• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s "Agent Carter" starring Hayley Atwell - 8 episode S1 premieres Tues, Jan 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Marvel's Agent Carter |OT| It's Time For That Dance
Marvel's Agent Carter |OT| Fondue is just cheese and bread, my friend.

9C1Z3gQ.jpg

eJ5o069.jpg
star_trek.gif

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Marvel's Agent Carter |OT| Jailhouse Rack
Marvel's Agent Carter |OT| Cuptain Americana
Marvel's Agent Carter |OT| British Bombshell

sorry I'm just obsessed

AMUSIX

I take it that this is stand alone from Agents of Shield?
As I haven't watched that.

It's a stand alone mini series in the MCU, with some story ties to Agents of Shield. You do not have to have seen one to enjoy the other, but you will get more out of it if you do.

It's a stand alone mini series in the MCU, with some story ties to Agents of Shield. You do not have to have seen one to enjoy the other, but you will get more out of it if you do.

Sorta beaten, but there's no real basis for the "story ties to Agents of SHIELD" part. Different showrunners, different writers, mostly different EPs, seemingly different tone (pulp spy thriller light on the fantastic elements), nothing in the casting/promos/synopses that hints at any overt narrative connection.

I'm sure there will be some Easter egg-level nods to SHIELD, but likely no more than that.

I'm still really looking forward to this show, but I won't deny that I'm kind of disappointed how it still seems* to be taking 95% of its inspiration from the previously released films and only 5% or so from 616. Especially given that, in theory, nearly all the Golden Age characters should be free to use.

*With the obvious caveat that I haven't seen the show yet and can only make inferences from the information Marvel and ABC have deigned to release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom