• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Angela - Assassin build

Very little changes since she came out recently, the best part is that the ribbons are part of her base kit with the new talents, so you always have them attacking. There's actually quite a few talents that buff them too. Rest is about the same, she seems like a huge spirit hog now tho, I actually had to switch out my filler for a basic.

Ant Man - Melee build

Right off the bat, has a new vehicle throwing movie like magneto, I guess to emulate that scene from civil war, you can even talent it to have a dot (and throw a actual tanker like the movie). The rest is about the same, but with the new solo skill bar, I cant fit in the invh high good bye / fistful of ants combo (and its not a combo unless you talent it anyway) so im actually using the tanker instead. You can talent one of the ant aoe areas to be huge which is cool.

Cable - dot build

Nothing is a dot unless talented anymore! Fully talented tho he has a million of them (well 4). The old synergies are gone so its easier to make a hybrid build now. Oh you can make viper beam into hyper viper beam (Mahvel baby) which is bigger, more dmg and a cooldown, but still a channel which is always weird to fit in rotations, should have been instant like the bigger unibeam on ironman.

Doctor Strange - dot build

Probably the biggest victim of the solo skill bar, Strange feels more normal now and less like you are writting an essay when you play him. His actual gameplay didnt change much, you are still chaining cooldowns for them to reset. Some cool new things, you can talent icy tendrils to summon a ice golem, and you can talent seal of vishanti to summon a mindless one. In fact, you can also talent seal of vishanti (thats the big ground buff) to lose its buff properties and explode, essencially becoming a huge aoe damage skill (which with the other talent, also summons a minion for a bit). His talent choices are a bit odd tho because its usually a damage talent vs a couple of utility talents, and lets face it, nobody takes the utility stuff lol. I actually like him a lot, he feels more focused now, less random. But im a pet fanboy and anything that gets pets, even if just visually, gets bonus points with me.

Iceman - summon build

Iceman got some nice summoner changes so of course I like him more. He has a chance to summon mini golems from his powers, ice orb now gets more dmg from your summon dmg and is a cooldown that roams around the area (kinda like the invisible woman spiky balls), the signature spawns 3 mini golems, theres a nice talent that gives your health regen if you stand on ice slicks (thats the ground ice aoe that you should always have up) and shatter lance has a cooldown which makes much more sense since you only really want to use it on chilled targets. Very nice changes.

Thats it for tonight.

Mulgrok

summoner squirrel is a bit of mess

2 melee and 1 ranged attack get large bonuses with squirrels. But squirrel is fragile as hell until geared and infinitied up, so no on melee for a while.

they are getting ddos right lol probs someone upset over changes

When a single cosmic shocker in terminal takes over 2 minutes to defeat yea there is huge problems.

Killing in 5 seconds yea is stupid but this isn't ideal. The game n content are far to slow now. Cinsider me done i can say

I played a bit earlier. I always forget how returning to MH basically feels like I'm just mashing buttons and hoping shit dies. Takes a while to get used to things again.

I really like that they updated a lot of the skill effects.

What about their accounts? You can sell them for a small fortune (probably) (maybe).

I would totally sell my account for any reasonable offer at this point. Just remove the temptation to keep logging in altogether. Although I do love to bitch about this game.

Inky's right though, and it's what everyone has been saying for months. All they've done is make the game slower and less fun, they haven't actually bothered to make the content worth engaging with, which is the crucial puzzle piece that's missing here. It's backwards as fuck. Should never have launched this without a total loot overhaul. The fact that relics are still the same system with like 50+ heroes now is so dumb. They just don't have a clue what they're doing.

reprot this bithc

:::::::::::::/”\
::::::::::::|\:/|
::::::::::::|:::|
::::::::::::|:~|
:::::::::/’\|:::|/’\::
:::::/”\|:::|:::|:::|:\
::::|:::[@]:::|:::|::\
::::|:::|:::|:::|:::|:::\
::::|:~:~::~::~:|::::)
::::|:::::::::::::::::::/
:::::\:::::::::::::::::/
::::::\:::::::::::::::/

Indignate

reprot this bithc

:::::::::::::/”\
::::::::::::|\:/|
::::::::::::|:~|
:::::::::/’\|:::|/’\::
:::::/”\|:::|:::|:::|:\
::::|:::[@]:::|:::|::\
::::|:::|:::|:::|:::|:::\
::::|:~:~::~::~:|::::)
::::|:::::::::::::::::::/
:::::\:::::::::::::::::/
::::::\:::::::::::::::/

image.php

LordGraySkull

Neo Member
The fact that relics are still the same system with like 50+ heroes now is so dumb. They just don't have a clue what they're doing.

They just keep passing this fucken game around to different devs with their own agendas like a damn hot potato. Too many dumbass cooks in the kitchen, took chicken salad and made chicken shit.

Man, I'll give it to Gaz, they killed any interest I seem to have anymore with this shit. Been around since 2nd week launch and I've never stopped playing nor wanted to...till now.

Logged in to find all that horseshit they put into inventory, got that crap sorted, then looked at the characters.

I really can't find it in myself to regear all these characters to spend longer and have a harder time running the same shit i mowed through two days ago. It's the same goddamn shit. it's been the same goddamn shit for years.

I've killed Onslaught fucken countless times, waiting for a new challenge, a new boss to take on with a team. No, not gonna get that.

I like raids myself, always have. I wanted the Thanos or Apocalypse raids. looking forward to that. Fuck that shit though, people rather run hightown or CMM till the damn servers close.

Really they wanted to make a new game, but the half assed it and are just trying to squeeze 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. So many things over the years promised and abandoned. I was looking forward to the next omega sections opening, nah fuck that, lets replace it with the plainest looking shit possible. Really they should have just changed the damn power points, tweaked the items and artifacts, left omega in place and tweaked it a bit more, and really fucked off with that movement change shit.

Maledict

So logged in after not playing for a while. I have absolutely no idea what anything does or is now, and my inventory is overloaded with vast amounts of stuff.

They really need to take a chainsaw to this game, and remove half the systems in it. It's far, far too overloaded with different currencies and items right now, and the new powers system feels so different to the old one and very confusing if you are coming back to the game. world of Warcraft built in a system for older players coming back to the game to ease them into the new systems and what has changed, and they should do that with this as well.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm probably just going to prestige most of the dudes I feel like playing. I find it to be a more fun way to get reacquainted with a character.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol. That's.....not good.....

I liked being able to power up specific abilities.

There's isn't really a meaningful difference, though. Instead of just spending 2 minutes maxing every skill on your bar whenever you swap specs, everything on your bar is just maxed by default.

Deadstar

There's isn't really a meaningful difference, though. Instead of just spending 2 minutes maxing every skill on your bar whenever you swap specs, everything on your bar is just maxed by default.

It means I can't over power a specific skill when I could before. Yes, you could only put a certain # of points into the skill, but it gave you the feeling that you are building your character. Now that everything is set to max power, it makes it all feel meaningless.

I'll jump in to test it but this sounds real bad.

It means I can't over power a specific skill when I could before. Yes, you could only put a certain # of points into the skill, but it gave you the feeling that you are building your character. Now that everything is set to max power, it makes it all feel meaningless.

You could never "over power" a skill though, they were capped at 50 and more or less balanced around that. Not like you could beef up any attack you wanted to to be your main damage dealer.

Itemization *is* bland as hell though, but that's a larger problem. The skill tree update itself is probably the only good thing about this update.

Anoregon

It means I can't over power a specific skill when I could before.

You couldn't though. The game was balanced around skills being at max level. Getting them there isn't "over powering" them. It's just setting your spec.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

yeah, you are making zero sense, but since people are just piling up on this for everything now, might aswell just mkae shit up to bash it aswell, why not.

Xevren

Things feel weird, like I get that they wanted to get this pushed out but with how long things are taking and with the rewards being what they are it kind of stinks. It's neat kinda seeing what characters can do now with the rework, but don't really see myself getting too invested until maybe omega items are out.

I cleaned up my inventory, for some reason I had like 7 ultimate upgrades, a bunch of fortune cards, ghost boxes, all kinds of nonsense I have no idea where it came from. I'm gonna actually play the game at some point, I swear.

Rhaknar

I'd like to at least give the game an honest shot again but I'm looking at at least an hour of inventory management, in a game already bloated with too many items and too much inventory management. No thanks, I'll just peace out. In the end, it's still the same game, but slower, and with more boring itemization, until they add Omegas, and then what, the power creep starts again? Until they decide on yet another game-wide rebalance? Nah fam, I'm good.
I cleaned up my inventory, for some reason I had like 7 ultimate upgrades, a bunch of fortune cards, ghost boxes, all kinds of nonsense I have no idea where it came from. I'm gonna actually play the game at some point, I swear.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

ok so instead of doing the levelling game again since this whole thing seems fucked, I'm going to finally pick a level 60 and work on end game gearing and raids and all that shit

did anything in this patch change towards that and what do I do? I have level 60 uniques in every slot but its never made much sense what the loop should be to get any of this to higher

I want to play either x-23, hawkguy, or psylocke (in that order)

x-23 is my best geared, whats the step after uniques?

inky

x-23 is my best geared, whats the step after uniques?

Good rolls on those uniques so you can put an enchantment on them.
Good artifacts (usually rare, boss specific ones. Can be acquired more easily from red boxes)
Blessings on those artifacts
Legendary item
Ring, Medallion, Insignia (cosmic version at least)
Cosmic Catalyst (costume core) and affixes on it
Uru item with a runeword on it
A stack of relics. 250 is fine, 500 stack is good, 1k stack is obviously the best
Start rerolling your pet's affixes to suit your build.

And obvioulsy make sure you are taking advantage of Infinity system, team ups and synergies.

Logged in after 3 months.

So...my Silver Surfer movement build is unusable now.

What's the rationale behind adding a CD behind movement abilities?

Rhaknar

Logged in after 3 months.

So...my Silver Surfer movement build is unusable now.

What's the rationale behind adding a CD behind movement abilities?

Its not on movement abilities, its on dashes, and I doubt you were spamming his dash more than you can now between the rest of the cooldowns you use in the rotation. All the heroes ive tried where you need to sneak a dash in (like all the stealth heroes where you have to dash to stealth every 3 or 4 seconds for example) are still the same.

Moving around dashing / teleporting is dead tho.

Top Bottom