current state is failing.

Top Bottom