• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s "Agent Carter" starring Hayley Atwell - 8 episode S1 premieres Tues, Jan 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

I hope that the shorter season means that they can spend more on the production cause Agents of Shield looks awful and it would suck if this looked as bad.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I hope that the shorter season means that they can spend more on the production cause Agents of Shield looks awful and it would suck if this looked as bad.
I'm pretty sure the One Shot set the standard that this show has to live up to. If it isn't better than that short in quality, the show is going to get destroyed by fans and critics alike.

jmood88

I'm pretty sure the One Shot set the standard that this show has to live up to. If it isn't better than that short in quality, the show is going to get destroyed by fans and critics alike.

Well, the Coulson one shots looked great but that didn't carry over to Agents of Shield.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Not sure if new or fan made, cool though.
Bn1k2AiCcAIng-X.png

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Now we just need to know how they'll split up the SHIELD season with this.

11/8/11

or

13/8/9

or something else.

Boem

Sorry for DP

AGENT CARTER to Feature Edwin Jarvis, aka Howard Stark’s Butler and Inspiration for Tony Stark’s AI
http://collider.com/agent-carter-jarvis-details-howard-stark-butler/#2LpFFf2CGY6grmWO.99

Heh, that's actually pretty fun.

Anyone who reads the comics: are there any villains that are heavily associated with that character/era that you expect to show up? I'm expecting Arnim Zola to show up at some point, maybe even as the series' big bad. Toby Jones isn't above playing smaller television parts, and there is some story left to tell after Captain America 1, and it would fit neatly in with (Winter Soldier/Agents of Shield spoilers)
what happened to him in Winter Soldier, and his role of the infiltration of Shield by Hydra - which is definitely something that's likely to be explored in the second season of Agents of Shield

I figure they'll do more with the Zodiac from the One Shot as well, but I have no idea if that exists in the comics and if that's associated with a certain villain.

Toa TAK

Banned
I am pumped for this show. Hopefully with the smaller episode count they can strike a good balance of character and action.

are they planning this to span multiple season? I mean, with the series set in the past, there's a limit to how long this can go, right?

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo
are they planning this to span multiple season? I mean, with the series set in the past, there's a limit to how long this can go, right?

If not, it would be cool to slot a limited series for a different character in between each season of SHIELD.

- Deadline: Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series ‘Marvel’s Agent Carter’
Enver Gjokaj is set to co-star opposite Hayley Atwell in Marvel’s Agent Carter, ABC’s new series designed to serve as a bridge between the fall and spring runs of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Inspired by the feature films Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, along with the short Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter, the series stars Captain America’s Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter. It’s 1946, and peace has dealt her a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert Strategic Scientific Reserve, Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life – Steve Rogers. Gjokaj will play the sweet and honorable Agent Daniel Sousa, a true war hero who has risked his life many times – resulting once in a crippling leg injury. Gjokaj, repped by ICM Partners, Suskin Management and Jackoway Tyreman, is an extended member of the Marvel family — he had a small part in The Avengers movie.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Hmm. "War hero"... I wonder if they'll retcon him as being a Howling Commando, and that'll be the husband she references in TWS?

Edit: wait, maybe I'm remembering it wrong, did she actually say her husband was a HC, or just that he was in the war? I think it was the latter actually. If so, I bet this is him.

nomis

Hmm. "War hero"... I wonder if they'll retcon him as being a Howling Commando, and that'll be the husband she references in TWS?

I don't think it'll take a retcon... pretty sure she didn't say she married a howling commando, just that her husband was one of the dudes rescued by Steve from the first hydra base.

DeathyBoy

Banned

Edit: wait, maybe I'm remembering it wrong, did she actually say her husband was a HC, or just that he was in the war? I think it was the latter actually. If so, I bet this is him.

I believe her husband was one of the men Steve saved from the Hydra camp.

And he saved a few hundred, so there's wiggle room.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It's absolutely criminal that he had to be rescued by Whedon, BTW.

If there was any justice in this world Enver would be among the hottest shit on cable TV right now.

I don't think it'll take a retcon... pretty sure she didn't say she married a howling commando, just that her husband was one of the dudes rescued by Steve from the first hydra base.

Yeah, I think you're right. I bet this is her love interest on the show, then.

I think we were just speculating that she might be Tripp's grandma at one point.

ivysaur12

Banned
It's absolutely criminal that he had to be rescued by Whedon, BTW.

If there was any justice in this world Enver would be among the hottest shit on cable TV right now.

Yup. Yes probably the most talented actor from the Whedon world (I wouldn't count Olivia Williams because she pre-famous/fabulous).

He kept getting pilots that never got ordered. Maybe this will finally give him his due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom