• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2015 |OT2| I have, like, a Gazillion heroes

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Hi everybody,

We take reports like this very seriously, and actively investigate each one. We are currently working on an item restoration process and it is being tested on Test Center now, but it's not a simple thing given the way our database works, and we want to make sure it's working perfectly before we do it. It is not a simple matter of rolling an account back.

As always, I want to remind you that you should never use the same login information on multiple sites. Including 3rd party Marvel Heroes related sites. It's a bad idea all around.

With that said, please keep in mind that when we investigate these reports, if we find that you are lying to us about being hacked, we will take serious action against your account. I promise you, it is very clear in our logs if you are not being honest when something like this is reported. All you will succeed in doing is wasting our time, which hurts our overall effort with item restoration, and we do not take it lightly.

good lukc guys lol

Spoit

What is your rotation? Also you will need a cosmic Doom medal.

Yeah. I'm using cosmic doom.

I refresh the buffs whenever the seal goes down (even though I know some of the others are on a shorter cooldown, it's harder to see them), and toss out the dots when the fangs counter gets to like 2 seconds, otherwise, it's just fangs sp\am

KePoW

Banned
Spider-Man 2099. I'd love him to be playable but that would be some way off. A costume could/should be much sooner.

I am still surprised that he wasn't one of the first Spidey costumes though.

ah okay thx never read that series

is this Miguel guy at least.... uhh, how should I say. what's his ethnicity? he's not like the Ultimate Spider-Man?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You sure showed me! It was so awesome for you to jump in and protect poor Kepow! The people's champion! The white knight in shining armor! Your opinion > my opinion! Congrats!

Sure thing pal!

lets put it like this in icemans current form ill get more iceman feeling by playing a ice wizard in diablo 3.

iceman feels like a icey cyclops. they concentrated far to much on melee and have given him too many channeleling cyclop beam skills

Well that's going to be a given. Blizzard has fleshed out the classes in D3 to ridiculous extents. Playing Hawkeye after spending thousands of hours on my Demon Hunter makes me want to commit suicide. I agree that the emphasis on channeled beams for Iceman needs to go. Frozen Orb needs to be his ranged bread and butter, and it needs to be modified to have an explosion sweet spot. That will be the skill that makes ranged Iceman fun and worth playing, or just an inferior Cyke. We have over a week to hammer that point to the devs, so there's still hope.

Nooooo!

@Ryolnir

Just saw that. It's crazy how such an iconic costume is being ignored for so long. You'd think that and Iron Spider would've been released by now.

ah okay thx never read that series

is this Miguel guy at least.... uhh, how should I say. what's his ethnicity? he's not like the Ultimate Spider-Man?

Mexican/Irish descent.

tumblr_m9pi5mY8rC1r5f4bco1_250.jpg

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's going to be a given. Blizzard has fleshed out the classes in D3 to ridiculous extents. Playing Hawkeye after spending thousands of hours on my Demon Hunter makes me want to commit suicide. I agree that the emphasis on channeled beams for Iceman needs to go. Frozen Orb needs to be his ranged bread and butter, and it needs to be modified to have an explosion sweet spot. That will be the skill that makes ranged Iceman fun and worth playing, or just an inferior Cyke. We have over a week to hammer that point to the devs, so there's still hope.

Just saw that, it's crazy how such an iconic costume is being ignored for so long. You'd think that and Iron Spider would've been released by now.

i just want ice storms ice shard skills and things it makes sense or blocks of ice etc.

and your blizzard excuse is poor. its fucking iceman not fucking beam man. the dude is in a shit place right and i dont mean dps or that wise i mean he sucks as a range hero who should have some fancy ice visuals and stuff not have a melee spec being better than his range spec. oh and a stupid summon golem with nothing to go with it

Just saw that. It's crazy how such an iconic costume is being ignored for so long. You'd think that and Iron Spider would've been released by now.

I'm actually not a fan or Iron Spider but you're right that they're both two of Spidey's best costumes (even though Miguel =/= Peter).

The devs had hinted that they were going to do something in-game for the Spider-verse comic thing and I had hoped we'd get a surprise release of it then but they just seemed to forget about doing anything for that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The whole idea of an ice beam is kind of weird. I mean, ice is a solid. How do you shoot a beam of it? I know he can't not have ice beams because it is super iconic, but I think Iceman as a playable hero would overall be a bit cooler if he was sort of an icey version of Magneto; tossing big, solid chunks of ice around or channeling thousands of little icicles.

It's at least more interesting than ice cyclops, as Queen pointed out.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The whole idea of an ice beam is kind of weird. I mean, ice is a solid. How do you shoot a beam of it? I know he can't not have ice beams because it is super iconic, but I think Iceman as a playable hero would overall be a bit cooler if he was sort of an icey version of Magneto; tossing big, solid chunks of ice around or channeling thousands of little icicles.

It's at least more interesting than ice cyclops, as Queen pointed out.

thank you

instead ill ice punch them

lol

This I definitely agree with. How is there not an ice shard barrage attack? That would make much more sense than his focused beam. Also Ice Slick is a very boring AoE dot. He should have an icicle rain move ala Storm instead. Better visuals.

so u DO turn off all your sound effects! u freak!!1

I think he just like Led Zeppelin, that's all lol

Oh he likes them all right! I'm sulking over here with my tail between my legs. Luckily, I discovered this forum has really cool functions that let me curate garbage out of a thread, and I took full advantage of it.

Also, stop trolling me and tell me who is good from the new characters? Magneto was good times through 30 last night...seems like an AOE monster. I don't really care for the visuals.

KePoW

Banned
Also, stop trolling me and tell me who is good from the new characters? Magneto was good times through 30 last night...seems like an AOE monster. I don't really care for the visuals.

Lol I already told you last night

Venom and... hmm who else did I say, I already forgot

Anoregon

Oh he likes them all right! I'm sulking over here with my tail between my legs. Luckily, I discovered this forum has really cool functions that let me curate garbage out of a thread, and I took full advantage of it.

I'll take that to mean I'm ignored, in which case everything L O fucking L.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I likw how they say you shouldnt use the same login information on multple sites...and yet the login information for marvel is the same as the fucking forum

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I likw how they say you shouldnt use the same login information on multple sites...and yet the login information for marvel is the same as the fucking forum

i brought that up before when inky and that got hacked when there was a huge blow up about it last year.

everyone laughed at me,

ive just made a new thread quoting agentparks cos hes saying its a bad idea to use same password etc on other place. well im sure its a bad idea for your forums to use same password cos if they are hacked so is your game account.

pretty much the only mmo or official game forum i know that doesnt use seperate passwords/account for in game to forum

Lol I already told you last night

Venom and... hmm who else did I say, I already forgot

Venom is still my favourite, great damage and visuals. Though I'm finding myself using Hulk for Dailies now he's so ridiculously OP (as he should be haha).

I still enjoy Psylocke too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i brought that up before when inky and that got hacked when there was a huge blow up about it last year.

everyone laughed at me,

ive just made a new thread quoting agentparks cos hes saying its a bad idea to use same password etc on other place. well im sure its a bad idea for your forums to use same password cos if they are hacked so is your game account.

pretty much the only mmo or official game forum i know that doesnt use seperate passwords/account for in game to forum

one of the
many
reasons I dont use the forums

Hey look, his Signature.

are you saying his golem is his sig? does that mean its not perma like Groot?

are you saying his golem is his sig? does that mean its not perma like Groot?

His Sig is him doing literally what he does in that gif. Creates a clone of himself doing a thumbs up pose, which explodes after a couple seconds. And his summon (singular) only lasts 15 seconds.

Rhaknar

His Sig is him doing literally what he does in that gif. Creates a clone of himself doing a thumbs up pose, which explodes after a couple seconds. And his summon (singular) only lasts 15 seconds.

stop designing shit characters frost. seriously tho, both those things sound lame. whats the cooldown on the golem? :/

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Ryolnir closed my thread with this
sounds like he missed my point ?
The forums are not separate from the Marvel Heroes platform. The forums do not have any of your data. You are logging into the website. Go log out of the forums and try to log in. The login page is the MarvelHeroes.com auth page. You do not have a separate forum account, it simply uses your Marvel Heroes account.

Closed to avoid further misinformation.

yea i know it uses my marvel heroes account ryolnir thats the fucking problem lol

Ya that's why I said it isn't ever demanded, same as omegas but obviously they help a lot.

This might have changed over the past two months with reviews, but when I last played your omega level was second only to picking a strong character with a good build to pumping out big damage. Hell, you can take pre-review Punisher with 7,500 omega points and destroy stuff.

Dec

I actually think you guys are misunderstanding how their forums work.

He is saying that when you sign into the forums you are signing into Marvel Heroes, they then direct you to the Vanilla powered forums, meaning Vanilla only ever sees your username.

You are signing into the same server when you log in on the forums as you do when you log in to the main website, it's just a redirect that determines where you go afterwards.

This might have changed over the past two months with reviews, but when I last played your omega level was second only to picking a strong character with a good build to pumping out big damage. Hell, you can take pre-review Punisher with 7,500 omega points and destroy stuff.

Omegas increase your damage drastically, and having a high level ultimate would increase the damage you deal in a raid encounter by a lot too, they just aren't ever listed as requirements to join pugs is what I mean. Also by this point most people doing red raids have sufficient omegas that raid leaders don't need to worry about it. Damage across the board has also increased a lot over the past few months.

Omegas increase your damage drastically, and having a high level ultimate would increase the damage you deal in a raid encounter by a lot too, they just aren't ever listed as requirements to join pugs is what I mean. Also by this point most people doing red raids have sufficient omegas that raid leaders don't need to worry about it. Damage across the board has also increased a lot over the past few months.

Yeah, I saw a complaint on the main forum that Punisher's new signature (which still hasn't been tuned properly) only does five million damage. FIVE MILLION! That power creep.

Dec

Yeah, I saw a complaint on the main forum that Punisher's new signature (which still hasn't been tuned properly) only does five million damage. FIVE MILLION! That power creep.

People used to go crazy over Moon Knights 9m brutal sigs. Now he hits like 15m, Caps sig hits 14+m in a huge aoe.

The power creep is real, we just need danger room and harder content at this point.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
ohhhh dam

gDUtO0m.png

5lK5vbZ.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/2x5l1b/gazillion_induce_not_use_marvelheroesinfo_this/

basically this is all started because a few guys on reddit made dummy accounts for the game with a brand new email and played them for few weeks. they then signed up to marvel info with same data as there dummy account. and put on the account some items like gotk etc. within 48 hours the account was hacked

http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/2v7www/stop_using_marvelheroesinfo_and_remove_from/

Anoregon

Oof. I'm really glad I never actually made an account there now.

inky

Well, I definitely never made an account there, so mine wasn't because of that.

I never even put it in the OT links because I wasn't sure about it.

Rhaknar

Well, I definitely never made an account there, so mine wasn't because of that.

I never even put it in the OT links because I wasn't sure about it.

I know who stole your stuff

it-was-me-austin-o.gif

Top Bottom