• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s "Agent Carter" starring Hayley Atwell - 8 episode S1 premieres Tues, Jan 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
Agents of SHIELD Season 2 is the single biggest shift in quality I have ever seen in a television show.

If you compare last season's midseason finale to this one's, it's not even remotely near the same level. Ivy and all you other poor souls: watch it.

The heels. They dig in HARDER.

neoanarch

The heels. They dig in HARDER.
I don't think the s2 is all that great. Better than the first, but you would actively have to try and make something worse. There is just something about the show that rubs me the wrong way. I certainly enjoy other comic shows way more, even Gotham. But if you are heavily invested in the MCU its not a bad way to spend an hour.

Jtrizzy

so can I just skip all of Season one of AOS? Season 1 was so bad I couldn't get through an episode. Agent Carter looks good, but her scene at the end of Cap 1 was so sad, then so was the one in 2.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
ZzsATrM.jpg

Wooooh

That's an AMAZING poster.

Blue Lou

Has a UK broadcaster picked this yet? Apparently Channel 4 aren't going to bother because Agents of Shield didn't do as well as they had hoped.

duckroll

Sup guys, why am I being used for hard selling and viral marketing here. I didn't sign the release forms to agree to that! :D

curb

Banned
LAWD! And Bubbles is on this? Nice! Please tell me I dont have to watch that shit Shield show to get the full experience on this.

The new season of Shield is great and you've already missed some minor stuff about where Peggy's at between Cap 1 and her solo show.

JDSN

Banned
The new season of Shield is great and you've already missed some minor stuff about where Peggy's at between Cap 1 and her solo show.
Ah, so its some minor stuff? Are there gonna be crossovers like in Arrow?

You don't watch it, but it's "shit"?
Saw four episodes, thats three more than I should have watched, people say it gets better but im not gonna swim in shit so I can get to the crystalline water. (That saying sounds better in Spanish)

duckroll

Ah, so its some minor stuff? Are there gonna be crossovers like in Arrow?

There probably won't be any actual connections between the two shows. Totally different showrunners and plot. There might be cameos and nods, nothing more. Agent Carter is a 8-part story which takes place after WW2 but before the formation of SHIELD. The Carter cameos in Agents of SHIELD are set before Agent Carter at the end of WW2 and are not related to the Agent Carter series, it's entirely a flashback device relating to the villain in Agents of SHIELD S2.

JDSN

Banned
There probably won't be any actual connections between the two shows. Totally different showrunners and plot. There might be cameos and nods, nothing more. Agent Carter is a 8-part story which takes place after WW2 but before the formation of SHIELD. The Carter cameos in Agents of SHIELD are set before Agent Carter at the end of WW2 and are not related to the Agent Carter series, it's entirely a flashback device relating to the villain in Agents of SHIELD S2.

Your shilling has succeeded and I will be watching this.

Peru

Saw four episodes, thats three more than I should have watched, people say it gets better but im not gonna swim in shit so I can get to the crystalline water. (That saying sounds better in Spanish)

Just skip to season 2.

Surprised people like S2 of Agents that much better than S1. It's more of the same really. Well, I might be willing to concede it's a little better. Certainly not loads better.

Surprised people like S2 of Agents that much better than S1. It's more of the same really. Well, I might be willing to concede it's a little better. Certainly not loads better.

Nah, even noted TV gaf asshole Dead Souls thinks it got really better.

I'm with Ivy though, still more hyped for this show over it.

I agree with the notion that Season 2 of AoS is the biggest increase in quality I've ever seen in a TV show.

season 1 was dogshit and I only watched like 4 episodes of it before the Hydra stuff got going.

Everyone stop being jerks and watch AoS, it got good damnit.

Watch the pilot(which is bad) and skip to like episode 14 or something.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Agents of SHIELD Season 2 is the single biggest shift in quality I have ever seen in a television show.

If you compare last season's midseason finale to this one's, it's not even remotely near the same level. Ivy and all you other poor souls: watch it.

I guess I should watch it (although I have seen a few episodes of S2). Glad to see it has improved. I also saw Captain America for the first time on Tv a few days ago and wow, whoever is playing Agent Carter is just.....damn. Looking forward to seeing her on tv every week.

ivysaur12

Banned
Ivysaur, what was the last SHIELD ep you saw?

The real reason I haven't caught up is that I don't care at all about the MCU, I'm sort of hot and cold on most Marvel films (I've liked Cap 2 a lot and thought Avengers was fine) and I have no attachment to that world. I also have a million shows to watch, including classics like Deadwood and I need to finish The Wire. So yes, on day I could conceivably watch SHIELD, but that also means slogging through 14 of the "bad episodes" before "the Cap 2 twist" (and I'm not just going to skip something) and, at this point, that seems like an insurmountable task that will never come to fruition.

I don't care at all about the world, I don't really care about the story its trying to tell from what I've been able to read about its episodes, I think it's poorly cast, and there's too many episodes. It could be really good, but it doesn't really appeal to me.

I find the story about Hayley Atwell being a female agent in the 1940s running a covert spy operation much more interesting, because it feels like there's a purpose and storytelling potential that I never saw with SHIELD. And the cast of Agent Carter is on point.

Then I'm not watching Helix.

I wasn't going to watch it anyway.

Cool.

Loke13

But the whole Season 1 were great. I had such a good time through the entire thing. :(
I'm sorry but you're the minority here most people on here thought that most of Season 1 was just really bad television. I will agree with the sentiments that Season 2 has greatly improved the show.

The real reason I haven't caught up is that I don't care at all about the MCU, I'm sort of hot and cold on most Marvel films (I've liked Cap 2 a lot and thought Avengers was fine) and I have no attachment to that world. I also have a million shows to watch, including classics like Deadwood and I need to finish The Wire. So yes, on day I could conceivably watch SHIELD, but that also means slogging through 14 of the "bad episodes" before "the Cap 2 twist" (and I'm not just going to skip something) and, at this point, that seems like an insurmountable task that will never come to fruition.

I don't care at all about the world, I don't really care about the story its trying to tell from what I've been able to read about its episodes, I think it's poorly cast, and there's too many episodes. It could be really good, but it doesn't really appeal to me.

I find the story about Hayley Atwell being a female agent in the 1940s running a covert spy operation much more interesting, because it feels like there's a purpose and storytelling potential that I never saw with SHIELD. And the cast of Agent Carter is on point.

Cool.

ENOUGH!! Go watch AOS Season 2!

Pachimari

I'm sorry but you're the minority here most people on here thought that most of Season 1 was just really bad television. I will agree with the sentiments that Season 2 has greatly improved the show.

I know I'm in the minority. Maybe I were just in the totally right mood at the time of watching. :)

Anyway, I really hope Agent Carter turns out well!

I enjoyed every episode of SHIELD S1, somehow. Still think that most of the criticism was wholly justified.

ENOUGH!! Go watch AOS Season 2!

As much as I like the show, I see Ivy's point. I'd recommend it to people who aren't huge MCU fans, but I'd hardly label it must viewing with so much good TV out there.

Agent Carter and the Netflix series are less closely tied to the film canon, so those might be a different story.

Mokujin

so can I just skip all of Season one of AOS? Season 1 was so bad I couldn't get through an episode. Agent Carter looks good, but her scene at the end of Cap 1 was so sad, then so was the one in 2.

I would say skip first 15 S1 episodes, watch 16-22 then S2, last episodes of S1 were quite decent and S2 gets even better, even if I hated most of S1 the shift in quality is real.

TheOddOne

Going to kick this one off early: It's that time again, you get to submit a thread title for the OT. Which I will claim is mine, laugh maniacally, and twirl my evil mustache while drinking milk. Oh wait, you’re not suppose to read that, I better scrap it before I hit reply. Have fun, and be creative.

Marvel's Agent Carter |OT| Hayley Atwell, Hayley Atwell, and Hayley Atwell - Tuesdays 8/7c
Marvel's Agent Carter |OT| [You should think of something to put here] - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom