• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

From the Avengers: Infinity War set:

leJffWb.jpg

Pachimari

Stan Lee is there too, and was introduced at the Marvel Legends panel as well.

The Stan Lee montage for his Disney Legend Award:

Stan Lee's acceptance speech.

Stan Lee: "A kid around 8 or 10 who loved to read everything he could get his hands on. In those days he read the Hardy Boys, Tarzan, and Sherlock Holmes - little books he could buy inexpensively. One day in a book store he saw a book that was an expensive book. It was called 'The Art of Walt Disney'. I was that boy, and I couldn't afford that book. It drove me crazy, I wanted the book so badly. I saved my pennies and after a few months I bought that book. I loved that book. I loved Walt Disney. To me he was more than a man. He was an inspiration, he was something to reach for. To think that today I'm standing here in the house that Disney built - it's so thrilling, I can't tell you. I thank you all."

I thought we've seen set photos and/or props that are clearly human-sized. Am I misremembering?

I think you can see both of these characters in the Thor trailer standing behind Loki and Grandmaster. I don't think they're Celestials but they're clearly wearing Celestial armor. There are characters in the bar scene with Valkyrie also wearing similar Celestial armor.

That is, if there are other beings out there wearing armor bestowed by Celestials. In the comics I think Apocalypse is the only one we know of?

Or maybe they just used the Kirby Celestial designs to inspire some other characters. Which is fine because they look awesome.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
A third, previously unknown Russo, will emerge to help them finish the movie in their time of need.

Vic_Viper

So what is the offical/rumored schedule for the Netflix series coming out this year?

Is it Defenders in August, then Punisher towards the end of the year?

Any word on JJ S2 or DD S3?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Oh wow, they have to work full time like the rest of us. How sad.

Having to direct two wildly ambitious, big budget feature films back to back with probably the most extensive joint cast list in the history of film-making is probably a little more draining on a person than your average 9-5 day job, but sure.

So what is the offical/rumored schedule for the Netflix series coming out this year?

Is it Defenders in August, then Punisher towards the end of the year?

Any word on JJ S2 or DD S3?
Jessica Jones must be about halfway or 3/4 through principal photography and Daredevil hasn't even begun filming.

So, both are 2018, JJ before Daredevil.

The Kree

Banned
Having to direct two wildly ambitious, big budget feature films back to back with probably the most extensive joint cast list in the history of film-making is probably a little more draining on a person than your average 9-5 day job, but sure.

I doubt it. They have the job they want.

Pachimari

With all of these updates I can't contain my hype for the reveal of the Black Order, so I decided to start up the Infinity run for the first time, and I've just finished Avengers #14 and I have no idea what's going on. I think I see communication sites in different countries, huge cockroaches, creatures with square heads with four faces each, and some superheroes fighting off said creatures in Australia. Some of these heroes and their abilities I don't even know, so phew, what a mouthful.

...did they change the Captain Marvel logo again?
There are some old logos in there as well like the Spider-Man one, and I think the Avengers one, not sure though, which is why I refrained from posting it. But cool to see the Ant-Man logo, I honestly thought it looked the same as what we had seen before.

El Topo

I liked the first version of the Captain Marvel logo most, where bits and pieces were chipped away to reveal a bit of a metallic look beneath.

jph139

With all of these updates I can't contain my hype for the reveal of the Black Order, so I decided to start up the Infinity run for the first time, and I've just finished Avengers #14 and I have no idea what's going on. I think I see communication sites in different countries, huge cockroaches, creatures with square heads with four faces each, and some superheroes fighting off said creatures in Australia. Some of these heroes and their abilities I don't even know, so phew, what a mouthful.

Did you read the first two volumes of his Avengers? Honestly, Hickman's run is barely coherent for a new reader when you're going straight through... I can't imagine jumping in halfway.

Just keep in mind that he's a theme-first writer. His whole story from Avengers through to Secret Wars is about Life vs. Death. Everything else is just a weird esoteric extension of that theme.

(I just bought the Omnibus and man, all this Black Order talk has got me hyped to go back through... even if Infinity is probably the worst part of it.)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of the black order, when I was rewatching Avengers recently I noticed the chitauri dude that was mouthing off to Loki looked a hell of a lot like Corvus (I hadnt read the comics back when I firt watched the movie), they never said his name but is that who he was supposed to be and they were teasing the Black Order all the way back then?

latest

marvel-infinity-korvus-glaive.jpg

Some people on Twitter have apparently convinced themselves that the four covered D23 statues are the Fantastic Four rather than the Black Order, lol.

Top Bottom