• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s "Agent Carter" starring Hayley Atwell - 8 episode S1 premieres Tues, Jan 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

ZzsATrM.jpg
Wow, that's a great poster.

curb

Banned
Wow. I'm so ready for this show. Especially after last night's insanely rad AoS finale. We need more Marvel TV immediately.

I love that 2015 is Agent Carter, Shield, probably Daredevil and then hopefully more Shield for the fall. A near constant flow of Mahvel for the year.

We have the official synopses for the first two episodes directly below, featuring Agent Carter's return to action. Catch the two-hour series premiere Tuesday, January 6 at 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC, and while you wait follow @AgentCarterTV on Twitter, like "Marvel's Agent Carter" on Facebook, and keep your eyes peeled to Marvel.com for all the latest!

In the episode "Now is Not the End,"
Peggy is contacted by old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger") when he is framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons and can trust no one else. To help Peggy clear Stark's name, he insists his butler, Edwin Jarvis, be at her beck and call--whether she likes it or not. But the risk is great: If caught, Agent Carter could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison...or worse.

In the episode "Bridge and Tunnel,"
Howard Stark's deadliest weapon has fallen into enemy hands, and only Agent Carter can recover it. But can she do so before her undercover mission is discovered by SSR Chief Dooley and Agent Thompson?

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23802/marvels_agent_carter_debriefs_her_first_2_missions

duckroll

"Now is Not the End" was written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely and directed by Louis D'Esposito.

"Bridge and Tunnel" was written by Eric Pearson and directed by Joseph Russo.

Lol, Marvel Studios guys are all over this show. I suppose Anthony Russo will be directing episode 3 then? I expected them to be credited together for both episodes honestly.

Dai101

Banned
Lol, Marvel Studios guys are all over this show. I suppose Anthony Russo will be directing episode 3 then? I expected them to be credited together for both episodes honestly.

Yes, both Russo bros. are in 2 and 3. One on one that is. Also is rumored that Joe Johnston is or want to direct episode 4.

So originally I was planning on watching this because Marvel and because Captain America is my favorite of the MCU but the more I see of Hayley Atwell the more I want to watch it just because she's in it.

Hnnnng.

Dai101

Banned
I thought Johnston was confirmed

AFAIK he only said he was interested in an interview. Seeing this series is running with more of the MCU crew i don't think is that hard to this be true and Joe could direct (or is already) ep 4.

I wonder why the MCU folks haven't dabbled in AoS for even just one or two eps.

Well, whatever AoS is doing right now is working, and they should just stick to it. Wish the MCU folks would have gotten more hands on last season though... especially early on.

My expectations are kinda high on this show right now (AoS has certainly raised the bar), but as a MCU junkie, I'm sure I will be pleasantly surprised, satisfied, and hoping for a 2nd season Jan 2016 as well.

duckroll

I wonder why the MCU folks haven't dabbled in AoS for even just one or two eps.

If you mean Marvel Studios, it's because they're different creative productions. The film crew already have their hands full working on all the upcoming stuff on the slate, and there's no reason for them to divert their attention for a show which already has it's own showrunners and creative leads running stuff.

In the case of Agent Carter, it is a series born out of a Marvel One-Shot, so naturally the Marvel Studios staff will be more involved in it because it started from their division creatively. It's an exception. The Netflix stuff will all have their own crew on board, so it's unlikely Marvel Studios will have much involvement there either.

anaron

If you mean Marvel Studios, it's because they're different creative productions. The film crew already have their hands full working on all the upcoming stuff on the slate, and there's no reason for them to divert their attention for a show which already has it's own showrunners and creative leads running stuff.

In the case of Agent Carter, it is a series born out of a Marvel One-Shot, so naturally the Marvel Studios staff will be more involved in it because it started from their division creatively. It's an exception. The Netflix stuff will all have their own crew on board, so it's unlikely Marvel Studios will have much involvement there either.

No, I understand the logistics and all but you'd think S1 would have been the stronger goal in securing that extension due to it being the first of its kind.

Either way, hope AC doesn't make AoS look *too* bad. :p

duckroll

No, I understand the logistics and all but you'd think S1 would have been the stronger goal in securing that extension due to it being the first of its kind.

Either way, hope AC doesn't make AoS look *too* bad. :p

AoS had a pilot written and directed by the director/writer of Avengers. It still sucked. I don't think putting more Marvel Studios people on the project would automatically have made it better. It just needed to be a better show.

BLACKLAC

I'm much more excited about this than I ever was for SHIELD. (I don't watch SHIELD. I know. Apparently it's better.)

I watch Shield and love season 2 so far and I agree. The showrunners behind it alone get me hyped.

Also again Bubbles is in this! Hype!!!

Mariolee

Agents of SHIELD Season 2 is the single biggest shift in quality I have ever seen in a television show.

If you compare last season's midseason finale to this one's, it's not even remotely near the same level. Ivy and all you other poor souls: watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom