• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s "Agent Carter" starring Hayley Atwell - 8 episode S1 premieres Tues, Jan 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks great. Also looks like they've bumped up the budget for at least this show.

Feeling the pressure from DCTV, I mean CW? Then again, could just be a pilot thing with the budget taking a hit as the season goes on.

Or maybe this isn't as effects heavy as AoS, so it allows them to use their budget elsewhere?

It's probably also due to it being 8 episodes instead of 21 or whatever.

But yeah the show is probably not blowing half of the budget on quinjet scenes.

It's probably also due to it being 8 episodes instead of 21 or whatever.

But yeah the show is probably not blowing half of the budget on quinjet scenes.

I still don't understand why they felt the need for the Quinjet in AoS. Feels like a pointless addition, especially with what happened last episode.

anaron

Looks great. Also looks like they've bumped up the budget for at least this show.

Feeling the pressure from DCTV, I mean CW? Then again, could just be a pilot thing with the budget taking a hit as the season goes on.

Or maybe this isn't as effects heavy as AoS, so it allows them to use their budget elsewhere?

Well this is from the MCU folks in a way that AoS isn't. Feige and Esposito have their fingerprints all over it.

Potential megaton:

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/05/cost...-agent-carter/

EXCLUSIVE: Costa Ronin Cast as Anton Vanko in Marvel's Agent Carter

Iron Man 2 could be retroactively made better if this is true.

This is cool

TheOddOne

- Marvel: Marvel's Agent Carter & Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Set Premiere & Return Dates
The highly-anticipated "Marvel's Agent Carter," starring Hayley Atwell in the role she first brought to life in Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger," will premiere on ABC Tuesday, January 6 at 9:00 p.m. ET.

Then, once "Marvel's Agent Carter" concludes its eight-episode run, "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." will return to ABC with all-new episodes Tuesday, March 3 at its regular time, 9:00 p.m. ET, to complete its action-packed second season!
I'll be doing the OT duties.

Only an 8-episode season? Interesting. I hope it's allowed to be its own thing instead of feeling like an extended flashback for Agents of SHIELD.

Is there a significant sci-fi/fantasy/superhero element to this that's being kept under wraps, or is it the grounded (compared to SHIELD, anyway) pulp spy thriller that it's being marketed as? It could still be quite good as the latter, but I'm wondering.

Is there a significant sci-fi/fantasy/superhero element to this that's being kept under wraps, or is it the grounded (compared to SHIELD, anyway) pulp spy thriller that it's being marketed as? It could still be quite good as the latter, but I'm wondering.

From the looks of things it will tie into a story started on AOS so I imagine there will be a scifi element but I also expect a pulp spy thriller.

HGStormy

Banned
If it's remotely as good as Captain America 2, I'll watch it. Love the time period/setting.
Agent Carter looks so cool *-*

From the looks of things it will tie into a story started on AOS so I imagine there will be a scifi element but I also expect a pulp spy thriller.

Eh, nothing points definitively to the contrary, but nothing that ABC has released about this show suggests its storyline is directly related to SHIELD or Carter's appearances on it in any way.

I'm sure there'll be some connection, of course.

Eh, nothing points definitively to the contrary, but nothing that ABC has released about this show suggests its storyline is directly related to SHIELD or Carter's appearances on it in any way.

I'm sure there'll be some connection, of course.

I think they've been primarily building to a connection. I'm sure Agent Carter will be something that you can start as a standalone property but also have a hook into AOS so that the audience from that will carry over.

Then at the end of AC I'm sure there will be some sort of hook to get people to watch AOS.

I'm totally okay with the latter, especially if it has somewhat goofy Tom Swift-ish gadgets like the ones used in the AoS S1 finale. If it basically feels like a more-serious, more-actiony version of Get Smart I'll be incredibly fucking delighted.

ZzsATrM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom