• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Comics' 2012 crossover event: Avengers vs. X-Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you have been out. White Queen wanted to redeem herself, so Prof X had her and Banshee create Generation X. That blew up and she fell into some Summer's wang and now they are better characters for it. Fuck Jean Grey

Emma is a parody of herself IMO. I'd kill to have the real Jean back, Phoenix Force or no. She's one of my fave characters in comics. Emma is perfect for the shithead Scott.

That was a number of years ago, and it might not be possible for Cheung to draw as fast as he used to. IIRC, the Illuminati miniseries ran a few months late, and that was a bimonthly book written by Bendis, who's never been known for lateness with his scripts.

I don't see why not. And Bendis was over his head with books at that point.

I hope this reboots the Mutant Gene. I'd love to see Scott and Logan deal with a Morrison-level world of mutants with their philosophies.

And who was Phoenix? lol

Simply the best, better than all the rest.

309829-168993-jean-grey_super.jpg

FoneBone

I'm not sure I want Jean Grey to come back, but eight years is more than any of the other big comic deaths in the past decade have lasted.

And they are gonna double ship this? Wonder if they are going to continue to double ship the main x titles at the same time? Crazy brahs.

Slayven

If anyone should be the new Phoenix, it should be Rachel Grey. Of all the Summer's kids she have gotten the least among of love.

If anyone should be the new Phoenix, it should be Rachel Grey. Of all the Summer's kids she have gotten the least among of love.

I've always loved Rachel but really only as an adjunct to Jean. I would rather she get the push than </spit> Hope.

What's your problem with Hope?

All in my opinion:

1) I hate "no more mutants" She wouldn't exist if not for Bendis' Folly.
2) Hope feels like Cable written as a girl. Now I say girl but I've read nothing to suggest she's remotely female.
3) She exists solely to taunt those who love Jean, but is a pale shadow. Red hair/green eyes/dead soul.
4) There are better shelved/underused characters that could have been spotlighted rather than make yet another character.

Crossover ending prediction:
Hope channels the Phoenix Force and unlocks the mutants gene across the world.

Look at all that mindless destruction! No wonder everyone in MU hates these guys, they fight each other just as much as they fight the actual bad guys!

All in my opinion:

1) I hate "no more mutants" She wouldn't exist if not for Bendis' Folly.
2) Hope feels like Cable written as a girl. Now I say girl but I've read nothing to suggest she's remotely female.
3) She exists solely to taunt those who love Jean, but is a pale shadow. Red hair/green eyes/dead soul.
4) There are better shelved/underused characters that could have been spotlighted rather than make yet another character.

Crossover ending prediction:
Hope channels the Phoenix Force and unlocks the mutants gene across the world.

If you've read Gillen's run on Generation Hope and still hate her, well, to each his own.

As for the bolded - well, it was a Bendis event comic with all the flaws we've come to expect from them. But M-Day was inarguably Quesada's idea every bit as much as One More Day was. He's called the Spider-marriage and the size of the mutant population "genies" that he'd wanted to put back in the bottle ever since he became EIC.

I figured!

:D

To me it makes sense storywise as well.
Hope is supposed to be the Mutant Savior. She has links to Jean and (lesser meta point), it would make up for keeping Bishop around way longer than his storyline ever suggested.

Ooh ooh and the opening book
starts with Scarlet Witch to put her in front of those not up to date on these matters so they can do away with "No More Mutants" at the end.

To me it makes sense storywise as well.
Hope is supposed to be the Mutant Savior. She has links to Jean and (lesser meta point), it would make up for keeping Bishop around way longer than his storyline ever suggested.

Totally. It would definitely fit/make sense/be big enough to justify this whole shlamazel.

Xater

Avengers (Main Team):

- Cap America
- Hawkeye
- Protector
- Iron Man
- Red Hulk
- Spider Woman
- Storm
- Vision
- Quake

New Avengers :

- Luke Cage
- Spider Man
- Wolverine
- Iron Fist
- Mockingbird
- Ms Marvel
- Power Woman
- The Thing
- Dr. Strange
- Daredevil

X Men (Cyclops Team) :

- Cyclops
- Emma frost
- Magneto
- Colossus
- Magik
- Psylocke
- Domino
- Storm
- Warpath
- Sebastian shaw
- Hope Summers
- Nate grey
- Sunspot
- Warlock
- Moonstar
- Namor

You know, I am reading current Marvel and I still don#t understand why there isn't just one Avengers team.

lo5Jz.jpg

Bendis will never live down his style of writing dialogue, that's why.

And this event definitely excites me.

What's to live down? Bendis is fucking awesome. His style is what completely got me addicted to Marvel in the early 2000s. Daredevil with Maleev is probably my favorite series. A hair over Millar's OG Ultimates.

What's to live down? Bendis is fucking awesome. His style is what completely got me addicted to Marvel in the early 2000s. Daredevil with Maleev is probably my favorite series. A hair over Millar's OG Ultimates.

Everyone in his comics talks like that now.

His Alias is my fave all time Marvel series. I loved his Daredevil run.

He doesn't write like that anymore.

JJD

I hate Bendis. Worst Wolverine writer ever. His version of Logan is a disrespect to fans of the character.

Edit: His daredevil run was indeed great.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Looking at the current roster, I say the X-Men have this in the bag if it's a straight up brawl.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What the fuck happened with Team Cyclops and Team Wolverine? I'm guessing this is disjointed Cyclops X-men attacking the Avengers with Wolverine's X-men supporting the Avengers, which he is a member of as well.

So is Earth going to be destroyed if Hope gets Phoenix? Can't see the Avengers just going to fight the X-men without a reason like that, and I can't see Wolverine wanting to hurt someone like Hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom