• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

You're missing the context. The PC version has been stagnant for a year. Instead of new content, they've gone back and redone swaths of old content for no real reason than to have it look slightly nicer for the console release. The last batch of heroes have been vomited out as quickly as possible with little in the way of innovation we saw during the first two years.

PC players have been waiting a year, hoping all this was going to have a payoff.

Now they find out the payoff is something they won't even benefit from. The devs have come out and said none of the console improvements are scheduled to be implemented on the PC anytime soon. They've sort of vaguely said they have "plans" for the PC version, but it doesn't take a detective to figure out they've gone all in on the console version and left their PC base stranded.

There's literally nothing planned for the PC version right now. No new characters, content, improvements, nothing.

But stagnant in what way? Do you mean a lack of new, high level content to be released?

So they are upset that development went into a new platform version as opposed to new content for the PC.

THAT I can understand but I still don't understand why people are upset that they can't transfer their accounts over to consoles. They have been able to use the content they purchased this whole time while they have been playing the PC version.

It's a complaint.

I'm not sure it's a legitimate one.

People spent money to buy characters and costumes in order to use them in a game on the PC. I'm assuming they were able to use them on the PC. I'm not aware of any promises to the player base that said, "Hey if we ever start the game on another platform, all of the things you bought is transferrable."

They might have...I don't follow it that closely aside from playing the game on my PC.

As much as it is possible they are not transferring the account data across to consoles out of greed, it's altogether possible that it is due to another reason or a number of reasons that would make it not worth the time needed to figure it out.

I honestly don't know but I suspect the game wasn't made for consoles so as to transfer a number of players from PC to console.

The game was developed to bring in more players. The ones that do not or cannot play the game on PC.

Gazillion doesn't owe you anything other than what you paid for on the platform it was intended to be played on.

Is there a group of Destiny players that are angry over not being able to transfer their emotes and ornaments they bought on their Xbox Ones over to their accounts that are on the PS4?

I really...really don't understand what people are upset about.

New game.
New platform.

New accounts.

Again, if you think this is because people want account transfers, you've missed the point. A lot of the account transfer talk is because people can see their ship sinking and want a life boat to take them to the next one instead of having to go down with the ship.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's a complaint.

People spent money to buy characters and costumes in order to use them in a game on the PC. I'm assuming they were able to use them on the PC. I'm not aware of any promises to the player base that said, "Hey if we ever start the game on another platform, all of the things you bought is transferrable."

They might have...I don't follow it that closely aside from playing the game on my PC.

As much as it is possible they are not transferring the account data across to consoles out of greed, it's altogether possible that it is due to another reason or a number of reasons that would make it not worth the time needed to figure it out.

I honestly don't know but I suspect the game wasn't made for consoles so as to transfer a number of players from PC to console.

The game was developed to bring in more players. The ones that do not or cannot play the game on PC.

Gazillion doesn't owe you anything other than what you paid for on the platform it was intended to be played on.

Is there a group of Destiny players that are angry over not being able to transfer their emotes and ornaments they bought on their Xbox Ones over to their accounts that are on the PS4?

New game.
New platform.

New accounts.

You are still absolutely missing the point. At issue is the fact that the PC players have essentially been funding the development of something they will not benefit from, at the expense of the game they do play. Content development/releases for the past year or so have absolutely suffered as developer focus shifted to the console release.

So not only did the PC players pay the price in that they got less quantity and quality of content, but they also are not benefiting from any of the additions and improvements that are going into the console version, many of which have been explicitly requested for years. At best we have an incredibly vague, non-committal "we'll tell you guys about some stuff sometime later".

If you think it's unreasonable for people to be a bit peeved at this, then I don't know what to tell you.

This. Us PC players aren't pissed off to just be petty at console players - we're not that pathetic. We have legitimate grievances.

To an extent, I suppose but Gazillion is under no obligation to put money paid by the PC players into resources that involves updating Marvel Heroes on the PC.

They could use that money to make a new game. One that isn't Marvel and one that isn't on PC and I would wager people wouldn't be as upset.

Lothars

It's a complaint.

New game.
New platform.

New accounts.
You don't understand what people are complaining about because you don't know what your talking about especially when you equate it to destiny things not transfering over.

This game was made on PC but like others have said it's been stagnent on PC for a year now and the characters they have brought out are not well done. The content in the console version should be in the PC version as well. The character transfer sucks and is something I think they should have done something for us PC players who are interested in the console versions without having to rebuy anything.

This is the case of a developer screwing the existing fanbase for a fanbase that doesn't exist right now.

You are still absolutely missing the point. At issue is the fact that the PC players have essentially been funding the development of something they will not benefit from, at the expense of the game they do play. Content development/releases for the past year or so have absolutely suffered as developer focus shifted to the console release.

So not only did the PC players pay the price in that they got less quantity and quality of content, but they also are not benefiting from any of the additions and improvements that are going into the console version, many of which have been explicitly requested for years.

If you think it's unreasonable for people to be a bit peeved at this, then I don't know what to tell you.

Its quite sad. Gazillion has been so great since the game released. I was there for Day 1, have almost 400 hours into the game and have put probably around $150 into it gladly because of their awesome F2P model that I felt should be rewarded.

Now, development has outright stopped for PC, they are refusing to let PC players have their purchases on PS4 even though it would be extremely simple to do since its account based, and we are left twiddling our thumbs....

My opinion of Gazillion has changed drastically with this. They won awards for their F2P model and consumer appreciation. What they are doing right now is the complete opposite. If you are not going to update the PC version, at least let those players move over to PS4 with their purchases.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Clearly I am.

I'll pull the ripcord here and people can keep being angry.

Good talk.

888.jpg

War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.
Does this mean the War Machine Founders Pack, and thus closed beta access, will be available to every PS+ member?

Holy fuck that is a lot of money.

Edit: shit $70 frekin dunkaroos for Spider-Man and the X-Men? fuck me sideways.
I guess the point isn't to buy everything but to buy whatever you're comfortable with, use the in game money you get on top of that to buy other characters, and "work" toward the others. That's how I understand the economy at least.

Iron Fist and the Spider-Man Symbiote Enhanced are time-exclusives. You can acquire them by getting all the Founder's Packs available on the PSN.

Am I reading this right? you have to buy $200 worth of content to unlock 2 extra characters? wtf.

schaft0620

Does this mean the War Machine Founders Pack, and thus closed beta access, will be available to every PS+ member?

There is not going to be a War Machine Founders Pack this weekend.

EDIT:

Founder's Packs for the PS4

Avenger's Founder's Pack - $59.99

Captain American, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Iron Man, and Thor.
Default + Bonus Costumes
10 Combo Boosts
$20 worth of G's

X-Men's Founder's Pack - $59.99

Wolverine, Jean Grey, Storm, Beast, Iceman, and Psylocke.
Default + Bonus Costumes
10 Combo Boosts
$20 worth of G's

Guardian's Founder's Pack - $39.99

Star-Lord
Rocket Raccoon
Default + Bonus Costumes
5 Combo Boosts
$10 worth of G's

Spider-Man Founder's Pack - $19.99

Spider-Man
Default + Civil War Costume
1 XP Boost
$5 worth of G's

Deadpool Founder's Pack - $19.99

Deadpool
Default + Zen Costume
1 XP Boost
$5 worth of G's

Exclusives

Iron Fist and the Spider-Man Symbiote Enhanced are time-exclusives. You can acquire them by getting all the Founder's Packs available on the PSN.
DareDevil will be a PSN Exclusive meaning that once we are in Open Beta, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free. He won't be available in Closed Beta.
War Machine is a PS+ Exclusive. If you are a PS+ member, you can head to the PSN store and grab him for free.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Needing to buy something to access a closed beta for a f2p game is shady as shit too, let's be honest

Ferny

Needing to buy something to access a closed beta for a f2p game is shady as shit too, let's be honest

Such as preordering a game to gain access to a beta?

I mean you're getting the characters and all that after it launches and the game IS going into open beta soon after that.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You don't have to have early access if you don't want it.
I don't want it, I doubt I'll even return to the game never mind playing the console version
Such as preordering a game to gain access to a beta?

I mean you're getting the characters and all that after it launches and the game IS going into open beta soon after that.

They did it with the PC version too. Buying a founder's pack gave you access to the beta.
both of which are shady imo

hank_tree

Gonna assume it's a no but any chance that accounts/characters/progress can be shared across Xbox and ps4? Have friends on both that I'd like to play with.

jmizzal

I'll prob pay $59 on the X-Men pack, then that will be all the real money I spend since thats the amount a normal games cost anyways.

I didnt spend a dime on the PC version, my laptop wasnt great but I enjoyed the what I played and they allowed you to choose a lot of characters for free up until a certain level.

I will sink a good amount of time in this on Xbox one, hope the beta comes soon

PepperedHam

I don't think anyone is saying it's new but charging users to test your game just because they get a Spider-man or some extra glitter isn't any less lame.

I'm a fan of sign ups for your test of a game that costs 0 dollars to begin with.

I don't think anyone is saying it's new but charging users to test your game just because they get a Spider-man or some extra glitter isn't any less lame.

I'm a fan of sign ups for your test of a game that costs 0 dollars to begin with.

Majority of the people paying to get into beta just want to try the game early, not actually help test the game. They aren't charging for testers.

So when can I play this? I have to buy something on psn store to get into the closed beta? As in I can be playing tonight? Then I'll buy said thing today.

Zen Mu

Am I reading this right? you have to buy $200 worth of content to unlock 2 extra characters? wtf.

They did that on PC as well for that Spider-Man costume, it was exclusive to the 200 dollar founder's pack. Can't remember if that pack had a timed exclusive character or not though.

They'll be sold separately later on. No timetable as to when.

Iron Fist will for sure, but I seriously doubt the Spidey symbiote costume will ever be sold separately. Was founder's pack exclusive on PC and still hasn't ever been re-sold (and most likely never will be according to Gaz).

both of which are shady imo

You're not wrong, but it's not like this is the first time this has happened with a f2p game on PSN or XBL. And it definitely happens all the time on PC.

Whats the endgame like on this?

jksimmonslaughing.gif

On PC it's basically dead. It's just farming one type of content for the drop you want over and over again. That means you're either in a public patrol zone for hours on end, or you're running short dungeons solo (or in a group if you want) over and over again. There's a raid but it's ancient at this point and pretty much trivial. They said they were gonna do a Thanos raid ages ago but it never materialized. A lack of endgame is one of the biggest problems. To compound that, whenever they release a promising new endgame mode, like Danger Room, it gets little to no iteration and is soon irrelevant or unfun or both.

I wouldn't mind any of these practices if the prices were just adjusted. Looking at them now, they seem exorbantly overpriced.

The $60 packs are sort of in line with what you can get on PC and a decent value if you're going to play the game long term. The others are overpriced even compared to Gaz's standards.

So when can I play this? I have to buy something on psn store to get into the closed beta? As in I can be playing tonight? Then I'll buy said thing today.

Tomorrow. PSN store usually updates in the afternoons, I wouldn't get your hopes up about midnight.

So what carries over after the closed beta? I'll probably bite and pay the 20 for my spidey.

The things included in whichever Founder's Pack you buy carries over, but all progress will be reset. Any G's you spend will be refunded. Anything you bought with the earned in-game currency won't.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Iron Fist will for sure, but I seriously doubt the Spidey symbiote costume will ever be sold separately. Was founder's pack exclusive on PC and still hasn't ever been re-sold (and most likely never will be according to Gaz).
It was confirmed to be sold at a later date for console users. Link

KomoriMan said:
Sorry for any confusion and sorry for not jumping into any other threads about this topic. Spider-Man Symbiote will be available through consoles if you purchase all Founder's packs but will be later available as a costume.

So it's a time-exclusive via the Founder's packs but will be available later to everyone in some fashion.

The $60 packs are sort of in line with what you can get on PC and a decent value if you're going to play the game long term. The others are overpriced even compared to Gaz's standards.

Tomorrow. PSN store usually updates in the afternoons, I wouldn't get your hopes up about midnight.

The things included in whichever Founder's Pack you buy carries over, but all progress will be reset. Any G's you spend will be refunded. Anything you bought with the earned in-game currency won't.
Thanks!

Phloxy

Still no news about performance? This game will go nowhere if the it can't maintain a smooth/consistent framerate.

Nobody. Doesn't mean it isn't shady as shit

When people defend shit like this too it becomes precedent

Edit: Im well aware this isn't the first to do it. It is still shitty.

How?

I'm really curious as to how this is shady other than you want to play for free tomorrow.

Zen Mu

It was confirmed to be sold at a later date for console users. Link

Oh snap! I don't even want to go to the MH forums then. I'm guessing there is some serious rage from PC "Ultimate" founders about this. I remember a post from way back at PC launch from one of the mods saying those founders costumes would never be sold and how they were the most sacred thing in the game.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Oh snap! I don't even want to go to the MH forums then. I'm guessing there is some serious rage from PC "Ultimate" founders about this. I remember a post from way back at PC launch from one of the mods saying those founders costumes would never be sold and how they were the most sacred thing in the game.
I imagine the Big E avatar properly expresses their initial reaction to the news.

Lothars

I always said they would sell it eventually but yeah there were certain ultimate founder owners that will be outraged by it. Personally I think it's a good thing.

Yes. Many are going crazy over there. But these are the two most logical responses I've seen:

How?

Founders got it because they were founders on PC - and guess what, it's NOT for sale on the PC!

People need to get it through their minds that MHO is essentially a brand new game, NOT a simple port from PC to Console.

Think of it this way: If MHO were to have had a totally different name that didn't share Marvel Heroes - like maybe just Marvel OMEGA - would people be asking to transfer over, or to complain there is a costume being sold on it?

NO - because they would see it's a different game. Which it is, from the UI to new itemization, no Pets, etc, etc ad nauseum..

This, 100%. I'm an Ultimate Founder and this is totally fine. They have broken no promise here. These aren't for sale on the PC game nor are they able to transfer to it.

New founders for new platform, and guess what, I'll be getting it again!

I wish these were up now. I'll have to wait untill late tomorrow night to play.

For PC users, I hope gazillion reaches out soon and gives you guys more concrete info with fixes and such.

Top Bottom