• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mark Zuckerberg Has Made More Money Than Anyone Else in 2017—Even Jeff Bezos

jono51

Banned
Remember when this guy was sweating his balls off as he was grilled during an interview on privacy, and when he took off his trademark hoody it was revealed that the inside was filled with NWO symbolry? This guy needs to be stopped.

eot

Banned
That's just such an absurd, disgusting amount of money. Frankly, I think it's a breakdown of society for one person to be able to hold that much wealth.
Agreed.
It is a symptom of the inequality in the world. He may not be taking money from poor people directly, but he can only be that rich in a system that funnels money from the many to the few.

Preezy

I sure hope all the people disgusted with the wealth of these billionaires don't buy or use any of their products.

I use Amazon, it's a great product and service and the top guy deserves all the money he makes off it, good for him for being a genuis, I wish I was that smart (and wealthy!).

Agreed.
It is a symptom of the inequality in the world. He may not be taking money from poor people directly, but he can only be that rich in a system that funnels money from the many to the few.
Most of this money is in Facebook stock value though. Which is something that he does not set himself, it is literally what people are willing to pay up for a share of Facebook.

The issue is not that these companies are worth that much. That is no problem. It is fictional money for the most part anyway. A stock being worth more today then yesterday does not mean money has been taken away somewhere.

The issue is that these large companies hoard too much cash and don't invest it, pay taxes on it or return it to employees or even stock holders through dividend, which of course does have impact on stock value, so they are a bit related.

Conservative media is already going in on this guy and Silicon Valley in general. If he ever runs, he will be thoroughly hated by a decent percentage of people.

aeolist

Banned
I sure hope all the people disgusted with the wealth of these billionaires don't buy or use any of their products.

I use Amazon, it's a great product and service and the top guy deserves all the money he makes off it, good for him for being a genuis, I wish I was that smart (and wealthy!).
14311321_1133380170065469_750546640083104522_o.jpg

Orb

You know, you can criticize the economy and capitalism, right? I can't believe theres people defending disgustingly rich people, jesus.

Facebook was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

I look forward to your next farcical presidential race, when Kanye takes on Zuckerberg takes on The Rock.

That's not my point

Anyone's net worth being THAT much is a fundamental breakdown of society. It's disgusting, abhorrent, and criminal.

I agree. More money than anyone could ever possibly need while children are born into poverty - it's fucked up.

EPaul

Sometimes seeing individuals with that amount of wealth while people in the same country are starving.Makes me think capitalism is a mistake sometimes

Kthulhu

To me, it's less about how much money they make, but how much taxes they pay.

Remember when Trump said not paying taxes is smart? Imagine how that line of thought plays out at Apple, Disney, Microsoft etc.

Hell, it should be mandatory for all rich people to provide food and housing to everyone who is poor

In most cities we wouldn't need to do this. Housing the homeless is actually cheaper than the policies most US cities have. You can thank conservative politicians and NIMBYism for our housing issues.

Hell some of the Silicon Valley companies actually tried to get housing built, but SF said no.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Just a normal guy who publicly renounces his atheism after hiring high-profile political actors from previous campaigns.

Parch

Gates and Buffett are doing it right.
Companies are going to make billions. That isn't going to change. It's what the billionaires do with that money is what is important. The various foundations can help the world in a lot of ways.

If a guy is going to horde or spend most of his billions on a political campaign, then that's worthy of criticism. There are some who offer up just a token level of philanthropy for image sake as well. When they're making that much money, it's pretty scumbag to not use most of it for the better good.

JordanN

Banned
Such a silly comment.

Tell me, how does it make sense for a poor class to exist in 2017? How does society benefit when there might be a family out there whose entire budget can only afford a box of cornflakes for dinner?

Having a rich and poor system is extremely outdated.

I rather see a future, where every poor person can go on to be a scientist or engineer, and help advance society greatly by fast tracking our progress into exploring space or curing diseases.

Instead, we hear daily stories of lardasses like Trump going golfing and living a leisure filled life, while billions of cash just sits there doing nothing. That shouldn't be acceptable, that should be the cause of massive riots.

Top Bottom